Screen Off while Recording/Streaming
677 4 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda384bc6
lvl.2
United States

I've heard others say that the screen can be turned off while recording but all I can find is the brightness down to 0 which doesn't actually turn the screen off.
I have 2 use cases where I want to turn the screen off.
1) I'd like to conserve battery while streaming
2) Situations where I don't want to disturb others with my screen on.
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Under Settings, there is a "Scrn Off When Rec" setting where it is configurable.
2023-10-30
Use props
fansda384bc6
lvl.2
United States

@DaveSp, what can I say, I'm blind, I must have scrolled past that a dozen times. TY! I suspect this thread will be useful to many others though.
2023-10-30
Use props
fansda384bc6
lvl.2
United States

This does work pretty nice but it would be nice to have a button to just turn it off rather than a timer I'm still SOOOO happy to have this option now. I use this for IRL in theme parks so I don't want the screen on in dark rides... ya, I know, everyone does it but I don't want to be that person. I've found drawing the least amount of attention is the best thing for IRL. Well done DJI!
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you managed to isolate your concern with the help of our fellow member DaveSp with his response above. Please note that this function can be found under Settings and can be set as 3s/15s/30s/1min/5min/10min/never. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules