o(^-^)o
TheDon
Captain
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI AIR 3
"The dual camera beast"

The DJI Air 3 captured the breathtaking landscapes in Transylvania. Unveiling the hidden treasures of this mystical and enchanting natural wonders, armed with two powerful cameras ensured no detail went unnoticed.

The Air 3’s 70mm telephoto did an excellent job revealing the patterns and textures of the Mohos peat bog's surface. You’re basically drawn into a world of vibrant greens, browns, and earth tones. Every ripple and crevice in the peat was revealed with stunning clarity, giving the sense of walking on a different planet.

Mohos.jpeg

The 24mm wide camera offers a broader perspective, capturing the full grandeur of the landscape. It showcased the endless expanse of the peat bog, which stretched as far as the eye could see.

wide mohos.jpg

The technological marvel of the OccuSync 4.0 transmission system ensured a rock-solid video feed throughout the drone's flight. This feature meant that not a single moment was lost to connectivity issues, allowing for a seamless and uninterrupted recording of the awe-inspiring scenery.

As the DJI Air 3 ventured deeper into the forest, the 70mm telephoto camera honed in on a remarkable sight—a tree, once sturdy and proud, now broken in half, its wooden fibers exposed to the elements. The high-resolution capabilities of the telephoto camera revealed every fracture and splinter in the wood, offering a close-up view that exposed the tree's story of resilience and vulnerability.

Tree.jpg

What made this aerial exploration even more remarkable was the Air 3's fisheye sensors. These sensors, situated on all sides of the drone, provided comprehensive obstacle detection and avoidance capabilities. This feature ensured that the drone could navigate its way through the densely forested terrain, making it almost impossible to crash into the surrounding trees.

Air 3  - balvanyos.jpg

As the drone approached the Balvanyos Castle, the 70mm telephoto camera came into play, allowing for an up-close examination of the architectural remnants. The high-resolution lens zoomed in to reveal the intricate stonework, weathered textures, and historical artifacts that told the story of this medieval stronghold.

balvanyos fortress - Air 3 Tele .jpeg

Pro Tip: maintain a respectful distance from the ruins. Abandoned and high places like these could be home to predatory birds, diligently guarding their nests. Approaching too closely could disturb these majestic creatures and pose a threat to both the drone and the birds themselves.

"The Air 3 is perfectly equipped to capture both the details of the balloon and the stunning surroundings"

Air 3 Clip - wide - hotairballoon.jpg

The wide camera captured the breathtaking panorama that unfolded beneath the soaring balloon. It showcased the rolling landscapes, towns, and fields stretching out for miles, giving viewers a sense of the vastness of the world below. The juxtaposition of the colorful balloon against the natural beauty of the earth was nothing short of spectacular.

Compared to the Mini 3 Pro the DJI Air 3's powerful motors turned out to be crucial  in keeping up with the balloon, ensuring that it maintained a consistent and smooth flight path. The sport mode option offered the drone an extra burst of speed, allowing it to match the ascend speed of the hot air balloon, creating a dynamic and exhilarating aerial experience.
DJI_20231013083835_0071_D.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the video and the story behind the shots. I plan to update this forum post, so please don't hesitate to share your feedback and comments.

2023-11-6
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567031 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful video and photos
2023-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a magnificent compilation.    Great job on the video.  The Air 3 is a very capable drone.  
2023-11-6
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5099718 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have captured some spectacular views. Nice work.
2023-11-6
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

This video is seriously mind-blowing!
The scenery is absolutely stunning, and the views are like something out of a fairytale.
You rock bro!
2023-11-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very well shot and edited, great nature!
2023-11-6
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Codgerzh2 Posted at 11-6 04:41
Beautiful video and photos

Thank you very much!
2023-11-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Splendid production. And the images show amazing views.  Great work.
2023-11-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 05:17
What a magnificent compilation.    Great job on the video.  The Air 3 is a very capable drone.

Thank you very much! It's a little beast for sure! Technology has come a long way.
2023-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful work.   
2023-11-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-6 05:25
You have captured some spectacular views. Nice work.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the views I captured!
2023-11-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Wild FPV Posted at 11-6 05:34
This video is seriously mind-blowing!
The scenery is absolutely stunning, and the views are like something out of a fairytale.
You rock bro!

Hey Bro! Thank you so much for your kind words! Nature can truly be awe-inspiring, and it's always a pleasure to share those magical moments. Your support means a lot!
2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheDon Posted at 11-7 01:38
Thank you very much! It's a little beast for sure! Technology has come a long way.

You're very welcome.  Technology has definitely come a long way and will no doubt continue to improve even more.
2023-11-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Depp Posted at 11-6 06:12
Very well shot and edited, great nature!

Hey hey! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback on the video.
2023-11-7
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Some really nice stuff you've captured there TD.
2023-11-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Blériot53 Posted at 11-7 00:12
Splendid production. And the images show amazing views.  Great work.

Hey! Thanks!  It's always rewarding to receive such positive feedback.
2023-11-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheDon Posted at 11-8 00:36
Hey! Thanks!  It's always rewarding to receive such positive feedback.

You're welcome
2023-11-8
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Hey hey! Thank you for taking the time to watch and appreciate the video!
2023-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheDon Posted at 11-8 03:27
Hey hey! Thank you for taking the time to watch and appreciate the video!

You're very welcome.
2023-11-8
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

sky wombat Posted at 11-7 23:26
Some really nice stuff you've captured there TD.

Hey hey! Thanks! It's always a pleasure to capture and share moments that resonate with people.
2023-11-8
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft
Japan

That was so good and I love that photo on the walkway.
2023-11-8
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Clackers Posted at 11-8 23:54
That was so good and I love that photo on the walkway.

Hey! Thanks a bunch! That walkway photo is actually my favorite too.
2023-11-9
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

Great photos
2023-11-9
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Thanks!
2023-11-9
Use props
Thusal Jayasak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426562 ft
Sri Lanka

DJI Air 3 excels in capturing Transylvanian landscapes, ideal for enthusiasts. Thank you for sharing.
2023-11-10
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Thusal Jayasak Posted at 11-10 19:33
DJI Air 3 excels in capturing Transylvanian landscapes, ideal for enthusiasts. Thank you for sharing.

Hey! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment!
2023-11-11
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am mainly a photographer. When I got my first drone I discovered what an amazing photographic tool it is. Its widened my vision as well as my scope, allowing me to take previously impossible Timelapse's from new angles. Moving hyperlapses was unthinkable with my conventional camera gear, yet the drones do it from an altitude smoothly even when there's some wind gust. I would not expect my M3P to capture clips like these, following the balloons to such height. Maybe with more experience I might upgrade to the Air 3.
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, looks nice!
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now