Shure MVL not working with DJI Mic 2
1791 9 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
intellilogic
lvl.2

United States

It seems to be physical?  It works with the Pocket 2 and other stuff.  I can use an adapter and make it work with the DJI Mic 2, but never directly.

2023-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt DJI is still tweaking the Mic 2.  
2023-11-16
Use props
intellilogic
lvl.2

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-16 15:28
No doubt DJI is still tweaking the Mic 2.

Hopefully it get's resolved, seemed mechanical though.  I'm going to order another Pocket 3 and see if maybe I got a partially-defective Mic 2.
2023-11-16
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

the shure lav mic is trrs so you need a adapter to trs!!
2023-11-17
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

You have already shown the solution to the problem in your video. The Shure microphone is incompatible with the DJI Mic 2 and the TRRS to TRS adapter solves the problem.
2023-11-17
Use props
intellilogic
lvl.2

United States

What are the consequences of adapting?  Do I lose features of the mic?  I like the mic, but I can still return it.  Strange the Pocket 2 transmitter supported both.  TRS-only is better?  I understand the DJI Mic transmitter 2 is supposed to be amazing, right?  While I’m ready to buy an adapter, I just want to be sure that’s the right way to go about it. I see one for the Rode SC2 TRRS (Mic, F) -> TRS (Transmitter, M); that seems to be clearly what you guys are saying.  Thanks for the help.
2023-11-17
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

intellilogic Posted at 11-17 08:18
What are the consequences of adapting?  Do I lose features of the mic?  I like the mic, but I can still return it.  Strange the Pocket 2 transmitter supported both.  TRS-only is better?  I understand the DJI Mic transmitter 2 is supposed to be amazing, right?  While I’m ready to buy an adapter, I just want to be sure that’s the right way to go about it. I see one for the Rode SC2 TRRS (Mic, F) -> TRS (Transmitter, M); that seems to be clearly what you guys are saying.  Thanks for the help.

I actually wanted to write that TRS is better because it allows you to record in stereo, but I just did a quick test with the DJI Mic 2 and found that you can only record in mono (left channel). But that wouldn't be a problem in conjunction with the Shure MVL, as it is only mono. In this case, adapting does not lead to any loss. The Rode SC3 adapter cable would be the right one.
The Pocket 3 or the smartphone to which the DJI Mic 2 is connected should be set to mono.
2023-11-17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

you can use any ceap adapter

btw: for stereo you need a second wireless mic
IMG_20231118_095015.jpg
2023-11-18
Use props
fansf8c2a05f
lvl.1
Sweden

I also have Shure MVL with TRRS and it worked without issue with DJI Mic 1st Gen but not with the DJI Mic2.
It is sad because DJI Wireless MIC with Shure MVL gave me excellent Audio and not I can not use it with my DJI Mic 2.

Overall after testing both the 1st Gen DJI Mic with the new one came with Osmo Pocket 3 I can say that 1st generation gave me better audio quality with and without LAV mic.

The downside is it does not work with Osmo Pocket 3.
1-26 06:29
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.4

Spain

The only thing you 'lose' with extra adapters is that it is a weak link, another connection, that can accidentally get pulled apart in use. Especially with lav mics - which is why threaded locking connectors are such a good idea.
1-26 06:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules