Why is Mavic 3 pro so incomparable ?
1288 12 2023-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TombRitual
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1213136 ft
United States

Im trying to use some sort of mission planning app to make maps with my mavic 3 pro but only one app (the mostly expensive one) drone deploy works with mavic 3 pro?? Why? This is very frustrating,.
Anyone know of a flight plan (fly the grid) app that doesnt cost hundreds of doallrs a year?
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6473717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dronelink is good and inexpensive but it doesn't work with the Mavic 3 Pro yet. One of the reasons I haven't purchased it. It's a shame.
2023-11-12
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-12 18:40
Dronelink is good and inexpensive but it doesn't work with the Mavic 3 Pro yet. One of the reasons I haven't purchased it. It's a shame.

It’s super frustrating, I thought when I bought this drone I would be able to use it for work.
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TombRitual Posted at 11-12 18:49
It’s super frustrating, I thought when I bought this drone I would be able to use it for work.

I am having a real problem here. I would love to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro. Their lack of cooperation on SDK is maddening. I have looked at alternatives because of this and every entry level pro drone is lacking something. It seems like a game they are all playing. I happen to like dronelink with my Mavic 2 Pro. Dronelink costs less than 50 per month and does much of what Drone deploy does. I use drone deploy with third party companies that pay for the service, but I dont think it's worth the cost
2023-11-12
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-12 19:14
I am having a real problem here. I would love to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro. Their lack of cooperation on SDK is maddening. I have looked at alternatives because of this and every entry level pro drone is lacking something. It seems like a game they are all playing. I happen to like dronelink with my Mavic 2 Pro. Dronelink costs less than 50 per month and does much of what Drone deploy does. I use drone deploy with third party companies that pay for the service, but I dont think it's worth the cost

Well the only real difference between yours and mine is the zoom right? The mav 2 is on Oc3, so is mine. The 2 pro has full 360 OAD correct? BTW, I just found out yesterday while using my drone after an update and you can see out of the OAD cams now. So cool. This come in handy while flying with gimble at -90 so you don't hit anything and also flying backwards. But I digress. Im pretty sure compatibility is around the corner. Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 months. The weather is ... here now in Oregon so Im grounded most of the time anyway
2023-11-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Im trying to use some sort of mission planning app to make maps with my mavic 3 pro but only one app (the mostly expensive one) drone deploy works with mavic 3 pro??
You need to look into this a little further.
DroneDeploy doesn't support the Mavic 3 pro at all.
Neither does any other 3rd party software.
Because DJI hasn't (and isn't going to) release the SDK for the Mavic 3 series to let 3rd party software developers make their software work with the mavic 3.

2023-11-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TombRitual Posted at 11-12 18:49

I thought when I bought this drone I would be able to use it for work.
You didn't do much research.
Users have been complaining for over a year that DJI won't release the Mavic 3 SDK.

Well the only real difference between yours and mine is the zoom right?
No .. there are lots of differences.
And the Mavic 3 doesn't have any optical (real) zoom.
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-12 23:32
Users have been complaining for over a year that DJI won't release the mavic 3 SDK.

It's so frustrating. All of the manufacturers want you to pay $10,000 or more for a commercial drone that does what you want, and you still don't get everything. The only vote you get is with your wallet.
2023-11-13
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
United States

Users have been complaining for over a year that DJI won't release the Mavic 3 SDK.

So, you are telling me this drone is useless for map making?
2023-11-13
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
United States

I was told by my buddy who flys drones form a living to get the mavic pro. So I got the newest one. I modded the controller with better antennas so now I cant return it. Im stuck with a $2000 flying camera I cant use. Great
2023-11-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Forum member Fozando linked to this video. It explains, in detail, how to do a mapping mission with DJI waypoints. Set the subtitles to English.
2023-11-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TombRitual Posted at 11-13 17:16
So, you are telling me this drone is useless for map making?

It would be a great mapping drone ... if DJI cared to release the SDK.
But they don't want to.

As it is, it's a great drone for lots of things.
But mapping isn't one of them.

And using that waypoints "workaround" is no substitute for a real mapping program.

2023-11-13
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-13 19:36
It would be a great mapping drone ... if DJI cared to release the SDK.
But they don't want to.

I did a lot of reading today. Its actually one of the best drones for mapping strictly in terms of the camera. There are ways to do it. Kind of manually./ I might hold on to it. After flying this and using it for weeks its kinda hard to step backwards to a phantom or air 2 or mavic pro.. I think a solution will come eventually.. I wish DJI would just release a mapping option in the fly app. How hard can it be?
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules