Cruise control query
468 3 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

Ok.  My air 3 is grounded for a bit until I'm better, but I was wondering if anyone has tried cruise control vertically
Didn't see anything in the manual but it seems feasible andI can imagine a couple scenarios where it'd be good shooting some clips.
If you don't know, I'm hoping someone will try and report back.

Thanks
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Cruise Control function enables the aircraft to lock the current control stick input of the remote controller when conditions permit. Fly at the speed corresponding to the current control stick input without continually using control stick movements, and also support more camera movements such as spiraling up by increasing the control stick input.
Notes:
1. Cruise Control supports more control stick movements such as ascending the aircraft when flying forward or ascending/descending the aircraft when flying around an object, etc.). If the Cruise Control button is pressed, the current control stick input of the remote controller is locked, and the aircraft can maintain the flight along with the current flight path.

2. When entering cruise control, only the reverse stick movement in the forward direction responds, and the aircraft will move at a lower speed. (For example: If the aircraft flies leftward, moving the stick rightward represents a reverse stick movement. If the aircraft flies forward, moving the stick backward also represents a reverse stick movement.) When other sticks are moved, the aircraft will not respond, and it will not exit cruise control mode. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-25
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Yes, it works with any direction/input from joysticks...
Practically is remembering the joystick status and is applying it as a Default, you can add in flight more motions that in normal scenario would be impossible to add.
2023-10-26
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-26 06:07
Yes, it works with any direction/input from joysticks...
Practically is remembering the joystick status and is applying it as a Default, you can add in flight more motions that in normal scenario would be impossible to add.

Good news.  Many thx.  Looking forward to trying it out once I’m airborne again
2023-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules