USB-C connection to PC doesn't work
1976 13 2023-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
misoboy
New
Japan

Hello,
I'm trying to connect my pocket 3 to my windows 10 PC through a genuine USB-C cable, but the connection doesn't work properly.
I connect the cable and turn on my pocket 3, and select [File trancefar/OTG].
Then Pocket 3's storage is once connected to my PC, and immediately disconnected, automatically reconnected, and disconnected... this happens repeatedly every few seconds.
Sometimes successfully I can see the data on windows and can drag-and-drop the data files but every time the connection gets broken immediately and fail to trancefar.
This issue occurs with other USB-C cables and other USB ports.

Any advice to solve this? Thank you
2023-11-2
Use props
Talonn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess you're trying to transfer files to your PC, I misread your post. Sorry
2023-11-2
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I don't know what the issue is, but I can do this with my OP3 and Surface Pro 7 Win11 laptop. Is there another PC you can try with just to try a different variation? You might also try a different uSD card to eliminate another variable.
2023-11-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I had a similar problem with my Action 2.  I think it was a resource problem in the PC - the database of devices which had been connected was full.  I think.
2023-11-2
Use props
misoboy
New
Japan

Talonn Posted at 11-2 06:17
Guess you're trying to transfer files to your PC, I misread your post. Sorry

Yes you are right, I want to transfer movie files to my PC. Sorry for my no good writing
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure that you are using a USB communication data cable when connecting your DJI Pocket 3 to a computer. Also, please try to use a different computer to further isolate the issue. If the problem persists, please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-2
Use props
johnnmendoza
lvl.1

Philippines

Same problem here. Using the original cable, on a windows 11 pc. The otg opens and closes intermittently. Even the webcam now has issues.
Before this, I used to be able to use the webcam for up to 30minutes with no problem.
2023-11-15
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, not any problem with ma Pocket 3, tested on 3 different WIn11 computer with 3 "good cables". Try to change the usb port, to change the cable, to execute Windows update.
2023-11-16
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

I have the same problem, but with the iPad. Here is my thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3175796
2023-11-16
Use props
Tyler7777777777
lvl.1

United States

Recently just purchased the dji osmo pocket 3 and mine is doing the same exact thing.
2-21 20:27
Use props
Jurgiebaby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52106 ft

United Kingdom

My Osmo 3 does exactly the same so please DJI can we have an answer to this issue
2-27 00:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jurgiebaby Posted at 2-27 00:35
My Osmo 3 does exactly the same so please DJI can we have an answer to this issue

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the procedures below and see if it will help;
1. Check whether DJI Pocket 3 has been attached to a smartphone adapter. If so, please try plugging the smartphone adapter in a reverse direction or connecting DJI Pocket 3 to a computer without using a smartphone adapter.
2. When Pocket 3 recognizes the computer, a prompt will appear on the touchscreen asking “connect to computer?”. Please select “Accept”.
3. If you are using a DJI USB Splitter Charging Cable (Type-A to Type-C), please connect the cable with the data transfer logo on the connector, if the other one is connected, it only supports charging.

4. Restart Pocket 3 and replace the USB-C cable, the port of the computer, and the SD card to have a try.
5. If a Mac computer with an M1 chip is being used, it is recommended to use a microSD card reader to copy photos and videos. If possible, please use another computer.
If the issue persists please send back the device for inspection. We appreciate your patience.
2-27 01:48
Use props
djiuser_wEQVg0Os0oCN
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-2 21:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure that you are using a USB communication data cable when connecting your DJI Pocket 3 to a computer. Also, please try to use a different computer to further isolate the issue. If the problem persists, please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am having the same issue. Cannot connect Osmo 3 to Windows via a cable. The Osmo 2 on this same computer connected great each time.
2-28 12:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_wEQVg0Os0oCN Posted at 2-28 12:51
I am having the same issue. Cannot connect Osmo 3 to Windows via a cable. The Osmo 2 on this same computer connected great each time.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you confirm what specific Osmo are you referring to? Are you referring to Osmo Pocket 3, Osmo Action 3, or Osmo Mobile 3? Please keep us posted.
3-1 03:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules