DJI Rc Plus - where to find Expo curves?
1071 18 2023-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone, i recently bought the DJI Rc Plus for my M300.
I cannot find where to set the Expo curves for the joysticks. Nothing in the aircraft tab, neither on the controller tab. In the other drones is easy to find under the aircraft settings.
Anyone knows where to find this settings? the default is too much sensitive for me.
2023-11-7
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

I have also looked and can't find the option. It is way more twitchy on this controller than the factory one that's for sure.
The rubber boots don't restrict the movement as much on this controller which I think is part of the issue.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. DJI Matrice 300 does not support adjust EXPO settings on DJI RC Plus.
2023-11-16
Use props
Shin_T_PILOT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337411 ft
Japan

I feel the same way. RC Plus's response is quick. I want to adjust it a little more slowly.
2023-11-17
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-16 05:45
Hello, there. DJI Matrice 300 does not support adjust EXPO settings on DJI RC Plus.

I notice this is an issue while flying my M30. When flying such a large drone, the inertia from its weight means there is more overshoot made worse by fast responses to even small stick movements.
Why can't this be adjusted? I would feel that, especially when doing inspections in sensitive areas, that precision flying would be more important than flying my Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro for example.

Can DJI please consider a firmware update that allows adjusting the sensitivity of control inputs? Anything that can help improve the safety, resolution and repeatability of flying these large drones would be greatly appreciated.
2023-11-19
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-19 15:19
I notice this is an issue while flying my M30. When flying such a large drone, the inertia from its weight means there is more overshoot made worse by fast responses to even small stick movements.
Why can't this be adjusted? I would feel that, especially when doing inspections in sensitive areas, that precision flying would be more important than flying my Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro for example.

I completely agree.
I use to switch to tripod while inspections or to make small adjust movements in complex environment, but for sure, expo could come in handy....
I don't think it's a difficult thing to add....
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Starting from firmware version v7.1 (drone: v07.01.00.26, remote controller: v02.02.04.05), Matrice 30 Series supports Gain & Expo Tuning. May we know if your M30 does not support it?
2023-11-21
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-21 00:43
Hello, there. Starting from firmware version v7.1 (drone: v07.01.00.26, remote controller: v02.02.04.05), Matrice 30 Series supports Gain & Expo Tuning. May we know if your M30 does not support it?

Thank you for pointing that out. I had adjusted the roll as low as possible and it's still too fast. I'll adjust the Expo to a lower setting and see if that gives me the control I'm looking for.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hoarfrost Posted at 11-21 07:05
Thank you for pointing that out. I had adjusted the roll as low as possible and it's still too fast. I'll adjust the Expo to a lower setting and see if that gives me the control I'm looking for.

Got it. Please tell us your feedback.
2023-11-22
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi DJI, i'd like to invite your tecnicians to implement this function asap.
Yesterday i've done a mission with very low temperatures, -2°C for 3 hours, even with gloves (without fingers) my hands were freezing, this causes a very low sensitivity of what my fingers was doing. With this set up, with the stick so sensitive was almost impossible to fly safely while approaching for landing. Millimetrical move of the stick is a big (and fast) movement of the M300.

Thank you.
2023-11-24
Use props
cessna1525
lvl.2

Australia

facing the same issue, movements are too abrupt in new DJI M350, not ideal when carrying a sensitive payload, also I don't why it cant do adaptive bank turns in auto mode, without stopping at every waypoint.
2023-11-30
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-22 03:51
Got it. Please tell us your feedback.

I lowered the expo sensitivity and was able to better control the drone, especially when landing in windy conditions.
It would be great if there were separate settings for each mode or a way to map a preset expo setting to a button for turning on/off more precise control at will when doing inspections in close quarters or dangerous/windy locations.
2023-12-19
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2627959 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can adjust the speed the gimbal pans in settings btw
2023-12-19
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

AmazingUser22 Posted at 12-19 11:11
You can adjust the speed the gimbal pans in settings btw

That wasn't my issue. My issue was controlling the speed of the drone rolling right and left. The OOTB settings are way too fast for precise control in wind or close quarters.
The addition of the Expo settings for the Matrice 30 drones was a welcome firmware update.
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hoarfrost Posted at 12-19 10:56
I lowered the expo sensitivity and was able to better control the drone, especially when landing in windy conditions.
It would be great if there were separate settings for each mode or a way to map a preset expo setting to a button for turning on/off more precise control at will when doing inspections in close quarters or dangerous/windy locations.

Thank you for your reply. Currently, there are no separate settings for EXPO. We will forward your request to our engineers teams.
2023-12-20
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-12-20 03:38
Thank you for your reply. Currently, there are no separate settings for EXPO. We will forward your request to our engineers teams.

I don't know when things changed, but I just checked again and now I see that I can make separate gain and expo adjustments for each flight mode - Normal, Sport and Tripod in the Gain and Expo Tuning section.

These options only show up when the drone is connected.
1-30 20:45
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Any word on these EXPO and GAIN adjustments coming to the M300?

Have broken a few gimbal dampers because they tear due to the impossible nature of coming to a smooth stop...  Even when flying slow and you back off the pressure the drone does an abrupt hard stop, no only bad for the payload and gimbal dampers but also makes the operator look like they dont know how to fly a drone and just a stick banger....
2-8 04:35
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

TimmyBaker Posted at 2-8 04:35
Any word on these EXPO and GAIN adjustments coming to the M300?

Have broken a few gimbal dampers because they tear due to the impossible nature of coming to a smooth stop...  Even when flying slow and you back off the pressure the drone does an abrupt hard stop, no only bad for the payload and gimbal dampers but also makes the operator look like they dont know how to fly a drone and just a stick banger....

I have this hard brake issue when I release the stick suddenly. Otherwise manual flight is very smooth.

Putting EXPO will not change the problem. It is this fast auto break feature which is annoying.
2-8 04:44
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-8 04:44
I have this hard brake issue when I release the stick suddenly. Otherwise manual flight is very smooth.

Putting EXPO will not change the problem. It is this fast auto break feature which is annoying.

No doubt its a very frustrating to have the annoying hard braking...

I have been able to feather it smoothly, but it does not take giant throws of the sticks to get it to act up either, even worse on windy days and confined operating areas...

Also dispise how with every firmware upgrade you have to enable multi modes as well as turn off coordinated turns.... Those turns make me sad hahahaha

But as for EXPOS, they use to work wonderfully when I flew RC helicopters to "soften" the center point and makes it smoother around the stick movements for the sticks center point.... Then you could of course program a few profiles change it as you needed for your intended type of RC flying...

However I agree GAINS wont do anything to help with this problem or anything on the drone for that matter....  
2-8 05:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules