Does the ram of your device affect the performance?
752 8 2015-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

Okay, so I am looking for a new tablet for my drone and a bunch of other things, but one thing I was wondering is how much does ram affect the performance? Earlier I was flying with my father and we used his phone because he wanted to use it for something where I couldnt be there, so I was teaching him how to use it, but we noticed on his phone (Once mine) an old s4 (two gb ram) that the camera was much more laggy and just over all bad experience, but when we switched to my phone, the note 4 (3 gb ram), it was much smoother and just overall better. I was looking at getting the nvidia sheild tablet but then noticed it also only has 2gb of ram, so would it perform the same? or is that a different spec that is affecting the performance?
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

yes the ram does effect over all performance. if u want the least amount of troubles and a better experience i suggest ios air2. i know there will be alot of androiders that will disagree. it is my opinion, thats all.
2015-9-6
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-6 21:56
yes the ram does effect over all performance. if u want the least amount of troubles and a better ex ...

Okay, Going to have to decline the apple recommendation, A, It has 2gb ram so the same amount, B, it is like, ridiculously more expensive, C, I do currently only use android after past terrible experiences with apple, and I would end up barely using the tablet, and D, I do love the gaming ability of the shield tab.
2015-9-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-6 21:56
yes the ram does effect over all performance. if u want the least amount of troubles and a better ex ...

Ray!!!! Quit trying to force feed people Apples!!! Don't mind him. He has an Apple orchard up north some where! Lol.
2015-9-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

ddogle. I use an old g tab 3 8.4, g tab 4 10.1 and a note 4 also. I have no lag on any item. Just remember to turn off autocache in the app. It is a memory eater!!!
2015-9-6
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-9-6 22:47
Ray!!!! Quit trying to force feed people Apples!!! Don't mind him. He has an Apple orchard up nort ...

Yeah, you can see the post I already did for that
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-7 11:53
Yeah, you can see the post I already did for that

oohh you sure did.
2015-9-6
Use props
Bobabc
lvl.1

United States

I have to agree with Ray.  I tried several different androids and there's was always problems.  I hate apple, but I finally had to give in. The iPad air 2 has almost no lag. Even the iPad mini had a little delay. The iPad air 2 is flawless and its made flying ten times better.
2015-9-6
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

If you want power Samsung TAB S  or raykonis suggestion APPLE AIR 2. tabs s takes a little more tweaking but once set up theres nothing in it, yes both will drain the pocket, quality uav deserves quality device
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules