1038 19 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi when avata was released first I tried to buy but waiting time was just too long so I gave it a miss. I did however at the time get a combo with batteries x2 and bought a RC. So was just wondering what package to buy which goggles etc, its my first dive into this type of drone so complete beginner although been flying camera drones for 9 years. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
2023-11-20
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got mine (bought on 30% off deal). First impression (haven't flown yet)- for something with THREE batteries that need charging (aircraft, goggles, and controller), WTF does it not come with a SINGLE FREEKING CHARGER? Even the FlyMore combo w/ 2 batts and a multi (serial) charging bar doesn't come w/ an actual charger.... Lame.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here about the DJI Avata. You may want to check the DJI Goggles Integra in combination with the DJI Avata as it adds an integrated battery headband, making it more convenient to wear, and the touch panel has been replaced with physical buttons. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-20
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think it's not a bad choice at 30 % off with the goggles. It's a pretty easy way into fpv and if you like it and "master" manual mode you can "graduate" to a "real" fpv drone or just stay with the Avata or just continue flying Normal and Sport modes which are pretty much exactly (as easy) as with Mavics...I'd definitely get the remote controller 2 though. That banana thing is not for me.
2023-11-20
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I love my Avata and have no regrets about getting it (wish I had been able to get mine at 30% off LOL!!!) I highly recommend getting DJI Care Refresh with it though if you intend on flying it in manual mode. As you can see here on the Avata forum, there are issues with operating it in manual mode (I do believe it's related to crashes....even minor ones). Unfortunately, even the best FPV pilots crash.....which is why I recommend DJI Care Refresh.
2023-11-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 11-20 11:44
Just got mine (bought on 30% off deal). First impression (haven't flown yet)- for something with THREE batteries that need charging (aircraft, goggles, and controller), WTF does it not come with a SINGLE FREEKING CHARGER? Even the FlyMore combo w/ 2 batts and a multi (serial) charging bar doesn't come w/ an actual charger.... Lame.

Everyone on the planet has a charger.  Next step, stop polluting the world with useless USB-C charging cables.

If it comes down to DJI choosing the charger, putting it in the box, charging me extra money or, reduce the price of the kit, let me choose my own charger or share the one I most likely already have....I choose the latter.
2023-11-21
Use props
YangChaoLi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691066 ft
United States

I think the Avata is all about having fun. I decided on it because of the immersive feel of FPV and thought it would be good enough for shots if I ever wanted to make that my focus. It is my first drone and am still happy with it 8 months later. It has it's quirks for sure as you can find plenty of those discussions on this forum but at 30% off it's a good deal. Just beware that a sale of that size normally foreshadows an upgrade in the near future. I personally like the motion controller, having used both versions of it, and think it's great to get started with. The only reason I have a RC2 now is to start trying tricks and more advanced camera shots that you can't do with the motion controller but by no means do you need the RC2 to have fun.

2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YangChaoLi Posted at 11-22 11:18
I think the Avata is all about having fun. I decided on it because of the immersive feel of FPV and thought it would be good enough for shots if I ever wanted to make that my focus. It is my first drone and am still happy with it 8 months later. It has it's quirks for sure as you can find plenty of those discussions on this forum but at 30% off it's a good deal. Just beware that a sale of that size normally foreshadows an upgrade in the near future. I personally like the motion controller, having used both versions of it, and think it's great to get started with. The only reason I have a RC2 now is to start trying tricks and more advanced camera shots that you can't do with the motion controller but by no means do you need the RC2 to have fun.

Agreed, it is certainly a good first drone and honestly, you can spend the first year only in sports mode learning to fly better before graduating to manual mode.  It may seem like you won't ever get to the point where you can fly like you see in the videos but after starting out on the simulator and then later practice practice practice in the field, you'll be amazed and wonder why you didn't get into this sooner.  Be prepared to share and sacrifice your camera drone time with FPV if it doesn't outright takeover completely.
2023-11-22
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just do it!!!!  I've had over 10 DJI drones in the last 13 years, I always wanted to try FPV flying but I didn't want to spend the $1200+ on the Avata in case I didn't like it. Boy I sure glad I bought it. I've been having the greatest time flying it, More than any other drone I've ever owned. I started with the pro view combo, but returned it after I found out that the goggles 2, didn't have GPS built into them, and would have to have my phone tethered to them. Exchanged it for the explorer combo with the Integra goggles (GPS Built in) Miles of smiles.........
2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have the Explorer combo in my cart for $792 OTD (includes shipping/tax)....no brainer if I didn't already have one.
2023-11-24
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Amazing I’m ordering the the integra and thanks to everyone who chipped in. It’s about fun for me now. I had earlier bought a combo set and a RC so i should be well equipped thanks again.
2023-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Avata with GoPro Hero 11 mounted on top (this is not my video):

2023-11-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-21 16:18
Everyone on the planet has a charger.  Next step, stop polluting the world with useless USB-C charging cables.

If it comes down to DJI choosing the charger, putting it in the box, charging me extra money or, reduce the price of the kit, let me choose my own charger or share the one I most likely already have....I choose the latter.

When I spend > $1K on something it better damn well come with everything I need to use it. Yes, I have many many chargers, but most are dedicated to certain uses/systems.  I shouldn't need to scrounge my own chargers and cables for what should be a standalone system.
2023-12-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 12-8 22:49
When I spend > $1K on something it better damn well come with everything I need to use it. Yes, I have many many chargers, but most are dedicated to certain uses/systems.  I shouldn't need to scrounge my own chargers and cables for what should be a standalone system.

2023-12-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

mkay you go ahead and beat that drum all day if it makes you feel good.

look, for some items, it makes sense not to include a charger. for this kit it is clear we disagree on whether one should be included.

'nuff said.
2023-12-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

patiam Posted at 12-9 13:16
mkay you go ahead and beat that drum all day if it makes you feel good.

look, for some items, it makes sense not to include a charger. for this kit it is clear we disagree on whether one should be included.

I think it’s probably fair to say the world is stuffed with chargers and most of them wasted on idiots who cannot grasp the idea of being able to use 1 charger for two different devices. Millions of chargers littering the planet not being used for anything a complete waste of Human Resources for ignorant people . If you want to pay for a charger do but I have way to many and I don’t need to pay for another one. DJI gave you and me the choice thats fair you don’t impose on me I won’t impose on you. Hope your happy looking at all your chargers in your drawer
2023-12-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-9 14:00
I think it’s probably fair to say the world is stuffed with chargers and most of them wasted on idiots who cannot grasp the idea of being able to use 1 charger for two different devices. Millions of chargers littering the planet not being used for anything a complete waste of Human Resources for ignorant people . If you want to pay for a charger do but I have way to many and I don’t need to pay for another one. DJI gave you and me the choice thats fair you don’t impose on me I won’t impose on you. Hope your happy looking at all your chargers in your drawer

I think its probably fair to say that you need to learn how to have a discussion without throwing out thinly veiled insults.

And I'm not sure what choice you're referring to. I purchased a product. There was no option to include  a charger or not.

I knew it was a mistake posting in the non-enterprise forums.
2023-12-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

patiam Posted at 12-9 16:25
I think its probably fair to say that you need to learn how to have a discussion without throwing out thinly veiled insults.

And I'm not sure what choice you're referring to. I purchased a product. There was no option to include  a charger or not.

No you’re right there was no option , but you still had choices, don’t buy or buy your own charger. So you want one don’t force that on others don’t force the extra costs on those happy to use the many chargers they already have and don’t feel the need to litter the planet with more rubbish than it needs.

The fact is we now have the option to buy a charger or use the ones we already have is a system that makes real sense. This is common sense something I find very uncommon around here and this is probably the result of the thinly veiled insults .
2023-12-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The RID module I bought recently for use with non-compliant A/C did not come with a charger or cable. I thought nothing of it. Same with various other small accessories/devices costing < US $200.

The Avata FlyMore Combo cost around US $1500 even with the 30% discount, and has multiple items that need charging (controller, goggles, and A/C battery) in order to fly. A single run-of -the mill USB charger that everyone has "a drawer full of" is insufficient to charge all at once. So it's not about "buy a charger or use one that you have". It's more like "come up with 3 chargers or a multi-port charger solution unless you want to do all your charging serially". That is why I commented that DJI should include a charger capable of charging the batteries in the kit.

The choice of "don't buy the thing b/c it doesn't come with a charger" is laughable and a non-choice. I don't think anybody is going to base the decision of whether to buy something as significant as this on whether a charger is included. But that doesn't mean folks shouldn't wish one was included. And you can be assured that DJI is getting exactly what they think they can for the kit, price-wise, and not a penny less. The premise that they would raise the price in order to include a charger seems weak.

I don't know about "littering the planet" with chargers; I'm certainly not the one doing it. I use every charger I have, until they don't work any more, and then I dispose of them responsibly as e-waste. They're not "littering" anything, ever, at least as far as I can control it. If they must be disposed of early b/c they fail earlier than they should that is a manufacturing ethics issue.

Anyway I think we've made our opinions clear, and appreciate the civil exchange. It's great that we can all have our own version of "common" sense, eh?
2023-12-10
Use props
djiuser_TDLySdspUuzw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66729 ft

Netherlands

awesome drone but do realize you wil be flying in A3 category
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules