External Mic Distortion/Sound Issue every 2nd clip
685 9 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moxey
lvl.1
Canada

I got a Pocket 3 yesterday and tried it with my Hollyland Lark M1 set and found it worked through USB adapter and 3.5 cord - just like my phone. Great!

However... I started to use it today and found that every second clip has a weird distortion/sound. [sample video]  Not just once, but over and over as I've tried it a bunch of times.

Everything else in the equation works together consistently (I do this all the time) and tried swapping in other pieces, but this consistently happens, but bafflingly every second time. Any ideas?

I'm super bummed. This was a large purchase/investment for me and to have such a weird quirk and have to work around it by turning it on or off and remembering to turn it on and off after every single clip or I'll have a spoiled clip as my next recorded one.
2023-11-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi.
Can't see a video link
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear the inconvenience. Would you please provide us the footage? We will help you to further check with our engineer team. Looking forward to your reply.
2023-11-2
Use props
Moxey
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 11-2 01:17
Hi there, thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear the inconvenience. Would you please provide us the footage? We will help you to further check with our engineer team. Looking forward to your reply.

Apologies, here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSsx4ZsqpcPdH1WWZG80YQ4vdhl8cq4K/view?usp=sharing
2023-11-2
Use props
Moxey
lvl.1
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-1 23:03
Hi.
Can't see a video link

Apologies https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSsx4ZsqpcPdH1WWZG80YQ4vdhl8cq4K/view?usp=sharing
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem with a mic on my ax700 camcorder whenever the DJI wireless mic was switched on. I have assumed it was something to do with the  Bluetooth/Wireless as the noise is gone when I switch the wireless mic off. I too am having problems with the DJI mic in the it only appears to record at levels below -20db which is really poor to the extent that I am considering sending my complete combo back to DJI as I am still within their 14-day purchase period.
2023-11-2
Use props
Moxey
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-2 04:08
Not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem with a mic on my ax700 camcorder whenever the DJI wireless mic was switched on. I have assumed it was something to do with the  Bluetooth/Wireless as the noise is gone when I switch the wireless mic off. I too am having problems with the DJI mic in the it only appears to record at levels below -20db which is really poor to the extent that I am considering sending my complete combo back to DJI as I am still within their 14-day purchase period.

The thing is, where its only every second recording, and literally back to back, it's baffling me.
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

Moxey Posted at 11-2 04:22
The thing is, where its only every second recording, and literally back to back, it's baffling me.

Is every 2nd recording OK when you use the Pocket 3 internal mics & the wireless DJI mic?
2023-11-2
Use props
Moxey
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-2 04:29
Is every 2nd recording OK when you use the Pocket 3 internal mics & the wireless DJI mic?

I dont have DJI mics, internal, yes
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Moxey Posted at 11-2 05:11
I dont have DJI mics, internal, yes

Hi Moxey, sorry for the late response. After double-confirming, since you are using with the third-party brand mic, we are recommend you could use with the wired microphones that have a USB-C connector and adopt 48K/16bit high-definition recording format to gain better performance. Thanks.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules