Wireless Microphone Gain Adjustment During Recording
2575 8 2023-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

I wanted it in the Pocket 2, I expected it in the Pocket 3.

Why don't you configure the firmware so that the gain of the wireless microphones can be adjusted during recording?.

Is it something you have in mind or is it better to buy another camera that does give me a gain adjustment during recording?.

Greetings.

2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket 3 supports adjusting the gain when using the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. After connecting with Osmo Pocket 3, enter the Pro Mode, and tap the microphone icon to find and adjust the Gain value. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'd add that if recording direct onto the wireless mic, choose the 32-bit float option, and then gain doesn't matter.  You have a huge dynamic range which can be adjusted in your video editor, taking into account the loudness and the quietness of the recorded audio with the benefit of hindsight.
2023-11-7
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 19:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket 3 supports adjusting the gain when using the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. After connecting with Osmo Pocket 3, enter the Pro Mode, and tap the microphone icon to find and adjust the Gain value. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks for the guide, but that's not what I was referring to (something I already knew).

I mean adjusting the gain during recording, not when recording is stopped.
2023-11-8
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-7 21:24
I'd add that if recording direct onto the wireless mic, choose the 32-bit float option, and then gain doesn't matter.  You have a huge dynamic range which can be adjusted in your video editor, taking into account the loudness and the quietness of the recorded audio with the benefit of hindsight.

Yes, having 32 floating bits is a relief, but that doesn't work for me because that only works if I use the camera's own wireless microphones.

I dedicate myself to recording rock music concerts. I try to use the camera professionally. I already did it so far with the Pocket 2 and now with the Pocket 3.

Cameras half the price of this one have a gain adjustment during recording. I don't think I'm asking for anything out of this world if we compare the high price I've paid for a camera that only needs to have an optical zoom to be called professional.

The bad thing about this camera is that it is worth much more than other cameras that do have the real seal of professionals because they can adjust many basic settings enough to put a PRO section on them.

It seems ridiculous to me that they sell us something as a pro and that during recording you can only regulate the exposure. I think it's a good idea to have set that option during recording, but I'm missing more things, such as gain during recording. Or even be able to have more control of the wireless microphone during recording, with settings such as activating or deactivating the internal recording on the SD of the wireless microphone.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EnTuMente Posted at 11-8 02:19
Thanks for the guide, but that's not what I was referring to (something I already knew).

I mean adjusting the gain during recording, not when recording is stopped.

Thank you for the clarification. This is the only way we can adjust the gain. Regarding your request, we will take this as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-11-9
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 22:55
Thank you for the clarification. This is the only way we can adjust the gain. Regarding your request, we will take this as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your valued support.

I want you to understand something (you or anyone who reads this message and doesn't know what I'm going to say).

The DJI Mic 2 microphones, as well as the Mic 1 or the vast majority of wireless microphones of the same style and that have an input for a lavalier microphone, are capable of being line transmitters.

Or put another way, that input for a lavalier microphone can be used to insert a mini jack with sound that comes out, for example, from a telephone or a sound table.

This way, I can record a concert using the sound of the table wirelessly. Just using the DJI Mic 2.

Or even, I can have two DJI Mic 2. One to record my voice and another connected to a phone (regulating the volume) that sends me audio and mixes with my voice.

This way, later, I don't have to edit my video to add music audio to it.

For that reason, it is very important for me to be able to control the gain during recording because, first... I cannot use the 32-bit floating mode, and second, the sound technician may be giving me too much signal on the line that Connects to DJI Mic 2.

During a concert that I record entirely without cuts, I cannot leave my camera to notify the sound technician to lower the volume of the line that is sent to the DJI Mic 2.

I know that most users use their Pocket 3 to do blogging nonsense. But I use it for something more professional (CREATOR). And it makes me sad to see that the pack I bought has very little in terms of creator because, "during recording", I can't regulate almost anything (except the exposure).

I know that neither you nor anyone here knows that this can be done with the DJI Mic 2, but it can be done and they can be used to be audio transmitters instead of being used as a microphone.

This opens a wide range to producers who want, for example, to talk while walking showing nature, but, at the same time and thanks to a second DJI Mic 2 connected to their phone (for example), be able to create a video with their voice and background music without the need for further production.

You give Pocket 3 gifts to people who only cut and copy what you put in their characteristics. Not to people who are really looking for bugs, tricks or how to improve the camera.

Now, even someone reading this will try it and review the camera saying it can do what I just said.

This is what their testers are like. Copying what others discover to make believe that they discovered it.

2023-11-10
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Can you not use a cheap mixing desk and adjust gain from audio through that?  Something like the little Flow 8 between your source and the Mic input?  That's if I get what you are trying to achieve of course.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

EnTuMente Posted at 11-10 10:02
I want you to understand something (you or anyone who reads this message and doesn't know what I'm going to say).

The DJI Mic 2 microphones, as well as the Mic 1 or the vast majority of wireless microphones of the same style and that have an input for a lavalier microphone, are capable of being line transmitters.

Thank you for your response and we totally understand your request. Rest assured that we will take note of this feedback of yours. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules