Unbind Air 2
278 9 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kwb00SETukCU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715997 ft
United Kingdom

I have bought a used Mavic Air 2 Flymore kit. The previous owner has not unbound it. I have tried emailing, DM through the forum we are both members on, and through his social media account. There has been no response. It still flies for now using the supplied controller, but if I log out of the account it will render the Air 2 as useless as a paperweight.
@DJI, how do I go about unbinding the controller and account from the previous owner if I can not get hold of them? I can prove that the unit was bought legitimately and has not been stolen.

2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

It still flies for now using the supplied controller, but if I log out of the account it will render the Air 2 as useless as a paperweight.
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you log into the DJI FLY APP with the DJI Account of the original owner?
To better understand your issue, would you please tap DJI FLY APP -Profile- Device Management and screenshot the page for us?  
2023-10-30
Use props
Caledronia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I dont think so actually. I use the fly app that is registered to me on the tablet I use for flights
20231031_090344.jpg
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Caledronia Posted at 10-31 01:09
I dont think so actually. I use the fly app that is registered to me on the tablet I use for flights

Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and in respect of the privacy rules and regulations.
If you purchase a second-hand drone, we recommend you try to contact your seller to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it.

If your seller can't contact the previous owner, please let us know. We can try to contact the previous owner. You are advised to contact our support for help here: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
’But we could not guarantee the result. We will try to wait for the owner's answer within 5 working days and give you feedback as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding and support.  
2023-10-31
Use props
Caledronia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have been trying to contact the seller for 4 days. They are  not responding. That's why I contacted you
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Caledronia Posted at 10-31 01:52
I have been trying to contact the seller for 4 days. They are  not responding. That's why I contacted you

If so, you can contact our support for assistance.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_P5Djat78O4f9
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 23:55
It still flies for now using the supplied controller, but if I log out of the account it will render the Air 2 as useless as a paperweight.
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you log into the DJI FLY APP with the DJI Account of the original owner?
To better understand your issue, would you please tap DJI FLY APP -Profile- Device Management and screenshot the page for us?

If i change the motherboard will that unbind the drone since the motherboard is new
2023-12-20
Use props
djiuser_P5Djat78O4f9
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-31 04:30
If so, you can contact our support for assistance.

Will a new motherboard  unbind it? Since all electronics go thru the motherboard?
2023-12-20
Use props
djiuser_P5Djat78O4f9
New

United States

Caledronia Posted at 10-31 01:52

Find out if a new motherboard will  unbind it. You would think it would.  How else can they link any drone back to any owner if the whole drone is rebuilt with new parts
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_P5Djat78O4f9 Posted at 12-20 16:31
Will a new motherboard  unbind it? Since all electronics go thru the motherboard?

Hello, there. We do not recommend users fix the drone by themselves or under any authorized methods.
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules