Are they releasing both versions for ios and android on the Sept.7 upgrade ?
1150 9 2015-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anybody know if DJI  will be releasing BOTH the android and ios versions of software upgrade on Sept. 7
2015-9-5
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

its a firmware update, the functionality is already in the app
2015-9-5
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-9-5 21:56
its a firmware update, the functionality is already in the app

Is it? What about POI and home lock? Will the options just show up after the bird is updated?
2015-9-5
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-9-5 22:21
Is it? What about POI and home lock? Will the options just show up after the bird is updated?

I think your skepticism is well placed.  All they've announced is a release of firmware that supports it.  Of course there must be an application upgrade to support it (by either DJI or other devolopers).  I don't think the previous poster is accurate in stating the current application already supports it.  

Given both Apple and Googles internal App approval process I find it unlikely that even DJI knows exactly when their own app release will become public.  Of course they are control of the firmware release, but that's only 1/2 of the equation.  Especially for Apple, delay times between developed application submital and approval has always been a bone of contention .  Apple gets to publicly releasing submitted applications on their own (and usually delayed beyond a developers comfort level) schedule with public release of submitted applications.  

If one is to look closely at the announcements, it only states a public firmware release.  That does the general user no good until an application follows that takes advantage of the firmware.  Hopefully it's quickly.
2015-9-5
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

TAZ Posted at 2015-9-6 14:01
I think your skepticism is well placed.  All they've announced is a release of firmware that suppo ...

YEAH lets totally revamp the app only to have to revamp it less then a month later when the new firmware drops. not saying there wouldn't be a minor update, but im willing to bet by bottom dollar most of it is already in there waiting to get flipped on.
2015-9-5
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

Do you think they will ever be able to update the firmware from the app - distribute it by wifi? - This would make things much simpler IMO?
2015-9-6
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-9-6 01:10
YEAH lets totally revamp the app only to have to revamp it less then a month later when the new fi ...

I hope it is. Would make things a lot simpler. Guess we will see in a day or 2 ;-)
2015-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nah, all Android firmware is often released a week or two later. ;-)

You will just have to wait. Hahaha, just kidding.

It should be simultaneous.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-6 15:17
Nah, all Android firmware is often released a week or two later. ;-)

You will just have to wait. Ha ...

Previous releases of the Pilot app have shown that DJI has been behind on the Android release verses the Google Play Store and once a week ahead.

With Apple, there are ways to grease the skids. Apples doesn't care if your app works or not, just that it followed the developers kit. Apple scans for virus and one it goes. They Apple allow developers a number of expedited releases each year. If DJI still has their credits left over, there could be a release on Tuesday from the Apple App Store.
2015-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, perhaps firmware on Monday, Go App on Tuesday.
Same day service would be much easier... Although the app update is done automatically.
I think I will go ahead and format my SD card in the bird before bed tonight, and remove the last BIN files.
My four intelligent flight batteries have all been updated and are prepared for any new firmware that may be included for them.

Looks like: "Early to bed, early to rise!" For me tonight... ;-)
I want to get right on this, when ever it becomes available to unzip.
Plan on having the BeepBeepBeepBeep!! With my morning tea.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules