Ronin-M Firmware update 1.2->1.3 Issues POLL
2437 10 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

So to get and idea of how many of Ronin-M users who have update from the 1.20 to latest 1.30 with or without issues.

As many others i upgraded my Ronin-M and got much harsher movement almost choppy.

Single SelectVote, Total 5 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

0.00% (0)
100.00% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Thanks for your kindly suggestion, if any guys have the issue, please send your email to support@dji.com
We will help you fix it, thanks a lot!

DJI-Cathy
2015-9-8
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-8 14:29
Thanks for your kindly suggestion, if any guys have the issue, please send your email to
We will he ...

hello Cathy..any progress/feedback about issues with latest update for M? Have you managed to reproduce any issues by your side?
2015-9-11
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-8 13:29
Thanks for your kindly suggestion, if any guys have the issue, please send your email to
We will he ...

Thanx Cathy but that is simple not enough, there are several users who have this issue. Rolling back a version is only a temporary solution. For future firmware upgrades you need to sort this out, and you need to inform your customers.

Products like this is mainly used by professionals and as such we rely on these tools for our living. Having the tool "break" (become useless) when you upgrade the firmware is of course not acceptable.

If i have the time in the coming week i will post a comparison between the firmwares.

Regards
Paul L.
2015-9-13
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Why can't they post the option on the site for the older firmware. Both Macintosh and Windows. I am wanting to go back to the firmware that everyone was happy with. I am a new user and just recently bought the Ronin M, I love it, but it is a PIA when it starts to roll to one side during a take..Are there any external sites to find the older firmware that worked properly? I would really appreciate. If it ain't broke why fix it. At least do not make it worse trying to fix it like supposedly has happened with the latest firmware updates... That makes no sense at all. Have they recognized there is a problem and trying to fix it?
Thanks
EK
2015-9-14
Use props
brandon.m.obey
lvl.1

Canada

I think they need to take some lessons from Blackmagic Design and Panasonic. Those 2 companies customer service has been A-1 in my experience.
2015-9-18
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

I think most companies will look good in comparison to DJI.
2015-9-28
Use props
denis.zen
New
Italy

Hi Paul,
last week I bought a Ronin m and I can't get it working properly. The movement is everything but smooth. I upgraded to IMU 1.4 and GCU 1.2 firmware. You said downgrade to previous solves the problem. Can you please tell me how to do? This is my email:

denis.zen@zenwebvideo.it

Thanks
Denis
2015-10-12
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

HI Denis did you get it sorted ?

The latest firmware seemed to have sorted most the jerky/choppy movement, but it brought some other issues instead...

I returned my Ronin-M, it's way to much hassle with it for me to be able to rely on it.

2015-10-23
Use props
bengalpictures
lvl.1

Bangladesh

is there any tutorial for firmware update ?
2015-12-26
Use props
JoshuOne
New

United States

Post from another thread:
Hi, Customer Service refuses to share the older firmware, very annoying given that a solution exists to the drift problem... I mean, at least let us as consumers decide which of the firmwares works best for us... from the email:
"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Support. We recommend operating your DJI Product at the latest firmware. If you are experiencing drift, please check your balance readings and perform a system calibration.
If the issue persists, we are happy to assist you with an RMA.
Best regards,
DJI Support"
And the annoying thing is that they don't really 'recommend' they insist!
Their only solution is to send the gimbal in, not even to try to see if what worked for you all could possibly work for me, like their software is the world's first bug-free set of code...
Anyway, I digress...
Please, please someone share the older Ronin-M firmware and Gimbal software, DJI is okay with that, just so long as they aren't the ones sharing... ugh!
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules