Posible to View M4P drone footage on 4k tv?
997 18 2023-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Hello,
I spoke to dji about this.  I am hoping to get footage from my M4P to my 4k tv.  Dji sugessted using the rc2 controller & cable to do this for hdmi to mini hdmi for tv but it has never been tested and I may run into issues.

Does anyone have recommendations on what i can do to get to view drone footage?  Can't find anything online for tips & dji isn't too helpful at the moment.
Don't care to view on computer & don't have laptop (only tablet).

Don't have drone, yet, but it's ordered so trying to line things up in advance.
2023-11-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The drone footage is saved on the SD card.  
It is also not present in the RC2 controller.  
So how do you want to get it to TV 4k?
2023-11-17
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

frankymusik Posted at 11-17 12:50
The drone footage is saved on the SD card.  
It is also not present in the RC2 controller.  
So how do you want to get it to TV 4k?

Saved on sd card & insert on usb reader & plugging in on usb port on tv.  
I'm reading this may no work but may work on a sony uhd bluray player which reads mp4, which is the format the M4P is formatted in.  I can't believe everyone views their history on the controller.  They put footage on their computer or laptop.

I want to view on my tv, if possible.
2023-11-17
Use props
Shrek 54
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813173 ft
Estonia

it is completely possible, insert the sd card into the usb reader and connect it to the TV via the USB input. I do this all the time with my LG SM9000 PLA TV and 4k/60fps (h265,264) can be read freely. If the TV requires formatting the sd card, then the video files must be transferred to an external hard drive or ssd and connect it to the TV via a USB cable.
2023-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a guide in this thread to use HDMI from the controller,  instead of plugging into an iPad you can use a TV. - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Shrek 54 Posted at 11-18 01:49
it is completely possible, insert the sd card into the usb reader and connect it to the TV via the USB input. I do this all the time with my LG SM9000 PLA TV and 4k/60fps (h265,264) can be read freely. If the TV requires formatting the sd card, then the video files must be transferred to an external hard drive or ssd and connect it to the TV via a USB cable.
Thanks!  This is the 1st positive reply I got.  Others stated it can't be done.I have a 65" 70Q 4K tv.  It's only 2 yrs old so one would think this capability is possible.
When I asked dji help desk, i was told to connect the rc2 to tv via hdmi cable but it has never been tested and may fail.
Guess I should call them the dji "helpless" desk.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

I'l be getting my m4p wednesday.  I just wanted all my notes so I have some good direction.
2023-11-18
Use props
Shrek 54
lvl.3
Estonia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-18 04:40
I'l be getting my m4p wednesday.  I just wanted all my notes so I have some good direction.

Glad I could help! I've been using the Mini 3pro for almost a year and I'm very happy with it. I'm a big nature enthusiast and this tiny drone is all I need to capture beautiful nature shots. I always use auto settings with 4k/60fps quality and I've never needed any ND filters. The only thing that occasionally there is an EV level to set, everything else is done automatically by the drone software and has never failed.
I wish you pleasant flight experiences!
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Shrek 54 Posted at 11-18 05:19
Glad I could help! I've been using the Mini 3pro for almost a year and I'm very happy with it. I'm a big nature enthusiast and this tiny drone is all I need to capture beautiful nature shots. I always use auto settings with 4k/60fps quality and I've never needed any ND filters. The only thing that occasionally there is an EV level to set, everything else is done automatically by the drone software and has never failed.

Did you buy that other short cable suggested in the video?  And you didn't need to use that Orion app the guy mentioned?  Just curious.

Also, I guess that would have been my other question.  You've found that you haven't had the need for nd filters or wide angle they always advertise?  There are Elk and other large game out here & was wanting to video/photo this.  Nice photos?  And how high up were you viewing?
2023-11-18
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Going via USB card reader, it is dependant on codecs.
The format you choose to record video in, and whether your TV supports that particular codec.
2023-11-18
Use props
Shrek 54
lvl.3
Estonia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-18 05:44
Did you buy that other short cable suggested in the video?  And you didn't need to use that Orion app the guy mentioned?  Just curious.

Also, I guess that would have been my other question.  You've found that you haven't had the need for nd filters or wide angle they always advertise?  There are Elk and other large game out here & was wanting to video/photo this.  Nice photos?  And how high up were you viewing?

Glad I could help! I've been using the Mini 3pro for almost a year and I'm very happy with it. I'm a big nature enthusiast and this tiny drone is all I need to capture beautiful nature shots. I always use auto settings with 4k/60fps quality and I've never needed any ND filters. The only thing that occasionally there is an EV level to set, everything else is done automatically by the drone software and has never failed.
View full quote

2023-11-18
Use props
Shrek 54
lvl.3
Estonia

Shrek 54 Posted at 11-18 06:55
Glad I could help! I've been using the Mini 3pro for almost a year and I'm very happy with it. I'm a big nature enthusiast and this tiny drone is all I need to capture beautiful nature shots. I always use auto settings with 4k/60fps quality and I've never needed any ND filters. The only thing that occasionally there is an EV level to set, everything else is done automatically by the drone software and has never failed.

USB adapters are also available without a cable (with a USB connector), a cable is required for an external hard drive. No additional equipment is required.
ND filters are necessary when using manual settings, in auto settings they are pointless because the software does it for you and better than some people think. There are many people who think they can set the camera better if it is done at the factory, but they are wrong.
I never use a wide-angle lens because it can create a fish-eye effect, which I do not tolerate.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-18 06:24
Going via USB card reader, it is dependant on codecs.
The format you choose to record video in, and whether your TV supports that particular codec.

I just got that ordered.  If it doesnt work, then I'll get cable.  As I mentioned, earlier, Dji seems to think it won't work.
2023-11-18
Use props
Shrek 54
lvl.3
Estonia

Sam654 Posted at 11-18 06:24
Going via USB card reader, it is dependant on codecs.

You are absolutely right, if the playback device does not support the video format and codec, then the adapter is useless. I personally searched for over a year before I found a TV that can play 4k/60fps video. My older TV can only play 4k/30fps video
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Shrek 54 Posted at 11-18 06:57
USB adapters are also available without a cable (with a USB connector), a cable is required for an external hard drive. No additional equipment is required.
ND filters are necessary when using manual settings, in auto settings they are pointless because the software does it for you and better than some people think. There are many people who think they can set the camera better if it is done at the factory, but they are wrong.
I never use a wide-angle lens because it can create a fish-eye effect, which I do not tolerate.

Understand. Thanks!
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Shrek 54 Posted at 11-18 07:17
You are absolutely right, if the playback device does not support the video format and codec, then the adapter is useless. I personally searched for over a year before I found a TV that can play 4k/60fps video. My older TV can only play 4k/30fps video

I have a sony uhd blue ray that plays 4k 60 movies (unsure why they labeled it bluray) but there aren't many that are in 60fps.  If anything, i guess i can use the sony to paly on tv.
Also, due to my ignorance, I learned that the M4P also has sd slot.  I suppose the drone footage would be better due to raw video/pics vs dashboard on rc2, right?  Or am I thinking about this wrong?
2023-11-18
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-18 07:47
I have a sony uhd blue ray that plays 4k 60 movies (unsure why they labeled it bluray) but there aren't many that are in 60fps.  If anything, i guess i can use the sony to paly on tv.
Also, due to my ignorance, I learned that the M4P also has sd slot.  I suppose the drone footage would be better due to raw video/pics vs dashboard on rc2, right?  Or am I thinking about this wrong?

Typically you would put a Micro SD into the drone and it will record video and photos to that. That is the full quality footage you want.
The RC holds a cache which is not full quality, I think it's only for playback and review of shots on location.
Also handy if you lose the drone, as you may have a recording of what happened, as well as the flight logs.
So you take the SD from the drone, put that into a USB reader and plug that into the TV, which may or may not work.
I use a card reader to transfer to my PC, I find it less cumbersome than plugging the drone itself in.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-18 08:03
Typically you would put a Micro SD into the drone and it will record video and photos to that. That is the full quality footage you want.
The RC holds a cache which is not full quality, I think it's only for playback and review of shots on location.
Also handy if you lose the drone, as you may have a recording of what happened, as well as the flight logs.

Would a 128gb sd be neded for controller, then, or will the 2gb internal suffice?
2023-11-18
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-18 09:54
Would a 128gb sd be neded for controller, then, or will the 2gb internal suffice?

I put a 128gb in my controller simply because I had one spare. But it doesn't use anywhere near as much as that, so far, you would likely get away with a smaller one. There are settings to manage the amount of chached data retained.
As I said, the card in the RC is optional, so I imagine people can get by without one. But may be worthwhile if you are taking screen recordings.
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules