1059 8 2023-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35738704 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I did the firmware update for the remote ID and the enforcement of those rules March 16th 2024. Why is it my drone is useless until new years 60 days from today and what's the difference from yesterday's rules compared to new years day? Rule begins March 16th not today. Dji sucks
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The FAA Remote ID rule requires most drones operating in US airspace to have remote ID capability. Remote ID will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties. In addition, this is not required until March 16, 2024, even though the firmware is currently available. On and after that date, all drone pilots required to register must operate their drone in accordance with the FAA Remote ID rule. This means that you may need to upgrade the RID-compliant firmware unless your drone is not required to be registered. For more information, you may visit this link https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So dji customer service told me the firmware update on my mavic 2 makes the drone not usable until the new firmware update set for 60 days from today, 12-31-2024. 75 days after that is March 16th, the day the remote id rule is to start. Please tell me why the drone i purchased to fly and take photos with is now a paperweight? Nothing will change between now and new years eve or anytime until March 16th. Your talking points of how great this new rule will be when it starts in March really doesn't explain why now, today, until new years a new firmware won't be released to let me use something i fuckn own? Don't like my language, it's a reaction to your action. I'd like to have a refund now for your unreasonable and possibly illegal action of making my property not usable for basically no reason. I have a mavic 3, broken but would appreciate your technicians to reassemble that compliant drone that isn't briked. I have the parts just would need it assembled or refund me the mavic 2.
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-2 17:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The FAA Remote ID rule requires most drones operating in US airspace to have remote ID capability. Remote ID will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties. In addition, this is not required until March 16, 2024, even though the firmware is currently available. On and after that date, all drone pilots required to register must operate their drone in accordance with the FAA Remote ID rule. This means that you may need to upgrade the RID-compliant firmware unless your drone is not required to be registered. For more information, you may visit this link https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . Thank you for your valued support.

Are you high? Your missing the point that I can't fly my drone until Jan 1 and the reason given was remote id implementation. I'm getting code 180. Please refund me my money, dji has no right to implement firmware today bricking the drone for 60 days which is still 75 days before the enforcement happens. Please explain who said to make your products not usable for 60 days and why? Where do i ship this gray paperweight to for my refund. Dji can't be trusted.
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-3 04:02
What firmware are you referring to?

Aircraft firmware 01.00.0796
2023-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are really rambling and not making a lot of sense because you aren’t giving specific details.

I’m guessing you installed the new Mavic 2 firmware that was released for a bit of time yesterday, but seems to have disappeared today and is not showing anywhere currently.

Have you downloaded the new Go 4 app that is required on the controlling device?

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
Also, why did you post this in the Spark section of the site instead of the Mavic 2 section?  You probably won't get much visibility in the Spark section.
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_VhZh2N7fmpg7 Posted at 11-3 01:10
Are you high? Your missing the point that I can't fly my drone until Jan 1 and the reason given was remote id implementation. I'm getting code 180. Please refund me my money, dji has no right to implement firmware today bricking the drone for 60 days which is still 75 days before the enforcement happens. Please explain who said to make your products not usable for 60 days and why? Where do i ship this gray paperweight to for my refund. Dji can't be trusted.

We totally understand your frustration and I will do my best to help you with this issue of yours. Could you please take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to this thread so we can check it further? We will wait for your response. Thank you.
2023-11-5
Use props
IW9HIM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3558671 ft
Italy

New firmware 01.00.0797 with RID function activated on Mavic 2, requires the DJI GO 4 to also be updated to version 4.3.60 to function, otherwise the drone will not take off. Something is moving, I don't want to abandon my Mavic 2.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

IW9HIM Posted at 11-25 03:32
New firmware 01.00.0797 with RID function activated on Mavic 2, requires the DJI GO 4 to also be updated to version 4.3.60 to function, otherwise the drone will not take off. Something is moving, I don't want to abandon my Mavic 2.

Hi there. I hope you're doing well. The Mavic 2 is an integrated product for aerial photography of its own time, and we assure you that it will still be welcomed even if any new product is released. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules