Air 2S Abruptly Disconnected and Never Returned During Flight
373 7 2023-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2429659 ft
United States

Hello pilots, I was flying my DJI Air 2S over a wide river today, and managed to take a few good shots, before it suddenly disconnected after 7-8 mins or so - And never returned. My RTH feature didn't seem to have worked; after waiting for 20 mins, I accepted the fact that my drone is gone forever.
I've never seen anything like that before - There are no high buildings around, it disappeared over a wide, half-frozen open river. There are woods bertween me and the drone, but they are not very high, and the landing area is also wide open with no obstacles visible. No power cables or anything like that. And, what's worse,  it disconnected without even leaving a flight log in the DJI App. Last time I crashed my drone, it at least left a flight log for analysis. I don't understand what happened. Does anyone have any idea? Many thanks

2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. If your unit is within the warranty period, you may contact our team at  https://www.dji.com/support to submit a flyaway case. We will help you to identify the main cause of the incident. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you certain it left no log?
Where, precisely, did you look?
The storage location changed a while back and, looking via a windows computer, the new location in an Android phone is Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord , I'd guess that the location is similar in an iPhone.
If you are using a smart controller of some sort you will need to google the new location.
2023-11-8
Use props
Eric L
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 17:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. If your unit is within the warranty period, you may contact our team at  https://www.dji.com/support to submit a flyaway case. We will help you to identify the main cause of the incident. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks, I remember I purchased this unit via amazon about 2 years ago with DJI Care - And it crashed once back then, that's when I used the DJI Care Refresh to purchase another unit (Around $600? I don't remember the exact number). Should I to contact for support, how do I check if I am still eligible for it now? Do I need the serial number on it? Because it never returned, I don't have access to the serials# anymore.
2023-11-9
Use props
Eric L
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-8 19:37
Are you certain it left no log?
Where, precisely, did you look?
The storage location changed a while back and, looking via a windows computer, the new location in an Android phone is Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord , I'd guess that the location is similar in an iPhone.

I was using iPhone with RC, and I was looking inside DJI Fly app-> Profile->More->Flight Data Center

Oh...interesting, now I opened the app again after almost a day, the log now appears there. I waited for 20 mins right after the incident back then, but there were no logs. Now it shows up, I guess app takes time or needs restart for recent log to show up?... That doesn't make much sense neither because the first flight that morning showed up right away, it was the second flight where it lost control and disappeared.

I can see it was flying well all the way until last moment, where it was at height of 100m, distance 1008m, speed 0.1m/s, battery at 53%, signal at 4/5, 29 satellite links, and warned "RC not connected to mobile device" all of sudden before it disappeared.
2023-11-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eric L Posted at 11-9 12:03
I was using iPhone with RC, and I was looking inside DJI Fly app-> Profile->More->Flight Data Center

Oh...interesting, now I opened the app again after almost a day, the log now appears there. I waited for 20 mins right after the incident back then, but there were no logs. Now it shows up, I guess app takes time or needs restart for recent log to show up?... That doesn't make much sense neither because the first flight that morning showed up right away, it was the second flight where it lost control and disappeared.

Hi,

If you like post your flightlog for your issue

use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Log might tell what happend.

cheers
JJB
2023-11-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric L Posted at 11-9 12:03

"RC not connected to mobile device"  means the phone is not connected to the controller.
The log, as suggested by JJB*, may be useful.
If it was a controller to phone connection problem then you still had control of the drone, without input from the controller it would have just hovered until the low battery RTH kicked in.

2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Eric L Posted at 11-9 11:57
Thanks, I remember I purchased this unit via amazon about 2 years ago with DJI Care - And it crashed once back then, that's when I used the DJI Care Refresh to purchase another unit (Around $600? I don't remember the exact number). Should I to contact for support, how do I check if I am still eligible for it now? Do I need the serial number on it? Because it never returned, I don't have access to the serials# anymore.

Thank you for your response. Yes, you may need to have the serial number to check the warranty status if your unit. To check the warranty and activation information, you may access this link https://service.dji.com/device/search?re=us&lang=en . Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules