Mounting SSD
1421 5 2023-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

As you all know, the new iPhone15 pro Max has the ability to record videos in Apple Log and ProRes.
But, the files are very large and it is recommended that an SSD is connected to the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can mount an SSD to the OM6 system ?

Thanks!

2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DJ_Fan. We apologize for the inconvenience. Adding/mounting SSD to your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight might not meet the gimbal’s payload requirements and it might not meet the hardware compatibility requirements. This may affect the gimbal’s stabilization. We suggest transferring the old files before you use them again.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-10 23:35
Hi, DJ_Fan. We apologize for the inconvenience. Adding/mounting SSD to your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight might not meet the gimbal’s payload requirements and it might not meet the hardware compatibility requirements. This may affect the gimbal’s stabilization. We suggest transferring the old files before you use them again.

Thank you for the guidance.
2023-11-11
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

You might want to try an SD card USB-C plug-in instead of an SSD.  It will be much lighter and the USB socket holds it in place.  Lots of videos on Youtube showing this.  You might need to adjust the phone position in the clamp to position it at the center of gravity.

Caveat: I haven't tried this, I just have an iPhone 14 Pro.
2023-11-11
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 11-11 09:29
You might want to try an SD card USB-C plug-in instead of an SSD.  It will be much lighter and the USB socket holds it in place.  Lots of videos on Youtube showing this.  You might need to adjust the phone position in the clamp to position it at the center of gravity.

Caveat: I haven't tried this, I just have an iPhone 14 Pro.

Thanks, I have do more research into this. Not sure how the cable plays the gimbal movements.

For now, I guess the safe way is to flush the files from the phone to the SSD drive before recording new sessions.
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJ_Fan Posted at 11-11 07:16
Thank you for the guidance.

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime. Cheers!
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules