Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have 2 questions:

- is the Mic2 a mono mic or can it record stereo?

- the audio - to -video synch mode
  in the manual, it states, that there will be a 24-bit mono track been saved
even when I set the mic to -32-bit-float-  ?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 08.55.03.png
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, UweE. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm these with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, UweE. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's the update from our relevant team:

1. Yes, the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter can record Stereo and Mono.
2. Yes, but kindly note that 32-bit is only available for DJI Mic 2 on-board recording.

Hope this helps.
2023-11-10
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-10 03:55
Hi, UweE. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's the update from our relevant team:

Thx DJI Gamora!

Regarding Point1:
is Stereo only possible when using TWO Mics?
I cannot change the setting from Mono to Stereo only for one mic.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

UweE Posted at 11-10 04:02
Thx DJI Gamora!

Regarding Point1:

yes, when connecting only one mic2, only mono.

when connecting to TWO mic2 , audio comes in with left and right channel separately in stereo:

2023-11-10
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Okay, so my advise:

when you need stereo sound and it is not too windy, use the internal mics.
The sound is not that bad (the humming sound at the end is a very loud machine in the background)

2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

UweE Posted at 11-10 04:02
Thx DJI Gamora!

Regarding Point1:

Hello, there. Sorry for the late notice. Please note that at present, the DJI Mic 2 transmitters are not available for individual purchase. When you buy the Osmo Pocket 3 Creator combo, only one Mic 2 transmitter is provided. As a result, stereo recording mode is not supported. I hope this information helps.
2023-11-22
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-11-10 03:55

And how do we actually change the setting of the transmitter from 24bit to 32bit float?
1-22 07:37
Use props
grempe
lvl.1

United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 07:37
And how do we actually change the setting of the transmitter from 24bit to 32bit float?

Settings > Wireless Mic > 32-bit Float Recording [ON]
1-22 12:38
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

grempe Posted at 1-22 12:38
Settings > Wireless Mic > 32-bit Float Recording [ON]

I think you are missing the point. If you have the transmitter only, you cannot change any settings at all.
1-22 13:52
Use props
grempe
lvl.1

United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 13:52
I think you are missing the point. If you have the transmitter only, you cannot change any settings at all.

Not sure I "missed the point". You never stated you might have ONLY a transmitter (no Mic 2 RX, no OP3).

If you are somehow in possession of only the transmitter, and nothing else, then I suppose you are right.

But if you have the TX and OP3 (the context of this post) or Mic 2 RX then my suggestion applies.
1-23 14:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 13:52
I think you are missing the point. If you have the transmitter only, you cannot change any settings at all.

Hi, there. Thank you for the follow-up query. To access the setting via the DJI Pocket 3 Screen, from the main screen swipe down from up, select settings, select wireless mic, scroll down, and enable 32-bit float. I hope this information helps.
1-25 03:38
Use props
Gulnara Yusibova
New

Estonia

How to preventTX 1 recording TX 2 also in stereo mode? I wanna do podcast with 2 person. and when 1 person speaks to TX 1, and  second person also talks to TX 2, TX 1 records second person`s voice, too. and that sounds quiter but still it records and it heard. You have mentioned that it records on separate channels, but it is not true. Model is Dji MIC 2
4-7 09:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules