749 10 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is it that I cannot purchased the Mavic 3 PRO Cine by itself? This seems like extremely bad marketing. I already have the Mavic 3  cine with a pro controller and four batteries. Are you telling me that  the only way I can upgrade is to spend and extra $2100 on a controller 3  battereis, ND filter set, charger, and other misc assc. in order to get  the Mavic 3 PRO Cine,  Please, someone explain the logic here.

2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand your request. However, the DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine "drone only" is not available on our store website at the moment. You may send us an email at support@dji.com to check the availability of the said request. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-11-1
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have reached out several times and have heard nothing back from DJI after I was promised that I would. Was hoping to get someones attention here but of course you are just repeating what I have already been told. I am fully aware that DJI does not offer "Drone only" package but some cheaper package would be a better choice. Why offer only one package? Makes no sense and I don't understand, that is why I am asking. I would, however, appreciate is an honest answer from someone that can offer something other than a canned response.
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CreativeSky Posted at 11-1 18:28
I have reached out several times and have heard nothing back from DJI after I was promised that I would. Was hoping to get someones attention here but of course you are just repeating what I have already been told. I am fully aware that DJI does not offer "Drone only" package but some cheaper package would be a better choice. Why offer only one package? Makes no sense and I don't understand, that is why I am asking. I would, however, appreciate is an honest answer from someone that can offer something other than a canned response.

Hi, CreativeSky. DJI currently has no plan to release the DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine (Drone Only) combo. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for a cheaper package. You can subscribe to our Online Store for new arrivals and don’t miss store updates. If the combo is later released, we will launch it in our store at the first opportunity. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

try selling one without a remote or batteries. What you gain on the swings you’ll lose on the roundabouts. I once bought a mavic zoom to go with my mavic pro 2 drone only. But when it came to selling it there was no market for buying drones without a remote.
2023-11-2
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't care about resell. That is not what this is about nor do I think DJI had the reselling of our equipment in mind when they came up with this. It is still insane that we are expected to spend all this money on something that we already have in order to get the product that we want.
2023-11-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CreativeSky Posted at 11-2 10:38
I don't care about resell. That is not what this is about nor do I think DJI had the reselling of our equipment in mind when they came up with this. It is still insane that we are expected to spend all this money on something that we already have in order to get the product that we want.

My guess is people who buy the CINE are either very rich, or professionals who can claim it on tax so nobody seems to care too much??? If it is true then it makes more sense for DJI to rip off this group of people who care less than those who buy the bread and butter models.
2023-11-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can imagine there are a dozen different package configurations that DJI can pull together to sell, they have to decide which ones makes sense to them.  This is not their first rodeo and they know what works....and more importantly, what doesn't.  Since they are under no obligation to sell a package just because they can sell quantity 1, they have to determine if they can sell enough to make it worthwhile.  If they adjust their production to make a "single", it might require 5,000 drones to break even.  If sale predictions amount to 1,000 per year (based in part on Mavic 2, etc) they have a decision to make.  This is the case with every drone model.

For every 100 customer requests to buy a "single" maybe 2 customers actually buy one.  My guess is DJI has had enough of that and in the process of scaling back on the hundred different drone skus (and climbing) they already sell, the singles are getting cut and customers will need to rely on the aftermarket.  There are several retailers and merchants who can get "creative" and make this happen.  BH/Adorama have been known to sell custom packages, maybe you could ask them.  Ultimately the free market always works and if you are not sure how to make it work yourself, someone else can do it for you.  I can get you a new in the box Cine 3 Pro drone only for US$4499.  How many would you like?
2023-11-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

CreativeSky Posted at 11-2 10:38
I don't care about resell. That is not what this is about nor do I think DJI had the reselling of our equipment in mind when they came up with this. It is still insane that we are expected to spend all this money on something that we already have in order to get the product that we want.

I guess by now, based on the replies you got here, you can see why DJI gets away with trying to sell packages the way they do...

You are an intelligent guy. Just vote with your wallet...

2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 11-2 11:54
My guess is people who buy the CINE are either very rich, or professionals who can claim it on tax so nobody seems to care too much??? If it is true then it makes more sense for DJI to rip off this group of people who care less than those who buy the bread and butter models.

Well when people complain about having to pay for certain packages , but don’t care about value of the product it makes me very little sense.
2023-11-3
Use props
LucasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI wants us to spend more money instead on being able to just replace a drone.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules