Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone.
Next week i'll recieve the DJI Rc Plus, bought because i've pre-ordered the L2 and i have the M300, so i have to upgrade the RC.
I have a question: on the forum i've read some issues on updating firmware of the RC Plus and then having issues with the M300, or connection problems.

There's still issues with RC Plus and M300? any experience in this way?
Some advice for a user like me, having a M300 and who needs to update with the new RC? Issues with any payload?
I'll recieve the DJI RC Plus at the end of next week, but the L2 probably in middle/end november. So i have to make some operations with RC Plus and L1. Any other problem with P1?

Thank you.
2023-10-29
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Using RC+ with M300 and every payloads from DJI + Micasense. No issue. Follow the update/upgrade guidelines from DJI :-)
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... and_M350_RTK_EN.pdf
2023-10-30
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you, this was exactly what i was looking for. Never been so scared to update firmware
2023-10-31
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

----------
2023-10-31
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

Panph Posted at 10-31 02:58
Thank you, this was exactly what i was looking for. Never been so scared to update firmware

Good luck! :-)

In theory, you can rollback to previous firmware ( and RC )...as long as you don't use/have your L2.
IRL I didn't test/do it.
2023-10-31
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I've been able to get it work perfectly! Rc Plus is so much better than the Smart controller!
2023-11-1
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

Panph Posted at 11-1 10:46
I've been able to get it work perfectly! Rc Plus is so much better than the Smart controller!

Indeed : day and night.
2023-11-2
Use props
Drone Media Imaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

It appears that the RC Plus comes in two flavours one for the Inspire 3 and one of the Matrice line. If you are delivered the IP3 version it is not compatible with the Matrice line in my case the M300. The RC Plus has no facility to down grade the firmware to v01.02.04.40 and does not provide an offline firmware update option as it does on the RC Pro or in DA2 M300.... DJI have failed to provide any informaiton on this. I have had no choice but to insist on a full refund from my bemused seller! This is typical DJI BS as usual.... Why would they not either clear mark each RC Plus or make then comapitble or allow the changing of the firmware...??
2023-12-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Drone Media Imaging Posted at 12-16 10:52
It appears that the RC Plus comes in two flavours one for the Inspire 3 and one of the Matrice line. If you are delivered the IP3 version it is not compatible with the Matrice line in my case the M300. The RC Plus has no facility to down grade the firmware to v01.02.04.40 and does not provide an offline firmware update option as it does on the RC Pro or in DA2 M300.... DJI have failed to provide any informaiton on this. I have had no choice but to insist on a full refund from my bemused seller! This is typical DJI BS as usual.... Why would they not either clear mark each RC Plus or make then comapitble or allow the changing of the firmware...??

The eternal problem of the different DJI Transmission Systems. We've all been tricked at least once. Then you know it and you don't get fooled anymore.

M300 - 350 DJI O3 Enterprise
Inspire 3 O3 Pro
2023-12-16
Use props
Drone Media Imaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah I know… but this was something that never came up when I was researching before buying, just the RC Pro firmware issues. So thought I would comment on it for others. Why DJI have to make everything so bloody difficult all the time!
2023-12-17
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,
have you any experience with Bluetooth-Tethering?
1-5 04:20
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Here is an update on problems with the RC+:

Yesterday I tested the remote control in combination with the M300 and the L2 and I have to say that I am disappointed. Not from the results of the measurement, but from the operation and behavior of the remote control. Here is why:

- the signal strength is very poor. After 500 meters there was a brief loss of connection to the drone even though there were only a few branches in the line of sight.
- the image transmission stalls extremely. Sometimes the display doesn't update for half a minute. This affects the live lidar point cloud, the L2 camera and the drone's FPV camera equally. The problem also occurs when the drone is directly above the pilot. Safe flying is therefore hardly possible.
For comparison: With the old remote control, there was still good signal strength even after 3 kilometers of clear visibility. The image transmission from the P1 never had errors

- the old problem with RTK / NTRIP: We got an original DJI network modem (dongle) and inserted a SIM. Initially, the remote control also had network connection and the drone had RTK. After about 5 minutes, the connection suddenly disappears and mobile data is no longer available at all. The "mobile data" option can no longer be activated in the Android menu (but is apparently active if you look in the submenus). After restarting the remote control, the network connection is back - but only for 5 minutes. This is really bad during the flight. By the way, the raw data cannot be processed in DJI Terra if the RTK data is not complete (error 8005). I then flew with a mobile hotspot - but perhaps that is the reason for the poor connection due to interference?

Has anyone had similar experiences or can give me tips regarding the dongle or SIM card? Maybe DJI support here in the forum?

Thank you!
1-24 00:29
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Midic, i've been using the RC+ for about few months, i've also done mission with about 1km distance without trasmission issue you've mentioned (i was in clear view of the uav). Neither image transmission stall i've never experienced. Only once when i forgot to set the P1 back to JPG after RAW shooting, after starting a mission trasmission stalls, but after fixing back to jpg everything was fine.
I have my L2 on the way, as soon as it come i'll let you know about it.
Instead in last months i've had LOT of problems with RTK connection stability. Tried with 3 NTRIP provider, had issue with all of them, so the problem must be the M300.
RTK disconnecting while both on L1 scanning and P1 photogrammetry. No bad 4g area coverage or other external issue.
I must be honest, i bought an Emlid Reach RS3 to set as base, so in case i can have PPK data for post processing in case of errors, which appears quite frequently in last months.
1-24 00:39
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Ah, i forgot, i use an external Huawei dongle, which create its own wifi network, never had issue.
Initially, i used an iphone with hotspot, but you need to know if an iphone has low data trasmission, it switch off itself after few minutes of "inactivity" for battery saving. You need to connect to a charger in order to keep the hotspot alive.
1-24 00:42
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Panph Posted at 1-24 00:39
Hi Midic, i've been using the RC+ for about few months, i've also done mission with about 1km distance without trasmission issue you've mentioned (i was in clear view of the uav). Neither image transmission stall i've never experienced. Only once when i forgot to set the P1 back to JPG after RAW shooting, after starting a mission trasmission stalls, but after fixing back to jpg everything was fine.
I have my L2 on the way, as soon as it come i'll let you know about it.
Instead in last months i've had LOT of problems with RTK connection stability. Tried with 3 NTRIP provider, had issue with all of them, so the problem must be the M300.

Thanks for your report.

The RTK-problem in our case is not the NTRIP-Service but the network-connection via the DJI-Dongle. It is completely gone after a few minutes and can't be activated again when the RC Plus is on. PPK is in most cases not an useful option for us. We have a lot of small measurement areas which lie far apart. So we have to be quick. Thats why we invested in a Matrice 300 RTK
1-24 00:47
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 00:47
Thanks for your report.

The RTK-problem in our case is not the NTRIP-Service but the network-connection via the DJI-Dongle. It is completely gone after a few minutes and can't be activated again when the RC Plus is on. PPK is in most cases not an useful option for us. We have a lot of small measurement areas which lie far apart. So we have to be quick. Thats why we invested in a Matrice 300 RTK

I've never had a signal loss with the DJI dongle in my Matrice M30 and RC+ controller. From the description of your issues, it really looks like there's a problem with your controller. Perhaps a noisy power supply somewhere in the unit is throwing out enough RF to compromise your signal integrity.
1-24 07:04
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Hoarfrost Posted at 1-24 07:04
I've never had a signal loss with the DJI dongle in my Matrice M30 and RC+ controller. From the description of your issues, it really looks like there's a problem with your controller. Perhaps a noisy power supply somewhere in the unit is throwing out enough RF to compromise your signal integrity.

Mh, thanks for the clue. I will contact the DJI support soon.
1-29 01:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules