DJI Mic 2 Availability
5734 35 2023-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Is there already an announcement about when the new DJI Mic 2 will be available?

We need a new set for the company and are wondering if we can wait for the Mic 2...
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Cpt. Joe. We cannot provide further information yet but please rest assured it will be available on DJI Store at a later date. Please check back for updates as it will be announced officially. Have a nice day.
2023-11-18
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 02:59
Hi, Cpt. Joe. We cannot provide further information yet but please rest assured it will be available on DJI Store at a later date. Please check back for updates as it will be announced officially. Have a nice day.

Any word on availability of DJI Mic 2 yet?
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

smallWstudio4 Posted at 11-28 06:20
Any word on availability of DJI Mic 2 yet?

Hi. It is not yet available. The release plan for DJI Mic 2 is not yet announced. Please stay tuned to our official website for further updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-29
Use props
wrthomas2267
lvl.1
United States

Any word yet? Those of us that could only get the Pocket 3 standalone without the creator kit have been left out in the cold and the internal mic isn't that great.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wrthomas2267 Posted at 12-11 07:31
Any word yet? Those of us that could only get the Pocket 3 standalone without the creator kit have been left out in the cold and the internal mic isn't that great.

Hi. Not announced yet. Rest assured it is confirmed it will be available on the DJI Store at a later date. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-11
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well since they added support to the action 4 it's probably going to be sooner than later :-)
2023-12-12
Use props
geo.
lvl.4

United States

snorkel Posted at 12-12 12:38
Well since they added support to the action 4 it's probably going to be sooner than later :-)

I'm headed to CES 2024 and have been searching for a Mic 2 since I bought the Pocket 3. I didn't think it would be an issue if I got the base kit and purchased a Mic 2 but I'm guessing that the supply is super constrained - meaning our friends at DJI did not forecast the success profile and demand that has developed. Seems including a Mic 2 in the creators kit is a preferred sale vs  folks with a need for a Mic 2 or even a second Mic 2 for interviews. Likely will eventually become available but won't be helping. me for CES 2024.
Maybe DJI can sell me one at the show?
Best,
geo
2023-12-12
Use props
Bruka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19862 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It would be helpful if DJI could at least publish a "expected releas roadmap" like "Q1 2024" or similar.... so those of us (corporate media pros and lots of youtubers) with gear purchasing plans can figure out if to wait or go ahead and drop DJI for another brand.
2023-12-14
Use props
geo.
lvl.4

United States

Bruka Posted at 12-14 03:27
It would be helpful if DJI could at least publish a "expected releas roadmap" like "Q1 2024" or similar.... so those of us (corporate media pros and lots of youtubers) with gear purchasing plans can figure out if to wait or go ahead and drop DJI for another brand.

+1 on that idea.
Some guidance would be helpful.
Doubt however now that Ill be using a Mic 2 at CES.
My success with an alternate brand WIFI mic and the Pocket 3 via USB-C has been a bit wonky.
Might go post sync.
The whole situation is annoying given the silence since the launch.
Love the camera.
Communication not so much.
Availability of product a bit of a stone wall & fail.
DJI help...
2023-12-14
Use props
HarleyMaDDin
New

Germany

I find it very unfortunate that the DJI MIC 1 is not compatible with the OSMO Pocket 3. For this reason I had to send the DJI MIC 1 back. As a YouTuber in particular, I need two microphones to be able to conduct interviews.
I have now connected the Rode Wireless Go II to my OSMO Pocket 3 (Kreativ Combo Version) and it works perfectly. Of course it's annoying that you have to connect the transmitter via USB-C, but it's better that way than using the internal micro. I am also eagerly waiting for the DJI MIC 2 set and hope that it will be available soon. You could perhaps have brought both onto the market at the same time, but then you would probably have missed the Christmas business.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bruka Posted at 12-14 03:27

Hi, there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Rest assured that we'll voice out your feedback to our relevant team for awareness.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

geo. Posted at 12-14 09:08
+1 on that idea.
Some guidance would be helpful.
Doubt however now that Ill be using a Mic 2 at CES.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the specific problem you encountered?
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HarleyMaDDin Posted at 12-15 00:08
I find it very unfortunate that the DJI MIC 1 is not compatible with the OSMO Pocket 3. For this reason I had to send the DJI MIC 1 back. As a YouTuber in particular, I need two microphones to be able to conduct interviews.
I have now connected the Rode Wireless Go II to my OSMO Pocket 3 (Kreativ Combo Version) and it works perfectly. Of course it's annoying that you have to connect the transmitter via USB-C, but it's better that way than using the internal micro. I am also eagerly waiting for the DJI MIC 2 set and hope that it will be available soon. You could perhaps have brought both onto the market at the same time, but then you would probably have missed the Christmas business.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Osmo Pocket 3 does not support a direct connection to DJI Mic. It needs to be used with the DJI Mic Receiver plugged in. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2023-12-15
Use props
geo.
lvl.4

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-15 00:55
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the specific problem you encountered?

Sure,
Specrtacular camera
So impressed with image quality and functionality
Love the larger photosites vs megapixels

I have a 2 microphone + receiver set fro a small company Singke
The mics are about half the size of the current DJI units
The receiver has both USB-C and Lightning connector on the case
They worked just fine on an earlier iPhone thru Lightning and now works perfectly on USB-C on my new iPhone 15
When I plug it into the Pocket 3, it activates the green db indicator in either USB-C direction
However when I attempt to play back the video to check quality the sound is silenced
The volume indicator is on 100% but there is no audio
Cycled the volume up and down no change
In fact any other sound is silenced going forward
I found a reference to a long press off reset procedure and after rebooting the Pocket 3 the sound returns even to the clip recorded with the Singke Unit

So while it ultimately is recording the fact that replay for a quick check means actually rebooting the camera is not really a procedure I can imagine doing in the heat of capturing footage at CES.

I'd buy a new DJI Mic 1 if it was compatible but since the functionality of the Mic 2 is so higher and the convenience of 2 supported mics without an accessory receiver that makes no sense.

So you perhaps see my dilemma
Can't get the Mic 2 either 1 unit better 2 units and my current serviceable mic set has limited compatibility with the specific USB-C input situation of the Pocket 3.

The logic of buying something I don't want because the supply chain of the Mic 2 is constrained is really making me rethink the whole equipment package I'll take to CES.

Was trying to avoid a full gimbal rig but might just go back to iPhone and put the Pocket 3 on a shelf till next year
Kinda dissapointing
Best,
geo
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2VXsphuhIHbq
New

United Kingdom

What is the holdup for the new mic release we are all waiting can you give a direct answer please
1-6 10:58
Use props
djiuser_ISdxFBnAnphd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any update? I bought the pocket 3 thinking I could buy all accessories at a later date, it's been a long time.
1-9 07:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2VXsphuhIHbq Posted at 1-6 10:58
What is the holdup for the new mic release we are all waiting can you give a direct answer please

Hi. It will be available to be sold separately. The date has not yet been announced but rest assured it will be out soon. We appreciate your patience.
1-9 22:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ISdxFBnAnphd Posted at 1-9 07:40
Any update? I bought the pocket 3 thinking I could buy all accessories at a later date, it's been a long time.

Hi there. No update about the release yet. Please keep posted by visiting the DJI Official website as any updates will be announced there officially. We appreciate your patience.
1-9 22:14
Use props
djiuser_ISdxFBnAnphd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-9 22:14
Hi there. No update about the release yet. Please keep posted by visiting the DJI Official website as any updates will be announced there officially. We appreciate your patience.

That's all we keep hearing, might have to pick up a rode mic.
1-10 03:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ISdxFBnAnphd Posted at 1-10 03:49
That's all we keep hearing, might have to pick up a rode mic.

Sorry about the inconvenience. We want to assure you that it will be available soon. We can't provide the exact date yet. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-13 02:35
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

There are 'rumour' sites claiming a January 17 release.... with images of the new receiver...
1-13 08:20
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 1-13 08:20
There are 'rumour' sites claiming a January 17 release.... with images of the new receiver...

Details with (leaked) pictures
1-15 07:41
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

https://twitter.com/Quadro_News/ ... 48811364679/photo/1
1-16 02:23
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

1-16 02:23
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

1-16 02:24
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

1-16 02:30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

1-16 02:31
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 1-16 02:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqG_CxiUxts&ab_channel=FredoHeavy

Unfortunately this guy is just clickbait
1-16 02:40
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

LeMagnifique Posted at 1-16 02:40
Unfortunately this guy is just clickbait

Sorry...
didn't know.
1-16 05:20
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Well it's available now.

Thinking of picking up a transmitter or two. For my use i.e. on a moto, I don't see the point in the receiver.
1-17 05:36
Use props
djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB
lvl.2

Spain

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-17 05:36
Well it's available now.

Thinking of picking up a transmitter or two. For my use i.e. on a moto, I don't see the point in the receiver.

If just for use with the Pocket 3 or Action 4, no. Not much point. If you need to use it with other cameras and devices though, possibly. I just ordered the pearl white to go with our existing black one for use with the OA3 and Pocket 3.
1-17 06:13
Use props
Bee_a_Biker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9199 ft
Czechia

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-17 05:36
Well it's available now.

Thinking of picking up a transmitter or two. For my use i.e. on a moto, I don't see the point in the receiver.

I want them for my bike vlogs too! But it seems, that you have connect only one Mic2 to Action 4.. thats a shame.. and it looks like the Mic 2 itself doesn't have a timecode, so it will be more work to sync the two audios if i record from one Mic2 connect to Action 2 and second Mic2 to his internal memory and after that sync it in video editing app :/
1-17 06:15
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
Spain

Bee_a_Biker Posted at 1-17 06:15
I want them for my bike vlogs too! But it seems, that you have connect only one Mic2 to Action 4.. thats a shame.. and it looks like the Mic 2 itself doesn't have a timecode, so it will be more work to sync the two audios if i record from one Mic2 connect to Action 2 and second Mic2 to his internal memory and after that sync it in video editing app :/

I'm not concerned with syncing in post, as it's pretty much just one or two clicks these days. But then I'm not making a ton of video, so your use case could very well be different.

When on the bike I press the horn and use that as a point of reference for the software to automatically sync audio.
1-19 09:04
Use props
Bee_a_Biker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9199 ft
Czechia

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-19 09:04
I'm not concerned with syncing in post, as it's pretty much just one or two clicks these days. But then I'm not making a ton of video, so your use case could very well be different.

When on the bike I press the horn and use that as a point of reference for the software to automatically sync audio.

Horn! thats so simple and clever.. thanks, thats the easiest way to do it and I didn't think of it :-D
1-20 02:40
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

rx for me is my primary camera that has a hot show no bluetooth, something DJI did not think of adding a hot shoe connection so here we go DJI mic3
1-20 04:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules