Pocket 3 - Splitted video files?
1991 8 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Germany

Dear DJI Team,

with my Pocket 2 I often had problems to merge single files when recording longer, even with the recommended software. Sometimes frames were missing and the recommended software often crashed.
Therefore my question: Does the Pocket 3 also split longer recordings into single files? If yes, how they can be merged seamlessly?

Thanks
Dave
2023-10-29
Use props
WORFTX
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Pocket 2 formatted MicroSD cards as FAT32 which limits file sizes to 4 GB per file. Pocket 3 uses ExFAT and DJI limits file sizes to about 16 GB per file. Much better than Pocket 2.  

DJI states they do this to lower the risk of file corruption with extremely large files.  DJI's LightCut should help merge these video files together.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dave. Thank you for reaching out. Considering the inconvenience of viewing many 4GB videos after recording a large-size video, Osmo Pocket 3 has optimized the video splitting feature. Now, videos will only be split when they reach approximately 16GB in size.
2023-10-29
Use props
lvl.2
Germany

Great, thank you!!!!
2023-10-29
Use props
bohaman
lvl.1
United States

May I ask if there is a way for me to limit the file size i.e. max to like 9 or 10GB?
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bohaman Posted at 12-14 21:08
May I ask if there is a way for me to limit the file size i.e. max to like 9 or 10GB?

Hi, Bohaman. This feature is currently not available but let me forward this to the related team as a suggestion. Thank you for your patience and valued support. Have a great day.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

212 Posted at 10-29 08:12
Great, thank you!!!!

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2023-12-17
Use props
bohaman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-17 01:48
Hi, Bohaman. This feature is currently not available but let me forward this to the related team as a suggestion. Thank you for your patience and valued support. Have a great day.

Thank you so much as I'm using Google photos and it max at 10gb per video so this will help me not have to cut video to get it upload.

Hope you will have this feature support soon
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bohaman Posted at 12-18 23:51
Thank you so much as I'm using Google photos and it max at 10gb per video so this will help me not have to cut video to get it upload.

Hope you will have this feature support soon

You are always welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
2023-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules