Osmo Pocket 3 with DJI Mic 2 Audio Test - including opera singing!
1443 10 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

2023-10-25
Use props
hixxxxxx0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

in the intro, the audio sounded wildly better when you turned the mic off. was that the pocket 3 internal mics? you might need to turn up the gain on your wireless mic significantly
2023-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice audio test.    I think I prefer the Mic 2 vice the internal mics.  That opera singer has quite the voice.  
2023-10-25
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the internal mics are by far better, the DJI mic sounds, as if there is foam on the mic.
2023-10-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The internal mics will be intended for general ambience recording in stereo.  The wireless mic is intended for voice commentary (mono of course as there's only one - but you can connect two for stereo).  Its chief benefit is 32 bit float, so if the capsule and preamps are adequate, and opera singer won't begin to overload it.  
2023-10-26
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hixxxxxx0 Posted at 10-25 15:33
in the intro, the audio sounded wildly better when you turned the mic off. was that the pocket 3 internal mics? you might need to turn up the gain on your wireless mic significantly

Yes, that was with the internal mics - the system integrated into the Pocket 3 is very good. However, filming in a quiet forest was the ideal scenario for such a system, and the lav mic would obviously be better in a noisy setting.

Regarding gain adjustments, for some reason they were not available using pre-launch firmware - I just now updated the device and now have access to a lot more audio tools which were not previously available to me.
2023-10-26
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-26 06:41
The internal mics will be intended for general ambience recording in stereo.  The wireless mic is intended for voice commentary (mono of course as there's only one - but you can connect two for stereo).  Its chief benefit is 32 bit float, so if the capsule and preamps are adequate, and opera singer won't begin to overload it.

After I edited this video together I went back and re-recorded the opera singer with 32-bit float enabled and got similar results. What I needed to do was lower the gain to adjust for the louder notes, but prior to launch I was unable to access gain controls (the post-launch firmware update fixed this).
2023-10-26
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Having the possibility of connecting 2 external mic for stereo is great
2023-12-9
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Nice test. It and the follow-on comments are enlightening regarding use of the mic.
2023-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, I'm not super impressed with the Mic 2 sound. But it's very usable for vlogging for sure.
You should match the gain better (Mic 2 was much more quiet) for a fair comparison.
2023-12-13
Use props
fansf37d489b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for posting this - it replicates my experience with the mic too. The clip on mic has a sort of muffled/clipped quality - like the other poster said - it sounds like there is foam on the mic. I was worried that I had a faulty unit as I found the clip on mic lacked the clarity of the built in mic. It seems that might be as it's designed to pick out the voice in a noisy environment. I've tried upping the gain but if anyone else has a useful tip on how to improve the clip on mic I'd love to hear it
3-10 12:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules