FPV remote controller 2 versions?
1654 11 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hfmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100981 ft
United States

About to buy a RC2 for new AVATA, but three 3 different versions listed on Amazon.  Infrared, USB, and Radio Frequency.  Which is best?
thanks,

hal

2023-11-1
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Why they have those different labels is beyond me. There is only ONE version of the DJI Remote Controller 2. I would beware of buying from any of those Amazon shops unless it's listed as 'Shipped by Amazon'. Also, I noticed going to the 'DJI official shop' on Amazon, if you do a search it gives you the same results as a general search.

Honestly, your better off getting it directly from DJI or a reputable retailer (Best Buy, Rotor Riot, etc)
2023-11-1
Use props
Manuel Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2195282 ft
Uruguay

dnddad324 Posted at 11-1 14:54
Why they have those different labels is beyond me. There is only ONE version of the DJI Remote Controller 2. I would beware of buying from any of those Amazon shops unless it's listed as 'Shipped by Amazon'. Also, I noticed going to the 'DJI official shop' on Amazon, if you do a search it gives you the same results as a general search.

Honestly, your better off getting it directly from DJI or a reputable retailer (Best Buy, Rotor Riot, etc)

I think he says about the labels in the description, look in every conttroles the're is a label saying INFRARRED, USB, RADIO FRECUENCY
rc2.jpg
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, hfmann. Thank you for reaching out. There's only 1 version of FPV remote controller 2. Please purchase it directly from our Amazon website: (https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Remot ... CT3?ref_=ast_sto_dp). Hope this helps.
2023-11-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

they're all the same, it's just a tag error.  i would buy the renewed one for $10 less.  you have until the end of january to return it.
2023-11-1
Use props
hfmann
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all. This is helpful info.  After posting this question, I had a "chat" with DJI and they told me the USB, Infrared, and Radio Frequency were older teechnoligies. Apparently OS3 is the only current version.  I did use the DJI Store at Amazon to buy it.   

Thanka again,

hal
2023-11-2
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 17:00
Hi, hfmann. Thank you for reaching out. There's only 1 version of FPV remote controller 2. Please purchase it directly from our Amazon website: (https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Remote-Controller-Quadcopter-Control/dp/B095VR5CT3?ref_=ast_sto_dp). Hope this helps.

The link you posted is to an Amazon store called Camrise. Are they an official reseller? Personally, I would have never chosen to buy that one as it's sold by Camrise and shipped by Camrise.
2023-11-2
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

Manuel Perez Posted at 11-1 15:45
[view_image]

I think he says about the labels in the description, look in every conttroles the're is a label saying INFRARRED, USB, RADIO FRECUENCY

And as I replied to the OP....why they have those different labels is beyond me. There is is only ONE version of the DJI Remote Controller 2...as DJI has confirmed.
2023-11-2
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
United States

hfmann Posted at 11-2 04:40
Thanks all. This is helpful info.  After posting this question, I had a "chat" with DJI and they told me the USB, Infrared, and Radio Frequency were older teechnoligies. Apparently OS3 is the only current version.  I did use the DJI Store at Amazon to buy it.   

Thanka again,

Technically, it is a radio frequency. Also, it does have a USB connection....just not for flying. Unfortunately, as can be seen throughout the forums, chatting with DJI can be frustrating due to language barriers and poor translating software. But, as I and DJI said, there is only one version of the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.
2023-11-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 11-2 05:27
Technically, it is a radio frequency. Also, it does have a USB connection....just not for flying. Unfortunately, as can be seen throughout the forums, chatting with DJI can be frustrating due to language barriers and poor translating software. But, as I and DJI said, there is only one version of the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.

for sure.  chatting with dji always need to follow up with same questions to the forum.
2023-11-2
Use props
hfmann
lvl.2
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 11-2 05:27
Technically, it is a radio frequency. Also, it does have a USB connection....just not for flying. Unfortunately, as can be seen throughout the forums, chatting with DJI can be frustrating due to language barriers and poor translating software. But, as I and DJI said, there is only one version of the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.

thanks dnd
2023-11-2
Use props
hfmann
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-2 08:16
for sure.  chatting with dji always need to follow up with same questions to the forum.

thanks The Saint.

I can see that what you say is  true.   

Big thanks to this forum for quick and accurate advice,

....Sitting on my hands waiting for my Avata package to show up within the next 5 hours.  

cheers
2023-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules