Open prop/arm case
493 4 2023-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGpousson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
United States

I have been looking for a case that holds my Mavic 3E with the arms open. Not sure what other people have found but today I orderded this one.
I will update the thread if anyone has questions, should be in by Christmas.... Cases-online.com is the site, shipping from Germany.

ORDER ITEMSUNIT PRICEQUANTITYTOTAL PRODUCTS

Mavic 3 Enterprise - "Ready-to-Fly" - Casecolor : Black - Trolley : without trolley function - Carrying Strap : with Carrying Strap
€341.00

2023-11-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

My only question is, why? It takes 3 seconds to unfold the arms. The included case is smaller, just as IP rated and can already hold enough batteries to last an entire day. I like the idea of charging the batteries while in the case but to point out the obvious issue you'll run into, that thing is going to heat up ridiculously fast. Not just the batteries but also the USB C charging adapter. That's going to be a fire hazard and kill the batteries lifespan. This doesn't seem like an advantage worth $400 and nearly a months wait. Just my opinion, let us know how it works once you receive it.  
2023-11-14
Use props
DGpousson
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-14 12:53
My only question is, why? It takes 3 seconds to unfold the arms. The included case is smaller, just as IP rated and can already hold enough batteries to last an entire day. I like the idea of charging the batteries while in the case but to point out the obvious issue you'll run into, that thing is going to heat up ridiculously fast. Not just the batteries but also the USB C charging adapter. That's going to be a fire hazard and kill the batteries lifespan. This doesn't seem like an advantage worth $400 and nearly a months wait. Just my opinion, let us know how it works once you receive it.

Not a time saving reason at all. I have several times almost twisted the prop arm the wrong way - I am idiot proofing myself from breaking an arm.
2023-11-14
Use props
DGpousson
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-14 12:53

Also - I carry my batteries and chargers separate from the drone. I have run thru batteries on several jobs. I normally land at about 20% left on the battery.
I bring 8 batteries and a jackery - often recharging the RC as I fly. So, yes it is a pain to carry another case- I agree. Some of my map plans are almost 200 minutes.
2023-11-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found that you'll never be able to keep pace with the drone's battery usage with only a single charger. I mapped a large plot of land thinking 5 batteries and the 100W charger would keep me flying all day. As you can see, by the 7th flight I was using batteries that weren't fully charged yet. Screenshot 2023-11-14 213704.png

So I went back the following weekend with 6 batteries and 2 100W chargers and had no problems.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 213548.png

Like you said, the RC will need frequent charging. I kept a 20,000mah battery pack in my back pocket and had it charging most of the day. DJI made a big step backwards with not having an external battery with the RC Pro Enterprise. At full brightness and using RTK it will be dead fast. The biggest thing is to keep the batteries in the shade and have some airflow going around them while charging if possible.
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules