683 13 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaybro130
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7545591 ft
United States

Dear DJI,
Would you PLEASE unleash the capabilities of the M3 Enterise 4/3 sensor camera capabilities!  My M3 Classic can shoot in 4K 60FPS and has an adjustable aperture.  Please add these to the M3E!  Us commercial pilots need the same features that are available on consumer drones with the same camera.  Don't cheap out on us and don't limit its capabilities.  
We spend 5K+ on these drones, the least you could do is to give us these features...something...

Sincerely,
EVERYBODY

2023-10-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hate to break it to you, it's not going to happen. The 3E is designed for surveying, S&R and not pro film/photography.

There's nothing stopping DJI from allowing this on your drone, but DJI don't want a drone which can do everything. They can't have the enterprise drones eating into the consumer market.
2023-10-26
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 10-26 08:07
Hate to break it to you, it's not going to happen. The 3E is designed for surveying, S&R and not pro film/photography.

There's nothing stopping DJI from allowing this on your drone, but DJI don't want a drone which can do everything. They can't have the enterprise drones eating into the consumer market.

I get that, but enough of us holler loud and often enough...who knows.  Doesn't hurt to ask...(hence the EVERYBODY signature).
2023-10-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Jaybro130 Posted at 10-26 08:33
I get that, but enough of us holler loud and often enough...who knows.  Doesn't hurt to ask...(hence the EVERYBODY signature).

Agreed, but they are like Israel with their hardline tactics on never bending their policies for commercial drone operators.
2023-10-26
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 10-26 08:46
Agreed, but they are like Israel with their hardline tactics on never bending their policies for commercial drone operators.

WTF?  You trying to be funny?  Keep that political $hIt off my post!
2023-10-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 10-26 08:07

There's nothing stopping DJI from allowing this on your drone, but DJI don't want a drone which can do everything. They can't have the enterprise drones eating into the consumer market.

How is 4k60 considered a pro film/photography exclusive feature? The entry level M3 Classic can do double this frame rate. The M3E is also targeted towards inspection work right? DJI should use it to inspect how beneficial 60fps would be for such tasks. If they still don't understand then maybe it's because the M3E is limited to 4k recording. Identical camera hardware on other Mavic 3's can shoot in 5.1k and this would be beneficial to any field, not just "Pro videographers". Bottom line, this is a commercial drone and should have more capabilities than what it currently offers. Is manual white balance only for professionals too? Because we are still limited to auto white balance today.
2023-10-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-26 10:30
How is 4k60 considered a pro film/photography exclusive feature? The entry level M3 Classic can do double this frame rate. The M3E is also targeted towards inspection work right? DJI should use it to inspect how beneficial 60fps would be for such tasks. If they still don't understand then maybe it's because the M3E is limited to 4k recording. Identical camera hardware on other Mavic 3's can shoot in 5.1k and this would be beneficial to any field, not just "Pro videographers". Bottom line, this is a commercial drone and should have more capabilities than what it currently offers. Is manual white balance only for professionals too? Because we are still limited to auto white balance today.

I don't really consider 60fps in it's unedited form a pro film feature, but to a lot of amateur filmmakers think that 60fps=better camera for filmmaking. It is also handy to half speed a clip and then 50/60fps is worthy of being classed as a pro film feature.

I also agree that 60fps is handy for surveying in some scenarios, as long as the quality of the footage isn't dropped at higher frame rates.

The AWB on the Enterprise models is totally wrong. I saw the argument in the other thread about this and DJI are totally wrong to not allow manual WB control. Surveying soil must be a nightmare in AWB!
2023-10-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 10-26 10:57
I don't really consider 60fps in it's unedited form a pro film feature, but to a lot of amateur filmmakers think that 60fps=better camera for filmmaking. It is also handy to half speed a clip and then 50/60fps is worthy of being classed as a pro film feature.

I also agree that 60fps is handy for surveying in some scenarios, as long as the quality of the footage isn't dropped at higher frame rates.

Inspecting windmills could use 60+ fps. Of course if you double the framerate the video bitrate isn't going to double. The micro SD card can only be written to so fast, which brings up another missing feature: internal storage. This can have much higher write speeds compared to micro SD cards. So why is the M3E the only Mavic 3 with ZERO internal storage? All others have 8 GB which isn't much but could be the difference between completing a job or not. This tiny, easily corrupted and commonly forgotten piece of gear renders the drone completely useless since there isn't room for a single image without it.  
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Jaybro130. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-26 19:55
Hi, Jaybro130. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc.  Thank you for your understanding and support.

@DJI Paladin, I hope so.  Because honestly at this rate, the M3E is my last "Enterprise" drone from DJI unless things improve.
2023-10-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yea yea nobody is buying this crap reply anymore.  One thing you said is true though. Your engineers are long overdue for an evaluation. How many pages of request, suggestions and YouTube videos have been made over the past 6 months asking for white balance control? Apparently not enough for your engineers to wake up and do something.
2023-10-26
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

DJ Paladin,
I will be pleasantly surprised if DJI gives us anything.  As others have said, the only time you take action on request like this is if Autel beats you to it.  Let’s see some action on this!
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 10-26 20:10
@DJI Paladin, I hope so.  Because honestly at this rate, the M3E is my last "Enterprise" drone from DJI unless things improve.

Hello, Tony. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-26 20:17
Yea yea nobody is buying this crap reply anymore.  One thing you said is true though. Your engineers are long overdue for an evaluation. How many pages of request, suggestions and YouTube videos have been made over the past 6 months asking for white balance control? Apparently not enough for your engineers to wake up and do something.

Thank you for your response, Johnnokomis and we apologize if we can only do so much. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules