Canada

2023-11-19
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hmmmmm
The black mist filter is nice in certain scenarios, but it makes the lights etc a little too blurry for my liking. The more I see it the more I'm thinking it's not for me.........
2023-11-20
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-20 02:04
hmmmmm
The black mist filter is nice in certain scenarios, but it makes the lights etc a little too blurry for my liking. The more I see it the more I'm thinking it's not for me.........

Hi, I totally share your opinion. This effect is nice when you have for example 1 or 2 light spots, but if there are more lights sources, the effect is too much and it is like the lens is dirty with fog.
2023-11-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI say that the filter value is 1/4 but to me, it looks significantly stronger than my 1/4 filters on my mirrorless cameras.
2023-11-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Xavier1984 Posted at 11-20 02:42
Hi, I totally share your opinion. This effect is nice when you have for example 1 or 2 light spots, but if there are more lights sources, the effect is too much and it is like the lens is dirty with fog.

Looks like something wrong, lots of yellow. Freewell do a night filter that gets rid of that yellow I have used them with night photo shooting and they really make a difference.
2023-11-20
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xavier1984 Posted at 11-20 02:42

Exactly this!
2023-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting low light footage.  I'm thinking the Black Mist Filter doesn't work so well in this scenario.
2023-11-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lower value would work, but unfortunately, DJI only make the one at 1/4 strength. It looks stronger than that to me. 1/8 might be a bit more subtle..
2023-11-20
Use props
Valerie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293930 ft
Canada

Glad I posted this for you all to see and make up your mind if the filter is for you or not.
I don't have any experience with any other mist filters, so I can't speak to that.
Will keep posting more footage in the near future when we get out again...
2023-11-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Valerie Posted at 11-20 11:28
Glad I posted this for you all to see and make up your mind if the filter is for you or not.
I don't have any experience with any other mist filters, so I can't speak to that.
Will keep posting more footage in the near future when we get out again...

Thanks Valerie. We should have thanked you for posting. It was certainly useful to see what it’s doing. It looks very strong to me. Not like my beloved Glimmerglass! The Cinebloom filters do similar and give more 'blooming' for the filter value quoted as well but they use percentage values.

Does it look soft in daylight without lights showing? Glimmerglass effects virtually disappear in more normal conditions and the picture just looks less digital but that looks like it might be quite obvious.
2023-11-20
Use props
VanCityValkyrie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293930 ft
Canada

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-20 11:48
Thanks Valerie. We should have thanked you for posting. It was certainly useful to see what it’s doing. It looks very strong to me. Not like my beloved Glimmerglass! The Cinebloom filters do similar and give more 'blooming' for the filter value quoted as well but they use percentage values.

Does it look soft in daylight without lights showing? Glimmerglass effects virtually disappear in more normal conditions and the picture just looks less digital but that looks like it might be quite obvious.

We have to do more testing during daytime with the mist filter. We bought it especially for these night time shots with lost of lights everywhere.

Sorry about the confusion... when opening my account here I typed in the name of my motorcycle.
My name is Chris ;-) And when I talk about "we" I mean me and my partner. She's the creative one, I just post it all.
2023-11-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Chris. The mist filters can be quite variable and even the same value on different focal length lenses changes. It really looks to me like a strong filter which is a shame because I can leave my Glimmerglass on most of the time with no real nasties. Lights at night will show more though with all of those highlights.

I would love a filter to soften my Action 4 footage, so that it might ‘blend’ a little better with footage from other cameras because it is pretty pin sharp.
2023-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's a very specific look for sure.
2023-12-30
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoyed the video!  It reminded me of all my years growing up and living in Seattle.  We don't see that kind of weather much down here in Texas.  

I also liked seeing the effect of the mist filter.  It would be nice to see an on/off comparison in the same conditions and also with the LPR (light pollution) filter.
2023-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules