Go Fly app closed without warning during flight
510 8 2023-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

When out flying today with my new Mini 3 Pro, it was flying about 1900 feet way when the comm signal dropped to orange. I came to a stop and turned the gimbal up to check for hazards when the Go Fly app closed unexpectedly. "Notification" flashed on the screen for a second when the app was closed. Then it restarted and I had to reconnect to the drone.
It was a good thing I was hovering at the time. Since I was in a wooded area - if I had been flying I might have crashed the drone.

I think I've seen this issue before. Is there a series of events that can cause this? Is there are work around or solution? Or do I have a faulty Mini 3P?
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Hoarfrost. Please make sure to use the official app for the Mini 3 Pro. It should be the DJI Fly App that you can download for free from the DJI official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. There are some imitated DJI Apps on Playstore made by illegal individuals for fraud which may cause risk to the property security of our users.
In order to protect the rights and interests of our users, we have complained about this problem to the Play Store. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
2023-10-24
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 10-24 21:58
Hi, Hoarfrost. Please make sure to use the official app for the Mini 3 Pro. It should be the DJI Fly App that you can download for free from the DJI official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. There are some imitated DJI Apps on Playstore made by illegal individuals for fraud which may cause risk to the property security of our users.
In order to protect the rights and interests of our users, we have complained about this problem to the Play Store. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day.

Thanks - I'll re-download from your site and test.
2023-10-25
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

Hi, Hoarfrost. Please make sure to use the official app for the Mini 3 Pro. It should be the DJI Fly App that you can download for free from the DJI official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. There are some imitated DJI Apps on Playstore made by illegal individuals for fraud which may cause risk to the property security of our users.

I'm going to need some help.
The manual says the RC controller ships with the Go Fly app already installed so I don't know how it could be a fraudulent version.
I'd like to re-install it, but I can't tell how. I can't seem to get to the settings on the controller like other Android tablets.
Do I just do a reset to factory settings and the original app will be reloaded, or do I need to run the Assistant program to perform these functions?
Please advise.
2023-10-25
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

si tocas el boton de encendido volando se apaga la imagen si lo tocas se vuelve a ver eso fue lo que te paso.saludos
2023-10-25
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

RAYMARO Posted at 10-25 06:34
si tocas el boton de encendido volando se apaga la imagen si lo tocas se vuelve a ver eso fue lo que te paso.saludos

Thanks for responding. I didn't touch the power button, and the image didn't just disappear, the app closed completely, and I had to touch the Blue Go Fly button to re-connect to the aircraft.

2023-10-25
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

I reset the RC controller to factory settings, connected WIFI and logged back in.
I noticed a problem with the original installation that may have had something to do with this issue.

When I went into settings, I double checked the time and region and the controller was still set to China time and region.

I've since set that properly to my region and time. It's possible that might have caused some issues with the app?

The buttons for selecting Region and Time over the Internet were turned on, but the controller didn't update those settings automatically.

Is there a correct procedure to do this?
2023-10-25
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

Bien que se soluciono.saludos
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hoarfrost Posted at 10-25 06:42
I reset the RC controller to factory settings, connected WIFI and logged back in.
I noticed a problem with the original installation that may have had something to do with this issue.

Hi there. Sorry about the misunderstanding. There is an app called "Go Fly" that is an imitation of the DJI Fly app. If you're using a remote that has a built-in screen, the official app (DJI Fly) is already pre-installed. Resetting the factory settings of the DJI RC can fix the app issue. If the issue still persists, try removing the SD card and retry, Make sure the DJI RC firmware version and the DJI Fly App are the latest. If the version is the latest, please refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Have a great day.
2023-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules