565 7 2023-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It you be nice to have a pre-recording for perhaps 2 to 5 sec.
2023-11-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That might have to be time-limited as it would probably have the same impact on the battery and on the heating-up as if it was recording normally.  In other words, if you thought something might happen in the next minute, enable pre-recording.  But it would drop out after a minute.  Or whatever time was thought to be viable.  These days, with the ease of editing and the substantial size of the memory cards, perhaps just hitting record is all that's needed - if you like, infinite pre-record, not just a few seconds (chop out what isn't required later).  Or maybe I'm being unimaginative.
2023-11-19
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

To record every time ist timeconsuming in post. You will not do as a pro
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We do appreciate sharing your idea with us. We will forward your suggestion for future reference. Thank you for your support!
2023-11-19
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

They are not going to add it because this camera cannot do that nor is it designed for it.

But still, although that option would be great, the Pocket 3's CPU is weak and can't handle it.
2023-11-21
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's more a feature for action cameras, where you don't want to miss a sudden action shot etc. Not really what the Pocket 3 is designed to do.
2023-11-21
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

IftiBashir Posted at 11-21 03:41
That's more a feature for action cameras, where you don't want to miss a sudden action shot etc. Not really what the Pocket 3 is designed to do.

No, most of my pro cams have this. But if you don't need it, don't use it ;-))
2023-11-21
Use props
Nerdworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 645144 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EnTuMente Posted at 2023-11-21 01:16
They are not going to add it because this camera cannot do that nor is it designed for it.

But still, although that option would be great, the Pocket 3's CPU is weak and can't handle it.

Pre-recording feature isn't limited by the cameras CPU but of RAM instead (and i'm btw pretty sure they use almost the same SOCs for all of DJIs cameras) - the Osmo Pocket 3 features a 16 GB on-board RAM/memory (which you can easily identify in a teardown), which is more than enough for building a buffer of several seconds.

And the usecase is pretty simple: let's say you are filming something like a animals (i often film horses for example). You don't want to collect several minutes of video where nothing interesting happens.
2-11 09:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules