550 16 2023-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick.lai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37333 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I am a loyal DJI supported and recently i bought Osmo Pocket 3 (OP3). In the midst of excitement, i tested the OP3 and tried charging...it didn't charge.  

OP3 and accessories arrived and tried 'em out. When i attached the 30W fast charger, it didnt charge.  (); We had thought it was the OP3 that was faulty, sent back the ....but at the end, after 10 days, we finally isolate the problem to the fast charger faulty. Initial diagnosis was wrong and resulted out of pocket expenses, in additional to the OP3 purchase price.  

During these 14 days correspondance with DJI Support, Coco, DJI rep manager deserve compliment: she (assumed is she) was extremely patient, reasonable, and tacfully handle my case and complaint. At the end, i got what i wanted, additional out of pocket expenses in store credits.
I thank DJI support team and a shout out to Coco for a job welldone!

Rick

2023-11-19
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

First, you should edit the title of your post (poor customer response :-)
Should read "customer support response"?

So is the 30w charger the problem? And there is no  charger included in the package,
so was it a problem of the Osmo Pocket or your charger?

The import tax issue seems to be a problem in Singapore, here in Europe, we do not
have tax-issues for replacements.
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Rick, I am sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with us, I understand your feelings.
Just to double confirm, the Osmo Pocket 3 is able to get charged via the other charger, right?
Regarding your feedback about the DJI Credits for the charger, please rest assured, it covers the shipping so if you use the coupon and place the order in DJI Store, you don't need to pay the shipping fee.
For the clearance, I will also talk to our managerial team again, and will keep you updated via the email, thank you for your patience.
2023-11-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Customer Support is normally excellent. I had a problem with Mimo and my phone and the poor customer service rep was talking to me live on a phone for ages in order to try and help. She was really patient and waited while the phone reacted to see what happened. So if there is a problem with something, they’re normally great at helping out.
2023-11-20
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From what I can gather from your post, the actual item itself was fine - it was the charger that was at fault. Hence if you sent an item back and it turned out the said item was fine, and the issue was user error (in your case, your charger not working properly), then why would the business pick up any costs associated with it? Import tax is not something charged by DJI, its by your local authorities via the courier. DJI do not see a single penny of it.

In this case, should DJI refund you anything it would be a goodwill gesture, not because they have to.....
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 11-19 23:52
Hi Rick, I am sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with us, I understand your feelings.
Just to double confirm, the Osmo Pocket 3 is able to get charged via the other charger, right?
Regarding your feedback about the DJI Credits for the charger, please rest assured, it covers the shipping so if you use the coupon and place the order in DJI Store, you don't need to pay the shipping fee.

Thank you Susan, and will take note of that free freight even on a small item. Appreciate you look into the tax issue.
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 11-19 23:52

Thank you Susan, and will take note of that free freight even on a small item. Appreciate you look into the tax issue.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rick.lai Posted at 11-20 02:30
Thank you Susan, and will take note of that free freight even on a small item. Appreciate you look into the tax issue.

It is my pleasure. Would you mind sending the tax bill receipt via email in case it is needed? Thank you very much.
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

UweE Posted at 11-19 22:20
First, you should edit the title of your post (poor customer response :-)
Should read "customer support response"?

thanks for your suggestion on the title. I have changed it. I assume it is the 30W fast charger problem.

I bought the 30W fast charger in conjunction with Osmo Pocket 3. Thus, the package did contain this DJI fast charger.
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-20 00:25
DJI Customer Support is normally excellent. I had a problem with Mimo and my phone and the poor customer service rep was talking to me live on a phone for ages in order to try and help. She was really patient and waited while the phone reacted to see what happened. So if there is a problem with something, they’re normally great at helping out.

yes. I had in the past had excellent customer experience.... but unfortunately, not this time.
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

IftiBashir Posted at 11-20 01:54
From what I can gather from your post, the actual item itself was fine - it was the charger that was at fault. Hence if you sent an item back and it turned out the said item was fine, and the issue was user error (in your case, your charger not working properly), then why would the business pick up any costs associated with it? Import tax is not something charged by DJI, its by your local authorities via the courier. DJI do not see a single penny of it.

In this case, should DJI refund you anything it would be a goodwill gesture, not because they have to.....

i can see your rationale on the matter. Here are other views,                                                                           
       1) had they sent a good working condition products, this would not have happened.
       2) I am a first timer using Osmo Pocket 3; when it didn't work and i contacted the customer service, the customer service could have isolate that problem and suggested i test the OP3 fast charger....but didn't.  
       3) When i received the OP3, DJI had paid the import tax. This is an item sent back, repair, and sent back to customer. DJI should have known a double tax levied on the same item. After all, it began with a faulty product... that trigger this incident.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rick.lai Posted at 11-20 03:54
i can see your rationale on the matter. Here are other views,                                                                           
       1) had they sent a good working condition products, this would not have happened.
       2) I am a first timer using Osmo Pocket 3; when it didn't work and i contacted the customer service, the customer service could have isolate that problem and suggested i test the OP3 fast charger....but didn't.  

Sorry to hear about this, Rick. We'll keep an eye to your case from the team to further assist you regarding the matter. Anticipating your patience.
2023-11-20
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i can see your rationale on the matter. Here are other views,                                                                           

1. The product was in a good working condition - it was your charger that was at fault, which does not come with the said product. It’s a separate accessory completely.
2. Yes they could have suggested trying another charger, but again, thats outside of the standard package. Personally, the first thing I would do is try another charger to ensure thats not the issue - not just with the OP3, but any electronic item.
3. I agree you should not have to pay the tax a second time. You have already paid it once with the purchase. However, this is an issue you should take up with customs in your country. DJI are not to know that your country of residence would charge another customs charge - hence I still believe if DJI are to issue you a refund of these charges it is down to goodwill, but they are not obliged to.

Hope you get the outcome you require ;)
2023-11-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

i can see your rationale on the matter. Here are other views,                                                                           

But have multiple DJI device (including a Pocket 1) so you should have multiple USB charger available. Knowing that if you have to send the unit back, you'll loss time of use and may have problem with import duty. Isn't the obvious thing to do is to try another USB charger before thinking that the fault is with the OP3? Just trying another power source or even using the USB port on your computer would be shown you that the OP3 is charging fine. I'm also sure you have other device that charge via USB and it would be easy to try to charge them with the 30W charger. It would probably take less time to do all that than arrange for a return of the OP3 in the first place and would have save you all your grief.
2023-11-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It could be the charger or the cable used, but it seems like it was the charger this time.
Hope you will get satisfied since OP3 is just an amazing gimbal-camera
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

IftiBashir Posted at 11-20 08:51
1. The product was in a good working condition - it was your charger that was at fault, which does not come with the said product. It’s a separate accessory completely.
2. Yes they could have suggested trying another charger, but again, thats outside of the standard package. Personally, the first thing I would do is try another charger to ensure thats not the issue - not just with the OP3, but any electronic item.
3. I agree you should not have to pay the tax a second time. You have already paid it once with the purchase. However, this is an issue you should take up with customs in your country. DJI are not to know that your country of residence would charge another customs charge - hence I still believe if DJI are to issue you a refund of these charges it is down to goodwill, but they are not obliged to.

i think you may have misunderstood. The charger sent by DJI was at fault. It is a DJI charger that wasn't charging. I do hope to get the outcome i want. thx
2023-11-20
Use props
Rick.lai
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Wiz33 Posted at 11-20 09:58
But have multiple DJI device (including a Pocket 1) so you should have multiple USB charger available. Knowing that if you have to send the unit back, you'll loss time of use and may have problem with import duty. Isn't the obvious thing to do is to try another USB charger before thinking that the fault is with the OP3? Just trying another power source or even using the USB port on your computer would be shown you that the OP3 is charging fine. I'm also sure you have other device that charge via USB and it would be easy to try to charge them with the 30W charger. It would probably take less time to do all that than arrange for a return of the OP3 in the first place and would have save you all your grief.

lesson learnt!
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules