RID Module placement
1785 10 2023-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansabb5aeff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215361 ft

United States

I decided to just grab a remote ID Module for my Mavic Pro. Do you think there will be any problems with the GPS receiver reception by velcroing the RID module to the top of the drone?

I was thinking if it was a problem, I could just add extra strips of velcro to each battery and move the module each time. I know I can test all this stuff but hoping someone already did.

2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Remote ID module you purchase must be FAA-approved. Follow the Remote ID module instruction manual to properly install it on the drone. You also need to add Remote ID module information such as make, model, and serial number to the FAA drone registry. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on March 16, 2024. Before that, the FAA RID regulation did not affect the user’s flight activity. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-10-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you're saying the RID module must be FAA-approved but DJI's 2 newest drones are still not even FAA-approved as of right now. Why are the Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro oddly missing from the FAA's UAS Declaration of Compliance? Kevin Morris with the FAA puts it simply "If it is not on this list, it is technically not in compliance with remote ID".

Users have until 3-16-2024. Manufacturer's are not affected by the delay. So this very minute DJI is breaking the law by actively selling drones that are not in compliance with standard remote ID.
2023-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not velcro it to the top of the battery.  
2023-10-24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20561322 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-24 20:05
So you're saying the RID module must be FAA-approved but DJI's 2 newest drones are still not even FAA-approved as of right now. Why are the Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro oddly missing from the FAA's UAS Declaration of Compliance? Kevin Morris with the FAA puts it simply "If it is not on this list, it is technically not in compliance with remote ID".

Users have until 3-16-2024. Manufacturer's are not affected by the delay. So this very minute DJI is breaking the law by actively selling drones that are not in compliance with standard remote ID.

I was gonna to get a RID module for my mini2 so i can use it in commercial jobs, the state I live requires drones to be 249 grams or less to fly over people. I have was doing some weddings and private parties this summer. and that FAA RID requirement has been pushed back until March 24 https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa ... ent-date-six-months

but after seeing the price of the modules and how cumbersome they look I think I might just op for a new 249 drone with rid builtin In the very near future.
and then I found this video and I kind of agree with this guy  

2023-10-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-25 08:44
KUY7709 - My old "official" CB license code.

see what i mean
2023-10-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-25 08:05
I was gonna to get a RID module for my mini2 so i can use it in commercial jobs, the state I live requires drones to be 249 grams or less to fly over people. I have was doing some weddings and private parties this summer. and that FAA RID requirement has been pushed back until March 24 https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-extends-remote-id-enforcement-date-six-months

but after seeing the price of the modules and how cumbersome they look I think I might just op for a new 249 drone with rid builtin In the very near future.

The Mini 2 already has RID built in, no module needed. Also drone laws aren't different from state to state. The FAA makes the rules on a federal level.
2023-10-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-25 13:12
The Mini 2 already has RID built in, no module needed. Also drone laws aren't different from state to state. The FAA makes the rules on a federal level.

HUH? Since when ?  I must have missed something my DJI mini2 does not have any remote ID and I have the latest software, & firmware too it has RID for japan but not for the USA,  at least it not listed as a compliant RID  on the FAA website  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
If its not listed its not approved for the USA
I would really appreciate if you can please point me to where the mini2 has RID for the USA.
My understanding that the mini2 was not going to get RID in the USA so if you can point to me where i can get built in RID for my mini2 in the USA I would greatly appreciative it
2023-10-26
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-25 13:12
The Mini 2 already has RID built in, no module needed. Also drone laws aren't different from state to state. The FAA makes the rules on a federal level.

Oh my I am not sure what state you live in. Lucky you if your state does not have any drone laws.   but I assure you my state does have drone laws in addition to the FAA laws.   I am a part 107 operator so I have to comply https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-tennessee/

But please I would really appreciate the help on getting my builtin rid working in my mni2
2023-10-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-26 15:53
HUH? Since when ?  I must have missed something my DJI mini2 does not have any remote ID and I have the latest software, & firmware too it has RID for japan but not for the USA,  at least it not listed as a compliant RID  on the FAA website  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
If its not listed its not approved for the USA
I would really appreciate if you can please point me to where the mini2 has RID for the USA.

My bad, I read this post from an admin and took it at face value. This is a very bad choice in wording coming from an admin of all people.
2023-10-26
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-26 16:17
My bad, I read this post from an admin and took it at face value. This is a very bad choice in wording coming from an admin of all people. [view_image]

I agree I seen that post as well. I knew the mini2 had it for japan. which is very disappointing that it does not have it for the usa .  I can fly the mini2 recreational  with out RID but not for work
2023-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules