Need help: Uneven gimbal panning issue
946 16 2023-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Attatched sample video links.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1snsFtPmi3B98AwhILeHZrjfcTyXPiYEE/view?usp=drive_link
Anyone else have problem with uneven gimbal panning speed?

In this sample, when I turn left around the pillar in even pace, gimbal panning left in uneven pace.
It's like gimbal is falling behine the motion, catching up, again falling behine and catching up.

Camera is in follow mode and gimbal speed set to default.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usfTkYWluFfHk25oJIp0b9aMqsFUZsoU/view?usp=drive_link
However when I turn right, gimbal panning seems quit even and smooth.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AsTnnZcdEb3Ddpmgwuc4r2SJXCmgx26Q/view?usp=drive_link
Like the beggining of this clip, left rotation makes very jittery movement.

DJI moderators, is this something to be fixed with firmware update?

2023-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I tryed holding pocket 1 same time with pocket 3.
Pocket 1 gives smooth and even panning while pocket 3 result in uneven panning speed.
2023-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Sample video link is now accessible.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 20:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Paladin for your reply.
Other than this issue, Pocket 3 is very exciting camera.
2023-11-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it matter which mode you're using? I thought someone mentioned that it seems to occur more frequent in Low Light mode
2023-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Wiz33 Posted at 11-7 20:37
Does it matter which mode you're using? I thought someone mentioned that it seems to occur more frequent in Low Light mode

I just tested and it occurs in both video mode and low light mode.
Both occurs frequently.

2023-11-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 11-7 21:17
I just tested and it occurs in both video mode and low light mode.
Both occurs frequently.

I can't check mine as it's in Asia with a friend, I'll ask him to check and see.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tide Posted at 11-7 20:35

Hello, there. Could you please tell us the exact time when the issue occurred and export the camera log for us to analyze the issue?
May we know if you used the camera thereafter?
Because the storage time of the camera logs is limited, please reproduce the issue and export the camera logs for us, tell us the date and time.
How to export camera logs:
1. To export the logs, follow these steps: Swipe down from the top of the screen, select "Settings," then choose "Device Info," and finally tap on "Export Log".

2. When the device is connected to a computer, open "My Computer" and access the microSD card drive (with the corresponding drive letter). From there, navigate to the "logs" folder to locate the log files.
Thank you in advance.
2023-11-8
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-8 01:11
Hello, there. Could you please tell us the exact time when the issue occurred and export the camera log for us to analyze the issue?
May we know if you used the camera thereafter?
Because the storage time of the camera logs is limited, please reproduce the issue and export the camera logs for us, tell us the date and time.

I send you the log file by DM.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tide Posted at 11-8 01:59
I send you the log file by DM.

Thank you. We will forward it to them.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tide Posted at 11-7 20:35

You are most welcome. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 22:50
You are most welcome. Thank you for your patience.

Just check all the files my friend shot with the P3 on his cloud storage and I don't see any problem on panning right and left. I think you should return yours for a replacement (you seems to have the worst luck with DJI pockets )
2023-11-10
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Wiz33 Posted at 11-10 11:00
Just check all the files my friend shot with the P3 on his cloud storage and I don't see any problem on panning right and left. I think you should return yours for a replacement (you seems to have the worst luck with DJI pockets )

Oh no... not again...
Thank you for checking it out.
2023-11-11
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Wiz33 Posted at 11-10 11:00
Just check all the files my friend shot with the P3 on his cloud storage and I don't see any problem on panning right and left. I think you should return yours for a replacement (you seems to have the worst luck with DJI pockets )

After firmware update,
Happy to confirm that gimbal panning unevenness is solve for me with this update.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=drive_link
Made some testing sample video.
2023-11-14
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 11-14 01:06
After firmware update,
Happy to confirm that gimbal panning unevenness is solve for me with this update.

That's great. I guess it's a minor glitch that's more obvious under certain circumstances.
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tide Posted at 11-14 01:06
After firmware update,

Hi, Tide. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue after doing the firmware update. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules