We need an answer to this.
2023-10-25
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

None of the reviews are talking about it. I have read some info that it can be done but the receiver has to be plugged into the USB C port. I don't know if this is the case.
2023-10-25
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone found the answer?
2023-10-25
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

waxings Posted at 10-25 16:53

Saw in a livestream that Jake Sloan does on youtube.  You can use the v1 mic but you have to connect the receiver to the usb port.  You can actually connect any mic into the USB-C port if you want.
2023-10-25
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

waxings Posted at 10-25 16:53

Just found this on page 29 of the manual.  Instructions for Dji mic

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2023-10-25
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the manual:

2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our new product. Yes, the DJI Pocket 3 is compatible with both the DJI Mic and DJI Mic 2 transmitter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-25
Use props
tacchan23
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 20:28
Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our new product. Yes, the DJI Pocket 3 is compatible with both the DJI Mic and DJI Mic 2 transmitter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

He meant without using the DJI Mic Reciver connected to the Pocket 3
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

tacchan23 Posted at 10-25 23:26

Hi there. Please refer to the screenshot provided by our fellow member, Interpol above for your reference. Use the USB-C mobile phone adapter to connect the receiver to the USB-C port on the camera. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-27 02:20
Hi there. Please refer to the screenshot provided by our fellow member, Interpol above for your reference. Use the USB-C mobile phone adapter to connect the receiver to the USB-C port on the camera. Thank you for your understanding.

It’s not great hanging a receiver from the bottom of the camera from a usbC plug. So the DJI Wireless transmitters that many of us have don’t connect to the camera’s receiver.

Mobile use might well be difficult worrying about the receiver feeling falling off!
2023-10-27
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tacchan23 Posted at 10-25 23:26

You have to use the receiver plugged it but it is fairly tight unless you’re pretty rough it won’t fall off . You can also use third party usbc type mics also it wont work with wireless mic from P2 which is a pity. But Mic 2 and option to buy and use a second one without a receiver should be a really good option.

The price for dji mic 1 has dropped a lot so it looks like new mic options will be coming , dji have made great strides im manufacturing really good mic system’s considering they’re only doing this a few years.
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-27 02:26
It’s not great hanging a receiver from the bottom of the camera from a usbC plug. So the DJI Wireless transmitters that many of us have don’t connect to the camera’s receiver.

Mobile use might well be difficult worrying about the receiver feeling falling off!

Thank you for your response, Ian. We totally understand your concern however, this is the way we can connect the DJI Mic on the DJI Pocket 3. You may want to check the DJI Mic 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_PUvsGmb8aaZq
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 02:26
Thank you for your response, Ian. We totally understand your concern however, this is the way we can connect the DJI Mic on the DJI Pocket 3. You may want to check the DJI Mic 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Honestly I’m kind of disappointed. I didn’t buy the combo pack because in all my research everywhere was saying you can just link the mic. And I’ve already spent money on the original mic so now you made it where I have to use my receiver or buy a whole new set of mics to not use the receiver?
Is there an actual reason behind this orr did you do it to force us to buy a whole new set of mics?
2023-12-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_PUvsGmb8aaZq Posted at 12-14 00:53
Honestly I’m kind of disappointed. I didn’t buy the combo pack because in all my research everywhere was saying you can just link the mic. And I’ve already spent money on the original mic so now you made it where I have to use my receiver or buy a whole new set of mics to not use the receiver?
Is there an actual reason behind this orr did you do it to force us to buy a whole new set of mics?

It's called progress.  How old is the original mic?  Does it have the features of the new one, for instance 32 bit float internal recording?  But actually, the original wireless mic connected via USB-C provides a feature that the new one does not have - it allows for the internal mics to be recorded in stereo and the Mic 1 to be recorded separately, which is ideal for adding focus to a voice while hearing the ambient noise in natural stereo.  The Mic 2 collapses everything to mono (which I hope will be fixed in due course).
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_PUvsGmb8aaZq Posted at 12-14 00:53
Honestly I’m kind of disappointed. I didn’t buy the combo pack because in all my research everywhere was saying you can just link the mic. And I’ve already spent money on the original mic so now you made it where I have to use my receiver or buy a whole new set of mics to not use the receiver?

We totally understand your frustration and this is not the experience we want you to have. You can still connect your DJI Mic to the Osmo Pocket 3 without buying the Mic 2 as it is compatible with the unit. We will also consider sending this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-15
Use props
haonh1306
lvl.1

Vietnam

How to use DJI MIC 1 and DJI MIC 2 of Pocket 3 at the same time ? Thank you.
3-26 01:48
Use props
fans9a7ac4d1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Received my osmo pocket 3 today but I didn't realise you can't use the original DJI mics to directly connect them! So annoyed this isn't available! Please please please DJI! Firmware update needed rather than having to pay out even more money to get another mic set!!!!!! This should be done from the start!

Yes I know you can with the receiver plugged in but this is not what I want hanging off the camera obviously.
4-5 07:29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

fans9a7ac4d1 Posted at 4-5 07:29
Received my osmo pocket 3 today but I didn't realise you can't use the original DJI mics to directly connect them! So annoyed this isn't available! Please please please DJI! Firmware update needed rather than having to pay out even more money to get another mic set!!!!!! This should be done from the start!

Yes I know you can with the receiver plugged in but this is not what I want hanging off the camera obviously.

If that   version of bluetooth is allowed it will happen,  guess it is not allowed and will not happen
4-5 09:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules