2131 43 2023-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssmiura
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1579767 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Good morning everyone, I would like to know if there is any reason why they removed the option to film in 2.7k resolution on the mini 4 Pro
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for your feedback, DJI has investigated the Mini series products in the past and found low use of 2.7K resolution video shooting, so the  2.7K resolution settings in the camera parameters were canceled, Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

because 4k is better?
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445735 ft

United States

I am also disappointed to find out that 2.7k is not an option. 4k files are too large. 1080 doesn't give enough crisp video. 2.7 was just right on my Air 2, and really disappointed it's not on the mini 4 pro, why not have the option, let the users decide?
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-10 20:32
Thank you for your feedback, DJI has investigated the Mini series products in the past and found low use of 2.7K resolution video shooting, so the  2.7K resolution settings in the camera parameters were canceled, Thank you for your understanding.

Please add 2.7k capture options, how can we open a petition to re-add this in DJI Fly app update for mini 4 pro? I had this option on my Air 2 that is a few years older and was my default recording option perfect balance of quality and file size. Having option of either 1080 or 4k is very drastic and limiting. I'm having to invest in larger capacity microsd, and editing 4k files down to 2.7k which is very time consuming. Not everyone has high end computers for editing 4k videos. And 1080 is not sharp enough. Please strongly consider enabling this in an update.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr Posted at 11-20 21:08
Please add 2.7k capture options, how can we open a petition to re-add this in DJI Fly app update for mini 4 pro? I had this option on my Air 2 that is a few years older and was my default recording option perfect balance of quality and file size. Having option of either 1080 or 4k is very drastic and limiting. I'm having to invest in larger capacity microsd, and editing 4k files down to 2.7k which is very time consuming. Not everyone has high end computers for editing 4k videos. And 1080 is not sharp enough. Please strongly consider enabling this in an update.

I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the related department for awareness. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr Posted at 11-20 20:57
I am also disappointed to find out that 2.7k is not an option. 4k files are too large. 1080 doesn't give enough crisp video. 2.7 was just right on my Air 2, and really disappointed it's not on the mini 4 pro, why not have the option, let the users decide?

Thank you for your insights. I will submit this feedback to the related department for evaluation. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-11-21
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-10 20:32

I think DJI needs to reach out to the droning community to do a proper investigation.

I've seen on many YouTube livestream discussion concerning the video resolution. Most are filming in 2.7K due to the fact that YouTube analytics show that most viewers are watching on mobile devices which makes filming in 4K redundant. And as another user pointed out, filming in 4K uses a lot of storage and can be a nightmare to edit at times unless you have the newest computer with high speed GPU. This hobby/sport is expensive enough without having to have super expensive hardware just to edit videos.

Just my two cents worth....
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dnddad324 Posted at 11-21 03:06
I think DJI needs to reach out to the droning community to do a proper investigation.

I've seen on many YouTube livestream discussion concerning the video resolution. Most are filming in 2.7K due to the fact that YouTube analytics show that most viewers are watching on mobile devices which makes filming in 4K redundant. And as another user pointed out, filming in 4K uses a lot of storage and can be a nightmare to edit at times unless you have the newest computer with high speed GPU. This hobby/sport is expensive enough without having to have super expensive hardware just to edit videos.

Your feedback is well noted. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-21 01:45
I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the related department for awareness. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Thanks Tony for reading the user community's concerns about the 2.7k video resolution not being included. Many Mini 4 Pro users like myself are coming from Air 2 and Air 2s where the 2.7k resolution was a there by default. 3 years later of advancements and purchasing premium drone like the Mini 4 "pro" version ( I purchased the $1k USD fly more plus combo with RC2), I naturally expected at least the same or more video resolution options to be included.... Not to mention selecting between 1080 and 4k with no option inbetween is very limiting. Hoping to see the 2.7k recording option soon in an upcoming firmware update.
2023-11-23
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

Because it's possible to upscale 2.7K video to 4K almost perfectly. When the Mini 4 is out it will be limited to 30FPS in 4K. Maybe they don't want you to create 4K 60FPS video from 2.7K 60FPS video without buying the Pro model.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr Posted at 11-23 16:55
Thanks Tony for reading the user community's concerns about the 2.7k video resolution not being included. Many Mini 4 Pro users like myself are coming from Air 2 and Air 2s where the 2.7k resolution was a there by default. 3 years later of advancements and purchasing premium drone like the Mini 4 "pro" version ( I purchased the $1k USD fly more plus combo with RC2), I naturally expected at least the same or more video resolution options to be included.... Not to mention selecting between 1080 and 4k with no option inbetween is very limiting. Hoping to see the 2.7k recording option soon in an upcoming firmware update.

Hi. You are most welcome. Your feedback will also be added as a suggestion. Rest assured this will also be submitted to the development team. Have a great day.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_bjJCN7L0HMo2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 783061 ft
Germany

I have the very same concern. As I'm working in a mobile harware environment only and cutting/ postprocessing my video files with an Android tablet, storage space and reasonable file sizes play a mayor role. I bought the M4p when it just came out and was very surprised and disappointed not to find the 2.7k resolution anymore. But as my usecase over the last years was to record in 2.7K "only" - with all my devices btw. - and then, once cut finally, rendered to 4K, resulting in very good quality for YouTube usage e.g. I decided to return the M4p and stay with my M3p now instead. Very recently I bought the DJI Pocket 3 and was very happy to still find the 2.7K resolution there. So, I do not need to return this one as well. DJI please take note that there are quite a lot of users out there requesting a firmware update with the implementation of 2.7K video to the Mini 4 Pro with good reasons behind. Cheers from Germany, Bernd
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_bjJCN7L0HMo2 Posted at 11-26 03:54
I have the very same concern. As I'm working in a mobile harware environment only and cutting/ postprocessing my video files with an Android tablet, storage space and reasonable file sizes play a mayor role. I bought the M4p when it just came out and was very surprised and disappointed not to find the 2.7k resolution anymore. But as my usecase over the last years was to record in 2.7K "only" - with all my devices btw. - and then, once cut finally, rendered to 4K, resulting in very good quality for YouTube usage e.g. I decided to return the M4p and stay with my M3p now instead. Very recently I bought the DJI Pocket 3 and was very happy to still find the 2.7K resolution there. So, I do not need to return this one as well. DJI please take note that there are quite a lot of users out there requesting a firmware update with the implementation of 2.7K video to the Mini 4 Pro with good reasons behind. Cheers from Germany, Bernd

Thanks adding your experience with the same issue not having 2.7k. 4k file sizes are much larger, transfers taking longer computer and my surface pro with i5 processor noticeably struggles while editing video files (I realize a computer woth dedicated graphics would be better). 2.7k would make editing much easier. This really seems like a dji fly app limitation oversight for just the mini 4 pro. Otherwise, I love this drone. Don't want to sell to go to a mini pro 3 just because of this. But I'm not going to invest more on a better computer to process 4k videos. I've already spent $1k usd on the drone and more on additional micro sd cards. Please DJI, enable the 2.7k quality on dji fly app for the mini 4 pro.
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_bjJCN7L0HMo2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 783061 ft
Germany

Any progress here? Once 2.7K will come to the M4p I will purchase it again but it's becoming a tight time window now as DJI allows to "De-categorize" this model until Dec 31 only over here in the EU. Please DJI state a clear message here soon. Will 2.7K come and when can we expect it to be implemented likely?
2023-12-8
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

good luck, i don't think this will happen
2023-12-8
Use props
ECdoesIT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78753 ft
Hong Kong

I only found out there's no 2.7K video option on M4P after making the purchase... Feeling a bit of regret for selling my Mini 3 now as I was very happy with the 2.7K clips that it made. Please bring back 2.7K option.
2023-12-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kopanz Posted at 11-24 04:49
Because it's possible to upscale 2.7K video to 4K almost perfectly. When the Mini 4 is out it will be limited to 30FPS in 4K. Maybe they don't want you to create 4K 60FPS video from 2.7K 60FPS video without buying the Pro model.

Unnecessary post processing when the option was there from the get go before.
It had a better zoom than 4k
Its better than 1080.

This was an oversight DJI, perhaps you should start doing surveys using survey monkey or the like before you remove options that were there initially.
2023-12-15
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

+1
2.7k/120fps requested
2023-12-15
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2.7k was always an ideal format, larger then full hd to crop, but not as large file sizes as with 4k. this is disappointing...
2023-12-16
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Sharpness should be the same whether shooting in 4k, 2.7k or 1080p - as long as you are viewing on a resolution-matched screen.

Obviously, there will be some fuzzy interpolation if viewing any of these in a scaled-up window. But if you are upscaling to 4k then 2.7k is a better starting point than 1080p.

A clip's native resolution also has implications if cropping the video.

That said, only a minority can view 4k Youtube videos at that size so 1080p is my preferred upload resolution. But you will need 4k for optimal viewing of footage on an HDR TV.
2023-12-16
Use props
#munich_scout
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

I need 2.7K as well. Fingers crossed for an fw upgrade soon. Thanks
2023-12-16
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1

United States

2.7k video option did not make the cut in the last Firmware update. I'm missing it greatly. 4k files are huge to store, require more time to edit, and more time to upload. 1080 is just not cutting it anymore in terms of sharpness quality, I need the in-between 2.7k option. Mini 3 pro had it. Even my much older Air 2 had it. Why can't the Mini 4 pro have this option in the year 2024?! Please add it.

Others on the same boat, please voice your concern for DJI to readd the 2.7k video option.
1-14 18:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

#munich_scout Posted at 2023-12-16 04:34
I need 2.7K as well. Fingers crossed for an fw upgrade soon. Thanks

Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Currently, this option is still not available for the DJI Mini 4 Pro. However, your feedback will also be forwarded to our relevant team. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
1-14 23:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr Posted at 1-14 18:17
2.7k video option did not make the cut in the last Firmware update. I'm missing it greatly. 4k files are huge to store, require more time to edit, and more time to upload. 1080 is just not cutting it anymore in terms of sharpness quality, I need the in-between 2.7k option. Mini 3 pro had it. Even my much older Air 2 had it. Why can't the Mini 4 pro have this option in the year 2024?! Please add it.

Others on the same boat, please voice your concern for DJI to readd the 2.7k video option.

Hello, there! We understand that you're looking for a particular feature that's not currently available in our DJI Mini 4 Pro. However, we appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions. Our development team is always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers. Your input is very important to us and we'll make sure to pass your suggestion along to the team. Thank you for your continued support.
1-14 23:10
Use props
fans4ae6d480
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260925 ft
United Kingdom

Bring back 2.7k
1-15 07:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. We really appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support!
1-15 23:34
Use props
djiuser_VfIpNeA2XNLr
lvl.1

United States

Desperately needing 2.7k video option, I will be filming alot in the next few months, this option is the best in-between option for quality and file size, and removes the need to post process 4k files. Please add it in the next update.
2-13 08:46
Use props
fansd3d68e6c
New

United Kingdom

It is unbelievable that 2.7K has been removed. I upgraded from a Mini 3 Pro and only realised after I first turned the drone on that this was missing. I too don't have a computer that can handle 4K files so please DJI bring this back - it makes no sense whatsoever to only be able to choose between 1080 and 4K
2-14 02:14
Use props
djiuser_1CCxcAotIIm1
New

Czechia

The same sentiment here. Please restore the 2.7k resolution! 4K is for business or filmmakers, not for ordinary people. The Mini 4 Pro is designed for regular users, especially. So, why would you cancel this option when around 80% of the people purchasing this smallest drone are normal individuals or people who create YouTube or Instagram videos? Even on a big-screen TV, 2.7k is sufficient.

Please fix this issue!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much
3-1 02:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansd3d68e6c Posted at 2-14 02:14
It is unbelievable that 2.7K has been removed. I upgraded from a Mini 3 Pro and only realised after I first turned the drone on that this was missing. I too don't have a computer that can handle 4K files so please DJI bring this back - it makes no sense whatsoever to only be able to choose between 1080 and 4K

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
3-1 20:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_1CCxcAotIIm1 Posted at 3-1 02:52
The same sentiment here. Please restore the 2.7k resolution! 4K is for business or filmmakers, not for ordinary people. The Mini 4 Pro is designed for regular users, especially. So, why would you cancel this option when around 80% of the people purchasing this smallest drone are normal individuals or people who create YouTube or Instagram videos? Even on a big-screen TV, 2.7k is sufficient.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that we will continue to gather this feedback of yours and forward it to the relevant team for future consideration. Please note that the DJI Mini 4 Pro supports the following resolution for video. We appreciate your understanding and support.

4K: 3840×2160@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*fps
FHD: 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*/200*fps

3-1 20:58
Use props
djiuser_VzqV3cUrJKgB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 657713 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The same issue nd the same request: Please restore the 2.7k resolution! 4K is for High for ordinary people. The Mini 4 Pro is designed for standard users, especially. So, why DJI cancel this option ? We pay more than a Mini 2 but we have less choice ? Why  This ?.

Thank you very much
3-9 05:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VzqV3cUrJKgB Posted at 3-9 05:43
The same issue nd the same request: Please restore the 2.7k resolution! 4K is for High for ordinary people. The Mini 4 Pro is designed for standard users, especially. So, why DJI cancel this option ? We pay more than a Mini 2 but we have less choice ? Why  This ?.

Thank you for the feedback. This will be forwarded to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience.
3-10 00:55
Use props
djiuser_8CZfU1Oe9sAo
New

Australia

Bring back 2.7k.. I just purchased the Action 4 and vlog YouTube as this res. I am now not able to combine my drone mini 4pro at the same res. This is a real backward step DJI. I want choice when filming. I should not be forced to used 4K
4-6 17:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_8CZfU1Oe9sAo Posted at 4-6 17:09
Bring back 2.7k.. I just purchased the Action 4 and vlog YouTube as this res. I am now not able to combine my drone mini 4pro at the same res. This is a real backward step DJI. I want choice when filming. I should not be forced to used 4K

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support. Stay safe.
4-6 20:03
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_8CZfU1Oe9sAo Posted at 4-6 17:09

I'm not against using 2.7k resolution, but why are you writing ?
I am now not able to combine my drone mini 4pro at the same res.
There is no problem doing this
4-7 00:14
Use props
djiuser_8CZfU1Oe9sAo
New

Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 4-7 00:14
I'm not against using 2.7k resolution, but why are you writing ?
I am now not able to combine my drone mini 4pro at the same res.
There is no problem doing this

I know you can do it. But not on smaller devices. Even my gaming PC struggles with 4K content. The simple fact is if it wasn’t an issue for some, we would not be having this conversation. We all have various needs and hardware limitations. But thank you for your comment.
4-9 17:23
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

4K/60 is too heavy to edit, good to have on a special occasions, but 2.7 is better for every day use
4-9 20:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8CZfU1Oe9sAo Posted at 4-9 17:23
I know you can do it. But not on smaller devices. Even my gaming PC struggles with 4K content. The simple fact is if it wasn’t an issue for some, we would not be having this conversation. We all have various needs and hardware limitations. But thank you for your comment.

We understand the importance of this request. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
4-9 21:31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules