Video Interference lines
437 3 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

I started with a Mini and am currently flying a Mini 2 with several hours of fly time. Recently I started encountering intermittent interference lines in some clips. Sometimes for the whole clip, sometimes only in part of a clip. I've attached an example clip. In this particular clip, the first 90 sec of the clip were clean.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, was there a solution?

2023-11-16
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-16 13:46
Those look like prop shadows caused by the angle of the sun.  Next time you see them rotate the bird & see if they go away.

Huh....didn't know prop shadows was a thing. I've never encountered this issue before which leads me to believe it's electronic rather than optical but I will keep that in mind. I worked in the video industry for all of my career and those lines look like what 60 cycle hum did to video back in the analog days.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The black stripes are often from the shadow of a propeller, formed when light hits the paddle and is then projected onto the camera lens. In this case, ask the user to select an appropriate angle and not to shoot facing that angle of light, or move the camera downwards to avoid shooting the shadows of the propellers. During shooting, try to avoid facing the sun, or move the camera downwards to eliminate the effect. Thank you for your understanding.

2023-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, the first time I saw this, I thought my drone was broken.
But it makes sense when you think about it.
Sun, hitting spinning props, captured with a certain framerate. This will create weird shadow patterns.
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules