Locking White Balance when hitting record
885 16 2023-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

It would be nice to have an option to automatically lock white balance once the record button is hit, and put it back to auto when not recording. iPhone has such a feature and it's called, 'Lock White Balance'.

IMG_3096.jpeg
2023-11-12
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This would be nice for pros
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, Rishio. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-13
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, that would be a handy feature. Thanks.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-11-13
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 01:49
Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks. I’m loving this product and it’s awesome that you guys are here listening and actively improving it. Thankfully, hardware wise, it’s hard to find anything I would want changed. ✪
2023-11-13
Use props
OVS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78842 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for Lock White Balance on Record!
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rishio Posted at 11-13 22:14
Thanks. I’m loving this product and it’s awesome that you guys are here listening and actively improving it. Thankfully, hardware wise, it’s hard to find anything I would want changed. ✪

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we are doing our best to provide not only the best products but also the best customer service for our consumers. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion!
2023-12-26
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
Germany

+1 I would love to see that !
2023-12-29
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

2023-12-29
Use props
Jeff-S
lvl.1

United States

Another +1 for a lock white balance when recording. I'd really like to have this feature on my Pocket 3.
1-13 15:06
Use props
JOSECARC
New

Spain

Jeff-S Posted at 1-13 15:06
Another +1 for a lock white balance when recording. I'd really like to have this feature on my Pocket 3.

+1 Would be great
4-19 03:19
Use props
JE Rome
lvl.3
United States

4-20 10:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JE Rome Posted at 4-20 10:28
+1 for Lock White Balance on Record!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We want you to know that this suggestion has already been forwarded and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Have a nice day.
4-20 22:01
Use props
VKTRS
lvl.3
Germany

Yes, I agree, this would be a nice feature. For me dynamic changing in white balance is very distracting, so I dialed in a fixed white balance as a workaround.
4-20 23:22
Use props
bestravelvideo
lvl.3
Greece

Yes, the White Balance lock would benefit all users, no matter how experienced they are!

This camera is supposed to be used for convenience, among other things.
A user with basic knowledge might not notice a difference and just benefit from a consistent look.
An advanced user will benefit in two ways!
A: You don't lose time trying to find the optimum value.
B: In post, if you got the wrong setting, you can just change the value to your clip and be fine.

Here are some examples so that all understand both cases.
You leave the WB in AUTO: Colors might shift. Everyone can see that and the advanced user can't save it, maybe just select a proper segment or disregard the clip.
You manually set a value, but it's slightly or more wrong.
Maybe in the day you left it at WB 5600 while 5200 could be correct.
If you got this wrong, you can correct it in post.

Now, if the WB locks when you hit record, most of the times it will lock on the proper setting and this saves time.
It also saves the clip if for example you had a WB setting of 5600 outdoors and you go indoors with that but don't see the problem and then you can't bring it back to the correct setting.

Any idea if and when we might see any firmware update?
I already publicly asked in some of my other posts for some features like making the EV number bigger so we can easily see it.
Also I asked about the option we get the zebras for highlights on the Pocket 3 screen, not just via the app on our mobiles.
4-22 10:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules