United States

2023-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice tips and tricks Daymon.    Nice autumn views at the park.  
2023-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2023-12-24
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

You use mode follow, tilted lock or fpv ?
2023-12-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nicely done, and interesting.

At the beginning I was thinking, if you (anyone) are talking to the camera, with the Pocket 3 remember that the background will be a blur, so if the purpose of the vlog is to talk about the location, only appear on the camera for (say) 15 seconds in each minute, on average.  Of course if it's a vlog talking about something other than the location, that's different.  Anyway, as I was having that thought, the style of this video changed to voice-behind and the scenery was displayed in all its beauty, good!  Worked well.

Related to that is the technique of using full lock to walk into the picture - that can work well when vlogging.  First you see the scene, then the vlogger walks into the frame.  No tripod required!

There was mention of isolating the sound of the narration from the ambient sound.  I think that's the function of the "noise reduction" setting on the Mic 2.  It's not system noise reduction, it's ambient noise reduction (I'm open to correction).  Of course if we could use the audio backup function to record stereo ambience from the built in mics with voice separately recorded for mixing in afterwards, that would be cool, but - we can't.  Have I mentioned that before?  

2023-12-24
Use props
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

HAYHOT Posted at 2023-12-24 07:55
You use mode follow, tilted lock or fpv ?

I use tilt lock when I am walking or riding
1-19 07:42
Use props
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 2023-12-24 08:02
Nicely done, and interesting.

At the beginning I was thinking, if you (anyone) are talking to the camera, with the Pocket 3 remember that the background will be a blur, so if the purpose of the vlog is to talk about the location, only appear on the camera for (say) 15 seconds in each minute, on average.  Of course if it's a vlog talking about something other than the location, that's different.  Anyway, as I was having that thought, the style of this video changed to voice-behind and the scenery was displayed in all its beauty, good!  Worked well.

You make some really good points thank you for the comments I imagine I should start off with an establishing shot to show the Granger of where I am and then going to a little self view and then back to way wide view as far as recording the ambient sound down that I have the mic too. I should be able to record separately straight to the microphone and then use the camera to record the ambient sound
1-19 07:46
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

Day 1 Adventures Posted at 1-19 07:42
I use tilt lock when I am walking or riding

Thanks so much, i learn so much from you
2-15 05:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now