593 12 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Hi again,

I recently purchased a DJI Mini 3. When I first started flying it, I was in Florida near an airport but in the orange zone. I received the usual caution warnings but was able to fly it. I just returned home to Virginia a few days ago and went out today to do some flying. The remote will not connect to the drone.

I am near a small airport and it indicates that I reside in a blue zone.

Does that fact indicate that the RC and drone will not connect because of any airport proximity regulations?

I have tried re-pairing the RC and drone several times without success. The flashing lights and beeping sounds indicate that I appear to be performing the sequence correctly however, the screen still says RC not connected.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

2023-11-3
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Today, I went out to a friend's farm away from any airports. Attempted again to pair up the remote and the drone without success.

It was working last week perfectly fine.

Administrators, any suggestions?
2023-11-4
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Further investigation into this matter has led me to the conclusion that the rc and drone are still paired, however, it is the rc that is no longer communicating with the iphone 11 ProMax that I have.

I have tried other known working usb cable between the two to no avail, including rotating them 180 degrees in their slots.

"RC not connected" is the message on the screen of the DJI Fly app.

So, new question - how does one rectify this?
2023-11-4
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Arnie R Posted at 11-4 20:51
Further investigation into this matter has led me to the conclusion that the rc and drone are still paired, however, it is the rc that is no longer communicating with the iphone 11 ProMax that I have.

I have tried other known working usb cable between the two to no avail, including rotating them 180 degrees in their slots.

Make sure that the cables you are using are DATA cables. I've had some data cables go bad and get the error message like you mention. Charging cables don't work and since there's no easy way to tell them apart, people often have issues.
USB 2 speed cables aren't good enough - you need USB 3 or better capable data cables.
2023-11-4
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-4 21:06
Make sure that the cables you are using are DATA cables. I've had some data cables go bad and get the error message like you mention. Charging cables don't work and since there's no easy way to tell them apart, people often have issues.
USB 2 speed cables aren't good enough - you need USB 3 or better capable data cables.

Makes sense. What doesn't, though, is why the enclosed cable attached to the RC worked perfectly last week, however, it does not now.
2023-11-4
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Arnie R Posted at 11-4 21:10
Makes sense. What doesn't, though, is why the enclosed cable attached to the RC worked perfectly last week, however, it does not now.

They wear out. I've taken a magnifying glass to the connectors on some cables that were giving me trouble and was surprised to find that the electrical traces were almost worn to nothing - making the cables worthless.
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arnie R. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you using an RC-N1 or DJI RC with the Mini 3?
2023-11-5
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Hi Gamora,

I have the RC-N1.

The whole set up is less than two weeks old . Worked fine last week for the two days I was able to use it. However, I did initially have difficulty in getting the RC to connect to my iPhone and made several attempts without success. On the second day of trying, they finally connected and everything seemed fine.

Fast forward to this past Friday when I hooked everything up to fly and again, the Iphone and RC would not connect. I have tried everything I can find online and thru this site and nothing works.

Wondering if the cable from the RC is defective since I had problems in the beginning also.
2023-11-5
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-4 21:14
They wear out. I've taken a magnifying glass to the connectors on some cables that were giving me trouble and was surprised to find that the electrical traces were almost worn to nothing - making the cables worthless.

Your explanation is plausible.

I am wondering if the cable between the RC and the iPhone is defective.
2023-11-5
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Ordered two new OEM cables and tried them both out. Remote will still not communicate with my iPhone 11 ProMax.  

Gave up and am returning the entire thing for a replacement. Unit.  

2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arnie R Posted at 11-7 15:53
Ordered two new OEM cables and tried them both out. Remote will still not communicate with my iPhone 11 ProMax.  

Gave up and am returning the entire thing for a replacement. Unit.

HI, Arnie R. Sorry you had to replace your drone. But I hope you get the replacement soon. Please reach out to us if you need further assistance by selecting the "reply" option to get us notified. We appreciate your patience and your great support.
2023-11-11
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Received my replacement unit a few days ago. The remote and iPhone connect immediately without issue.

Have made several test flights indoors without issue, except for living in a local municipal airport's take-off and landing flight path, which is causing the system to be a little "buggy" in trying to actually be allowed to take off within my own house. Other than that all else appears to be operating properly. Keeping fingers crossed.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arnie R Posted at 11-12 17:15
Received my replacement unit a few days ago. The remote and iPhone connect immediately without issue.

Have made several test flights indoors without issue, except for living in a local municipal airport's take-off and landing flight path, which is causing the system to be a little "buggy" in trying to actually be allowed to take off within my own house. Other than that all else appears to be operating properly. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'm glad you already got your replacement drone. I hope you enjoy it without any interruption from any issues. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for any assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules