Alternative Carry Cases?
2561 17 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone thought about alternative carry cases that organise accessories a little better?

I like the look of this one - especially all the pockets for filters etc, which is a nice touch. Still can't fit any power brick into it though, but I usually have a power bank with me anyways.

https://amzn.to/3uaJHbl

Any other suggestions?
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another : https://amzn.to/47lt77p
A bit smaller then the above one, but with no filter slots…….
2023-11-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

skyreat make some good stuff for pocket. And just by the way freewell have started shipping their filters today and the are in stock.
2023-11-16
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Nice part about the Skyreat case is that it handles the P3 with the protective cover; the other case does not so the cover would be separate.
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 11-16 09:50
Nice part about the Skyreat case is that it handles the P3 with the protective cover; the other case does not so the cover would be separate.

Yes this is another good point……
2023-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a really nice case.  
2023-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 09:39
skyreat make some good stuff for pocket. And just by the way freewell have started shipping their filters today and the are in stock.

Thanks for sharing that Freewell has started shipping their filters.  Unfortunately, I ordered mine through B&HPhotoVideo and they still show as pre-ordder.  
2023-11-16
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-16 15:38
Thanks for sharing that Freewell has started shipping their filters.  Unfortunately, I ordered mine through B&HPhotoVideo and they still show as pre-ordder.

I love B&H - I bought from them pre-Internet in the 70's and 80's - but I've noticed that all of their Pocket 3 stuff remains "Coming Soon" and it was only recently that they got the Action 4 in.
2023-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice case but currently unavailable?
2023-11-17
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

I prefere a little bit more space, eg for an small Tripod Stativ, ND-Filters etc. Found an little cable box with flexible partitions. Has nearly the sam size like the listed P3 cases, but an lot more of space inside and is still compact too....
P3-Box.jpg
2023-11-17
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ohhhhh, may have to look into that Freewell filter kit....... ;)
2023-11-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 11-16 16:05
I love B&H - I bought from them pre-Internet in the 70's and 80's - but I've noticed that all of their Pocket 3 stuff remains "Coming Soon" and it was only recently that they got the Action 4 in.

It does seem like Adorama and Drone Nerds are getting DJI gear in much sooner that B&H.  That wasn't always the case though.
2023-11-17
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

IftiBashir Posted at 11-17 07:18
Ohhhhh, may have to look into that Freewell filter kit....... ;)

yessss, got it 3 days ago directly from Freewell - not cheap, cost me  around 150 US$ ;-)
2023-11-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cpt. Joe Posted at 11-17 09:18
yessss, got it 3 days ago directly from Freewell - not cheap, cost me  around 150 US$ ;-)

My freewell 14 left china on Tuesday should have early next week. They make nice filters.
2023-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

https://au.scottymakesstuff.com/ ... -pocket-3-slim-case

Might be relevant...  I just saw a video suggesting that the screen rotation issue might be due to the supplied case being too tight and pulling on the screen rotation mechanism when the camera is prized from the case.  The Scotty one appears to avoid that issue.  I have their cases for the Pocket 2 and 1 and very much recommend them.
2023-11-19
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-19 03:37
https://au.scottymakesstuff.com/collections/dji-osmo-pocket-3-accessories/products/dji-pocket-3-slim-case

Might be relevant...  I just saw a video suggesting that the screen rotation issue might be due to the supplied case being too tight and pulling on the screen rotation mechanism when the camera is prized from the case.  The Scotty one appears to avoid that issue.  I have their cases for the Pocket 2 and 1 and very much recommend them.

That’s a good point. Fortunately I never use the supplied case - I just use the bag that came with the creator combo. I haven’t liked the tight fitting case from the start…….The case in the link you provided is too bulky for my liking though.

EDIT: Just took a look at my case and can't see how the screen would be pulled? It's tapered slightly so there's no pressure on it when inserting or removing?
2023-11-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

IftiBashir Posted at 11-19 08:25
That’s a good point. Fortunately I never use the supplied case - I just use the bag that came with the creator combo. I haven’t liked the tight fitting case from the start…….The case in the link you provided is too bulky for my liking though.

EDIT: Just took a look at my case and can't see how the screen would be pulled? It's tapered slightly so there's no pressure on it when inserting or removing?

I can't comment until I collect my Pocket 3 from the dealer this afternoon.  (Oh Happy Day...) - but it looked plausible in the video.  I recall wth the Pocket 1 or 2 there were a lot of posts from people whose case fell off, vs people whose camera was more or less jammed in the case.  So it might be a matter of some cases being tighter than others.  if you have a tight case, it harms the screen rotation mechanism.  If you don't, no problem.  That's the theory anyway.  As for the Scotty case being bulky, well, that's a matter of personal taste.   For me, I'm not fussed about the size - I have no plan to put it in my pocket, unless I want to impress my girlfriend.  Or my wife.  

2023-11-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

(I hope I'm not resurrecting a closed topic in an inappropriate thread... I can delete it if anyone thinks I shouldn't post that here).
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules