Webcam disconnecting
1256 25 2023-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans07faac6b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139521 ft
Austria

I am using the Pocket 3 as a webcam on an M1 Mac with the newest MacOS and it works fine when connecting the cables, but after a few minutes, the image randomly disappears from the Mac but on the Pocket 3 it still says Webcam (30fps).
If I then reconnect the cable, it will work again for a while.
Usually I use the webcam for 30 minutes at a time and I can never get through it without it disconnecting once.

2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. For this issue, we will forward to our engineer team to check on it. We will keep you updates.
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, in order to better to indentify the issue, we would like to know more details about the working condition. For example, is the pocket directly connected to the mac or with Battery Handle or the 1/4″ Thread Handle?

At the same time, we would like to know the time when the issue happened. And if it is convenient, please also provide us the device logs for further checking, thanks.
2023-11-9
Use props
Kevin94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139521 ft
Austria

I have it connected through the regular 1/4" handle. The log files are pretty big (1gb) but the issue occurred between 9:40am and 10:30am CET. I uploaded the log files to my Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXksswTa6HBWmopn86C5G9TMRoEC5_dz/view?usp=sharing
2023-11-9
Use props
Akira Wing
lvl.1

United States

I am seeing the exact same issue with my M1 Mac and Pocket 3 as a webcam as well. Using the battery handle and regular handle.
2023-12-2
Use props
Poney Airways
New

France

I have the exact same issue.

Pocket 3
Macbook Pro M1 Max 14"
Pocket 3 connected directly to the Mac USB-C port
Software: ZOOM
Time before interruption: Around 20 min
Cable used: the one in the box
1-4 01:40
Use props
egorr
New

Armenia

same issue., but affects both webcam and file transfer modes

Pocket 3
Macbook Air M1
Pocket 3 connected directly to the Mac USB-C port
Time before interruption: Around 20 min or less
Cable used: the one in the box
Connection: direct to osmo, battery handle, simple handle, all cases the same
1-16 01:49
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

I have this webcam problem as well. I've also had the camera disconnect from USB while transferring files as well, so it seems to be an issue with the USB connection to the Pocket 3 in general.
1-24 04:40
Use props
djiuser_rnbXFi8OsNqQ
lvl.1

Mexico

Same here! I even tried different cables!
1-30 06:56
Use props
Heimdallby
New

Germany

A client of mine also has this problem on a M1 Macbook Pro.

Is there a fix for that soon?
2-2 00:01
Use props
kwm
lvl.1

South Korea

Same problem here...

M1 MAX Macbook Pro
Osmo Pocket 3
Usb-c to Mac directly

Only 30min is the best recording time...
Please Fix this problem

Osmo P3 is not a webcam to the Mac users now...
2-8 02:15
Use props
kwm
lvl.1

South Korea

Same problem here...

M1 MAX Macbook Pro
Osmo Pocket 3
Usb-c to Mac directly

Only 30min is the best recording time...
Please Fix this problem

Osmo P3 is not a webcam to the Mac users now...
2-8 02:16
Use props
kwm
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 2023-11-9 03:40
Hi there, in order to better to indentify the issue, we would like to know more details about the working condition. For example, is the pocket directly connected to the mac or with Battery Handle or the 1/4″ Thread Handle?

At the same time, we would like to know the time when the issue happened. And if it is convenient, please also provide us the device logs for further checking, thanks.

is there any update for this issue?
as you can see, so many people got same problem here
2-8 02:20
Use props
kwm
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 2023-11-9 03:40

2-8 02:20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

kwm Posted at 2-8 02:20

Hi kwm, sorry for the late response. We will forward to our engineer team to further check on this issue. Once we get the results, we will keep you update soon.
2-8 17:18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

kwm Posted at 2-8 02:20

Hi kwm, after checking with our engineer team, the issue should be caused by the compatibility of our products with computers or with third-party software that requires the use of cameras.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will also forward to our relevant team for evaluation to enhance our products in the future. Currently, it is suggested you could try to change the software or computer to use it with. Thank you for your understanding.
2-10 19:14
Use props
fans2626795e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1710968 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2-10 19:14
Hi kwm, after checking with our engineer team, the issue should be caused by the compatibility of our products with computers or with third-party software that requires the use of cameras.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will also forward to our relevant team for evaluation to enhance our products in the future. Currently, it is suggested you could try to change the software or computer to use it with. Thank you for your understanding.

That is really not a great option. It effectively means that the OP3 is useless as a web cam. Great pity, as it had become a core use for me, but I cant tolerate the recurrent disconnections. DJI need to resolve this as a priority
2-19 14:38
Use props
djiuser_ax1QE1iOxEg8
New

Mexico

When I use the USB-C cord directly from the OP3 to my M1 Mac, it gets disconnected in about 20 minutes. BUT, when I use a third-party USB-A to C cord, connected through a 7-in-1 USB hub in my M1 Mac, I HAVE NO ISSUES AT ALL! I don't understand why, but you can try this workaround and let me know if that works for you. (The cord is a 65W Super VOOC Fast Charge USB-A to C from Oppo)
2-19 19:28
Use props
djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM
New
Slovakia

DJI Thor Posted at 2-10 19:14

I am disappointed that this problem is not solved. Cant using Osmo Pocket 3 as webcam on my Macbook Pro M1
3-27 02:09
Use props
djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM
New
Slovakia

fans2626795e Posted at 2-19 14:38
That is really not a great option. It effectively means that the OP3 is useless as a web cam. Great pity, as it had become a core use for me, but I cant tolerate the recurrent disconnections. DJI need to resolve this as a priority

Try to not flip the camera on your self. Instead use front camera and just use joystick to move and point the camera on yourself. For me, this was a solution.And dont use extended battery.
3-27 05:00
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM Posted at 3-27 02:09
I am disappointed that this problem is not solved. Cant using Osmo Pocket 3 as webcam on my Macbook Pro M1

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our engineers department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-27 23:10
Use props
djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM
New
Slovakia

DJI Thor Posted at 3-27 23:10
Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our engineers department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

I solved the "freezing" problem. Camera (as webcam) freezing after a while, if you flip the camera to the "self recording" (selfie flip)  mode. The camera try to mirroring the screen and this was causing the freezing problem. Now i dont flip the screen (just use 5D joystick to point on me) and the camera work without any problems. DJI technicians need to solve the problem with the "selfie flip" freezing problem in webcam mode. I am on Macbook Pro M1. Sorry for my English
3-28 06:04
Use props
KIRILLNE
lvl.2
Russia

tell me if the 60 fps mode worked for you, when it’s turned on on the camera it’s still not displayed in OBS on Windows, the limit says 30 (usb port 3.0
3-28 15:56
Use props
djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM
New
Slovakia

KIRILLNE Posted at 3-28 15:56
tell me if the 60 fps mode worked for you, when it’s turned on on the camera it’s still not displayed in OBS on Windows, the limit says 30 (usb port 3.0

I have no problems with 60 fps. Both 30 and 60 fps works well with OBS on Macbook Pro M1
3-29 05:23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_4oZQVY8CpHtM Posted at 3-28 06:04
I solved the "freezing" problem. Camera (as webcam) freezing after a while, if you flip the camera to the "self recording" (selfie flip)  mode. The camera try to mirroring the screen and this was causing the freezing problem. Now i dont flip the screen (just use 5D joystick to point on me) and the camera work without any problems. DJI technicians need to solve the problem with the "selfie flip" freezing problem in webcam mode. I am on Macbook Pro M1. Sorry for my English

The stabilization of the Webcam function is related to macOS system compatibility. If there is any issue with this function, you can update their macOS system. MacBook Pro M1 2020 System 11.2.3 Supported. If the issue still exists, please provide us with a video for further checking.
3-30 02:38
Use props
fansa94ad1f5
lvl.2
Spain

just for curiosity, because it happened to me also. Have you checked the time to switch off screen while recording at your configuration. I am not sure, but I have put that preference to never and it is not happening now. I need to check more, but..... my 2 cts
3-30 21:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules