In flight problems after 1.3.0 FW update
1696 12 2015-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

First time able to fly here in the Arizona desert because oftemps well above 100f.  Most of theproblems are navigational. All preflight check’s done, including IMU andCompass calibration done. Everything looks good to GO.

1. Right away once at about 6 feet in the air and pushing theleft stick forward the bird goes sideways to the right. After stopping, thengoing forward again the bird stays on track in a straight line. While going straightahead as I bank left slowly then stick straight forward the bird goes on aright side move, not straight.

2. When raising landing gear while hovering about 5 feet thebird climbs another 4 feet. When lowering gear while at a 6 to 15 foot hoverthe bird loses about 5 foot in altitude.

3. Whenever I’m flying forward and about 20+ knots then slowdownto a complete stop, the bird loses about 5+ feet in altitude.

4. Several time’s during today’s flights I’m losing connectionto the bird, flight controls still active. I’m guessing this is the DJI GO appproblem.

5. Did the FW update about 3 weeks ago and selected thedischarge to start at 1 day for storage. Today all the Batts were at about 87%.

I’ve been flying the I1 over the past 6 months with noproblems at all; it’s been rock solid until the 1.3 update.
Grounding the bird until DJI gets the FW fixed.

2015-9-5
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problems. Even in fast foward flight you can hear the motors fight them selves. I then put previous fw back in, the inspire is rock solid again but now I lose video feed after about 150m. The motors still fight each other in fast flight. So I've gone back to current fw so I can still get video feed.
2015-9-5
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

it's not a FW issue.
My I1 it's performing flawlessly.
Yes I see that braking is less aggressive, more Phantom like but besides that...no issues.
Video feed has also been spot on. A little lag but I'm guessing that's interference from where I live at.
2015-9-5
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well these symptoms only happen since firmware update. Plenty of others have the same problems.
2015-9-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'd agree that flight behavior has changed with this fw.
Have seen some vertical drift down, esp during turns or sweeping arcs.

I haven't seen signal loss issues on the primary controller (slave controller is a separate issue) but I don't let the inspire get very far from me while airborne.
2015-9-5
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

best to stay on .06 that seems to be the best firmware to date!! im on pilot app 1.1.2 and having no flight issues i am however having gimbal horizon problems very frustrating!!! for a 3000 doller bird......
2015-9-6
Use props
kasper.levison
lvl.2

Sweden

The same here ! Signal lost, all the time. This never happened before the upgrade.
2015-9-7
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

I live in Anthem and i have been flying all summer!!! Heat hasnt affected my Inspire 1 at all!!!!
2015-9-7
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

hcpilot@cox.net Posted at 2015-9-7 13:12
I live in Anthem and i have been flying all summer!!! Heat hasnt affected my Inspire 1 at all!!!!

I'm in Anthem as well, glad to hear another I1 is in the area. I'm just not taking the chance during the heat as I don't need to have the bird in the air until next month.
2015-9-7
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Did they kick you out of the park too?? :@
2015-9-7
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

hcpilot@cox.net Posted at 2015-9-7 14:56
Did they kick you out of the park too??

I got the info before I flew there. I did however get permission from the CC to do an aerial video of the park and memorial last year.
2015-9-7
Use props
blackcruiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 684055 ft
Singapore

Do you guys feel the inspire is flying slower now with firmware 1.3?
I also realize that the bird will start hoovering away from the take off points once in a while.
2015-9-7
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

Slower and very unstable. Looking at loading the previous FW.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules