iPhone 15 pro max issues
1873 9 2023-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p.halsall1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57037 ft
United Kingdom

Hello first post from me, I received my iPhone 15 at the end of last week. Got setup, last action was to try the new phone on my two DJI drones. Took out the connector I have never used before and connect the new phone to the controller, no connection on both controllers.

Is there something I need to do on the new iPhone to get a connection or is the phone not compatible with DJI controllers ?. Any help much appreciated.

I went back and tried my iPhone 11 Pro Max and that works fine, but I am trading that in !!.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, p.halsall1. Thank you for reaching out. In theory, it should work with the iPhone 15. Can you please provide the model of the drone and RC? Also, can you please send us a video showing the connection and error from the app?
2023-11-6
Use props
Drone_OSA
New

Canada

I have the same problem. Any solution came up? tks
2023-11-19
Use props
fans94574a79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57037 ft
United Kingdom

I found my lead was damaged, ordered a new original one and it worked straight away.
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans94574a79 Posted at 11-19 11:13
I found my lead was damaged, ordered a new original one and it worked straight away.

We're glad you found a fix on yours. You can reach out to us if you will need any assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drone_OSA Posted at 11-19 07:58
I have the same problem. Any solution came up? tks

Hi there. Are you still experiencing the issue? May we know what is the model of your RC? Thank you.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_abahOPrLKStx
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-13 02:38
Hi there. Are you still experiencing the issue? May we know what is the model of your RC? Thank you.

I have the same issue with iphone 15 pro max and two different drones. Different cables as well. Phone wont connect to the controller, but controller connects to drones.
Tried exact same setup with iphone 13, no issues. There is definitely a problem here with the the new usbc iphone 15s are using.
1-1 16:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_abahOPrLKStx Posted at 1-1 16:41
I have the same issue with iphone 15 pro max and two different drones. Different cables as well. Phone wont connect to the controller, but controller connects to drones.
Tried exact same setup with iphone 13, no issues. There is definitely a problem here with the the new usbc iphone 15s are using.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website to avoid a flight mission failure. You can also try using an adapter (female lightning to male USB-C) to successfully connect your iPhone 15 to your remote as some users can successfully connect it using an adapter. We appreciate your patience.
1-1 20:44
Use props
MiGeoPhoto3188
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287218 ft
United States

I FINALLY found a solution to this problem! If you use a USB-A to USB-C it works just fine. I didn't even realize there was a USB-A input on the bottom of the controller since I've always used the Micro USB port on the side to connect my phone. Hope this helps! I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max btw
1-5 09:09
Use props
Randy Foster
New

United States

I’m going to have to try that. Just got an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Tried using it today. I have an Air 2S the controller will not work with the camera.
3-11 18:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules