Gimbal motor stiffness and strength is seemingly off
771 8 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I had a walk in a beautiful sceanary today and had a fun shooting with Pocket 3.

Coming back and checking the footage, I find every footage is somewhat rough and not as smooth as Pocket 1 and 2 could.

Walking strate with ninja walk is fine but pan following or rotating around the subject end up looking uneven.

I feel this is a gimbal motor sriffness and strength setting releated and could be easly improved by DJI with firmware update.

But notice that no one else is really talk about this issue other than mentioning that Pocket 3 is more susceptible to walking movement.

Everyone find the gimbal performance satisfactory?

(Or it is just my Pocket 3)

Single SelectVote, Total 7 people participate in voting View Poll participants
28.57% (2)
71.43% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate your feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-11-12
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 21:27
We appreciate your feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Thank you for reply.
I am worrying if this issue needs camera replacement or OTA can solve this.
Not quit sure should just wait or ask replacement.
2023-11-12
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI need to add the deadband parameter to smooth movements. I have create a post about it.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tide Posted at 11-12 21:44
Thank you for reply.
I am worrying if this issue needs camera replacement or OTA can solve this.
Not quit sure should just wait or ask replacement.

Will it be fine if you post a sample? I'll check with them to confirm if what you are experiencing is normal. Thank you.
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I felt my footage wasn't smooth enough as well to start with. I then turned my gimbal movement speed right down and that helped a lot. Footage seems much smoother now.
DJI do have a history of regular firmware updates to tweak and fix issues - much more regular then GoPro for instance - so hopefully they will continue to tweak in the background and we'll have an update soon!
I'd also like gimbal movement via the thumbstick to be smoother with an ease/in/out effect rather then being so abrupt....
2023-11-13
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

I have the impression that when I move forward, the image swings slightly from side to side. There is no stiffness of the horizon like in Osmo Pocket 1. However, when I go to the side, the image tilts even by a few degrees to the sides.
Below is a video of the screen swinging - I tried to walk like a ninja
2023-11-13
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

Many recent holiday videos feature this screen wobble problem. On Osmo Pocket 1 the image was very stable. Below is another video showing the problem

2023-11-13
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Thevion Posted at 11-13 08:04
Many recent holiday videos feature this screen wobble problem. On Osmo Pocket 1 the image was very stable. Below is another video showing the problem
https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/33cce9d1-891f-4818-9035-81b1c8c33e86

I also had this problem on the Pocket 2 and DJI never solved it.

Especially when I had the image locked. It went little by little to the right no matter how much I calibrated the gimbal.

Good luck.
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules