Imported Footage Looks Desaturated and Dull
625 8 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Topknot87
lvl.1

United States

The footage looks great on the camera's monitor but when imported onto my computer all the footage looks dull and desaturated.

I'm getting the impression I need to change some sort of color interpretation in both my system and when working in Premiere but anything I research doesn't seem to be helping.

Any help would be appreciated.
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Topknot87. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us with sample footage/s to further check? Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-11-5
Use props
RussellKentNicholls
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! Are you shooting in D-Log? If so, the footage will look like this until you add a Rec709 LUT.
2023-11-5
Use props
Topknot87
lvl.1

United States

RussellKentNicholls Posted at 11-5 08:49
Hi! Are you shooting in D-Log? If so, the footage will look like this until you add a Rec709 LUT.

I don't believe the DJI Ronin shoots in D-Log or at least I can't find anything in the manual. I think you're thinking of one of the functions of the DJI drones
Edit - Never mind, I found it under the specs for the Gamma recording. It would seem like it can record three different types of gamma with one of them being Rec. 709 so I wonder if there is a way to change it on the camera.
2023-11-6
Use props
Topknot87
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE: It doesn't seem to help changing the gamma recording from D-Log to Rec. 709
2023-11-6
Use props
Topknot87
lvl.1

United States

RussellKentNicholls Posted at 11-5 08:49

SOLVED: So downloading DJI's D-Log to Rec.709 LUT seems to have fixed things - https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/transcoding-mavic-3

I just find it strange you have to jump through hoops to get your footage to look correct along with changing the recording gamma IN THE CAMERA ITSELF and it doesn't help.
2023-11-6
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Topknot87 Posted at 11-6 07:45
SOLVED: So downloading DJI's D-Log to Rec.709 LUT seems to have fixed things - https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/transcoding-mavic-3

I just find it strange you have to jump through hoops to get your footage to look correct along with changing the recording gamma IN THE CAMERA ITSELF and it doesn't help.

Is this your first time using a cinema camera?

Shooting on a LOG format to give you greater color-correction flexibility in post has been standard in digital filmmaking for decades.

To anyone else in the future just learning or having a similar problem:
This is a non-complaint from a novice who doesn't understand how to use the tools yet.

No disrespect intended, but I felt some context needed to be brought to this thread for future readers. Good luck on your projects!
2023-11-8
Use props
Topknot87
lvl.1

United States

Ford4D Posted at 11-8 12:07
Is this your first time using a cinema camera?

Shooting on a LOG format to give you greater color-correction flexibility in post has been standard in digital filmmaking for decades.

Im am VERY novice. So instead of using the LUT I can just go wild with Premiere's color correction?
2023-11-9
Use props
fans097a2016
lvl.3
United States

IS THERE ANY INFO, how to import a lut into the ronin 4d and have baked in color or look
2023-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules