21156 73 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here is a review that claims that the new INSTA360 ACE PRO is the best camera of the year and compares it to the DJI Action 4 and GoPro 12. Unfortunately, the Action 4 performs much better in all situations. Only in the night shot is the video overexposed (presumably deliberately with the wrong settings)

2023-11-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

is it on sale right now in the hands of people or people that were given,  stay postive I say
2023-11-21
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

For still images resolution, Insta360 Ace Pro is at 48MP while Action 4 is only 10MP, so that's a big win for Ace Pro. The clarity zoom feature is also amazing.I also noticed that under low light conditions, for neon or illuminated signs, Action 4 tends to expose more highlights at the higher end of the spectrum, so maybe DJI can improve the HDR algorithm to reduce the highlights exposure at the higher end, while maintaining the midtones and shadows' exposure are they are. Observe the ship's 2 lightings in the background.
Test2.jpg
2023-11-21
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

FfoSuy Posted at 11-21 23:02
For still images resolution, Insta360 Ace Pro is at 48MP while Action 4 is only 10MP, so that's a big win for Ace Pro. The clarity zoom feature is also amazing.I also noticed that under low light conditions, for neon or illuminated signs, Action 4 tends to expose more highlights at the higher end of the spectrum, so maybe DJI can improve the HDR algorithm to reduce the highlights exposure at the higher end, while maintaining the midtones and shadows' exposure are they are. Observe the ship's 2 lightings in the background.

The more native megapixels the smaller the pixel size is in the sensor. It is totally not that simple with megapixels.

You can anyway export DNG raw file to 600 DPI if you want and set resolution what ever you want.

Any device can generate what ever pixel jpgs if coded to do that. The question is is there any sense?

Megapixels are just a game for sells guys and marketing term.

So it is not a big win for Ace Pro if you don't need straight out of the camera hi mpx JPGs. You can set batch process and export all raws to jpgs what ever settings you want.

But it is anyway a video camera.
2023-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

A paid reviewer will always say that the camera he is testing is the best of them all. You can also see insta360 themself commented on the video.
I haven't seen the video, but from another video Ace Pro in lowlight had best stabilization of them all.
2023-11-22
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 11-22 04:00
A paid reviewer will always say that the camera he is testing is the best of them all. You can also see insta360 themself commented on the video.
I haven't seen the video, but from another video Ace Pro in lowlight had best stabilization of them all.

I noticed that stabilization in low light too. I bet in marketing terms AI eats a lot power while doing that.

I like action cam to be small and Action 4 is the smallest of all with huge pixel size. Those are my priorities.

After Hero 6 all action cameras are bigger and heavier every year. Soon they are size of the normal camera Action 4 is the most compact.
2023-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

wonder if AI is the full video or just App applied, and well that cancle recording I wonder why DJI was not smart to use it Long press LOSE the recording.. Lol
2023-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Aavis Posted at 11-22 04:30
I noticed that stabilization in low light too. I bet in marketing terms AI eats a lot power while doing that.

I like action cam to be small and Action 4 is the smallest of all with huge pixel size. Those are my priorities.

I doesn't think Ace Pro use AI for lowlight or in any video modus until it is turned on. But we have to wait and see when some non paid reviewers get their unit.

Also I still wonder if Insta360 have finally managed to fix the audio sync problem that they have with their One R and One RS.
2023-11-22
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I can't agree here. The Insta is better in my opinion in a lot of shown features, thinking about selling the OA4 again now as long as it is still new.
I still cant believe we're crapping around with less than 10MP Photos on the OA4.

2023-11-22
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mizzu Posted at 11-22 09:28
I can't agree here. The Insta is better in my opinion in a lot of shown features, thinking about selling the OA4 again now as long as it is still new.
I still cant believe we're crapping around with less than 10MP Photos on the OA4.

You’re right going by the video the insta is far superior with its new chip . I’ve seen other comparisons and it looks like insta 360 ACE is the new king of action cameras…
You can't beat a bit of Leica my favorite camera..
2023-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

AI may be all applied after using the app, but yet to see a real reviewer talk about it
2023-11-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-22 10:40
AI may be all applied after using the app, but yet to see a real reviewer talk about it

One reviewer said that the night shots looked rough on screen and the ai cleaned it up on the fly ready for editing. So the camera is doing a lot of work and I’m guessing that it is fast because you are videoing at the same time.

Is there some kind of buffer? I think it works only up to 30fps though unsurprisingly.
2023-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you  that is interesting.
2023-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

You are right Ian, I heard one guy mention that Ace was the only camera that could do something like that directly.
2023-11-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 11-22 13:37
You are right Ian, I heard one guy mention that Ace was the only camera that could do something like that directly.

Yes. There’s some real technology in there for sure. Doing all that on the fly takes a lot of processing.

8k sounds fantastic but we might all need a new computer to run it!
2023-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-22 14:24
Yes. There’s some real technology in there for sure. Doing all that on the fly takes a lot of processing.

8k sounds fantastic but we might all need a new computer to run it!

I hope we will soon see some tests from ordinary customers that haven't been paid to see how good it is in low light and else.

8K is a bit overkill for video, still work great for zoom in post so one will not lose quality.
2023-11-22
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Just an example from an other video.  Much too bright image with the Action4, which of course leads to overexposure in some places and makes the image and stabilization worse overall.
So there is a lot of trickery to show the advantages of AI.  

What's wrong with his face? Is that a person or a doll?  Is there a blur filter on it?

And totally loses out to Pocket 3

Where exactly are the advantages again? At best, I can recognize only strongly artificial-looking shots.

2023-11-22
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Very strange testing action cameras but no action in the tests, maybe we might see action test later. Of course the pocket 3 wins hands down by a long way including sound, but its not an action camera and if it was put to a test on action the results would be a lot different. Pocket is not an action camera but can film some action.
2023-11-22
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 15:45
Very strange testing action cameras but no action in the tests, maybe we might see action test later. Of course the pocket 3 wins hands down by a long way including sound, but its not an action camera and if it was put to a test on action the results would be a lot different. Pocket is not an action camera but can film some action.

The point here is not the action, but rather the largely uselessness of AI optimization at insta360 cam.
2023-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Over time the AI becomes boring, its a Fad, like the 3-D cams. Insta  can not wait for the One X4, that is rumored in  2024
2023-11-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-23 01:01
The point here is not the action, but rather the largely uselessness of AI optimization at insta360 cam.

The point here is not the action, but rather the largely uselessness of AI optimization at  insta360 cam.

You posted a video with the heading.

INSTA ACE 360 V GO PRO 12 HERO BLACK V INSTA GO V ACTION 3.

You also posted a photo that shows nothing except a ridiculous comment about a filter, I can post a photo like this all I would need to do is apply excessive noise reduction and sharpness to the subject to achieve the same result. It has no bearing on anything and there is no data to say where it came from but I have seen plenty similar posted using all sorts of cameras.

The first video you posted clearly pronounced that the insta ace 360 was by far and away the best in the test carried out by the commentator , you just decided to ignore and put your own spin on it.

Regards the AI there are so many videos on line raving about the prospects of the AI on this camera and although a lot of them sponsored there are a lot of them highly trusted by a lot of people, I haven’t heard any refer to how useless the AI will be.

A video of an action camera with action and some clarity on AI features.
2023-11-23
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Personally for me, I do not mind a slightly larger and heavier camera if the output video and image quality is excellent. I 'm very sure that the higher 48MP pixel 1/1/3" sensor (same size as Osmo 4's 10MP sensor) has a huge advantage with rendering detail (higher resolution) coupled with the 5nm AI chip processor.The only thing that turned me off is the front lens which is not replaceable, so this is where I will stick to Action 4 for now.
Being an action camera, they should have considered this requirement in the design.
When I had the GoPro, I broke the front lens and fortunately, I had a spare to replace it on the spot.
For my action 4, I'll get a spare very soon.
2023-11-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FfoSuy Posted at 11-23 06:38
Personally for me, I do not mind a slightly larger and heavier camera if the output video and image quality is excellent. I 'm very sure that the higher pixel 1/1/3" sensor (same size as Osmo 4) has a huge advantage with rendering detail (resolution) coupled with the 5nm AI chip processor.

That’s all common sense , something thats not very common around here ;+)>>>
2023-11-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FfoSuy Posted at 11-23 06:38
Personally for me, I do not mind a slightly larger and heavier camera if the output video and image quality is excellent. I 'm very sure that the higher 48MP pixel 1/1/3" sensor (same size as Osmo 4's 10MP sensor) has a huge advantage with rendering detail (higher resolution) coupled with the 5nm AI chip processor.The only thing that turned me off is the front lens which is not replaceable, so this is where I will stick to Action 4 for now.
Being an action camera, they should have considered this requirement in the design.
When I had the GoPro, I broke the front lens and fortunately, I had a spare to replace it on the spot.

I think the term ‘action camera’ is beginning to get stretched more to a general rugged kind of camera that can resist dust and water for a wider range of videographers. Not just bikes, skiers, cars, sports etc.  Especially now that low light performance is being improved. Most sports don't really happen in the dark . So people who want a small, solid fixed focus camera have something to chuck in a bag to capture general shots.

This is a sponsored video, but he’s a great photographer. He's very inspirational and he shows a mini travel type video example at the start of his review (explains how he did it at the end), but the footage looks really impressive and less ‘action cam’ like than many……

2023-11-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-23 09:26
I think the term ‘action camera’ is beginning to get stretched more to a general rugged kind of camera that can resist dust and water for a wider range of videographers. Not just bikes, skiers, cars, sports etc.  Especially now that low light performance is being improved. Most sports don't really happen in the dark . So people who want a small, solid fixed focus camera have something to chuck in a bag to capture general shots.

This is a sponsored video, but he’s a great photographer. He's very inspirational and he shows a mini travel type video example at the start of his review (explains how he did it at the end), but the footage looks really impressive and less ‘action cam’ like than many……

Action , A thing that is DONE not merely thought or spoken about. That video is 90% action , just because it doesn’t involve sport doesn’t mean its  not an action camera. And a bloody good action camera it is. Lots of action happens in low light.
2023-11-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-23 10:09
Action , A thing that is DONE not merely thought or spoken about. That video is 90% action , just because it doesn’t involve sport doesn’t mean its  not an action camera. And a bloody good action camera it is. Lots of action happens in low light.

Oh I see.

Looks mostly like  a travel vlog to me.
2023-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

only camera company got the name right is DJI gopr does not say Action on it. nore does insta but dji does (GRIN)
2023-11-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 10:49
only camera company got the name right is DJI gopr does not say Action on it. nore does insta but dji does (GRIN)

Haha! Is that to excuse poor close focus on selfie shots?  (Just joking!)

I really enjoy Brandon Li’s  videos. I find him a real inspiration. He doesn't have attitudes. I really like the way he produces his travel videos and in this case, used the advantage of the camera's small size to get such a variation of shots. Then of course, the 'action' bit on the raft. I wouldn't be doing that with a traditional camera. But then, those are the real advantages of these mini cameras. Adds a really new element to your videos in terms of shot possibilities, which would be difficult with a more traditional camera.

I don't think he has much to do with DJI cameras really though, although he did one on the Pocket 3.

2023-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-23 11:06
Haha! Is that to excuse poor close focus on selfie shots?  (Just joking!)

I really enjoy Brandon Li’s  videos. I find him a real inspiration. He doesn't have attitudes. I really like the way he produces his travel videos and in this case, used the advantage of the camera's small size to get such a variation of shots. Then of course, the 'action' bit on the raft. I wouldn't be doing that with a traditional camera. But then, those are the real advantages of these mini cameras. Adds a really new element to your videos in terms of shot possibilities, which would be difficult with a more traditional camera.

I hear ya   I like the word Action on DJI   what I say , B.Lee is a great person  glad you enjoyed his work

FISH
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX
New

South Africa

Yet all other action cameras can shoot pictures without pressing a shutter button. Timed photos are on all cameras except on the Action 4. WTF
2023-11-28
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX Posted at 11-28 07:41
Yet all other action cameras can shoot pictures without pressing a shutter button. Timed photos are on all cameras except on the Action 4. WTF

Just RTFM....
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX
New

South Africa

Yes thanks for that but have you? Please show me how I can take a picture every 0.5 sec or every 1 sec.
If you can show me how, I'll go buy the Action 4 tomorrow. I'm well aware one can shoot timelapse videos (made up of hundreds of photos) but how can I give my clients a series of photos as apposed to a video without having to go and export photos from a video one at a time.

2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_rigdUinsGhLJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1089603 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Reviews from final users begin :

2023-11-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_rigdUinsGhLJ Posted at 11-29 01:27
Reviews from final users begin :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbF2X2Gwm0o

He made a good review to show the difference and OA4 is just great.
2023-11-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad I chose not to Buy
2023-11-29
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

And here is the low-light comparison. Absolutely no advantages on the insta.

2023-11-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Ace Pro have clearly better stabilization in low light, wish DJI could fix that in a firmware.
Else they are really close.
2023-11-29
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 11-29 06:44
Ace Pro have clearly better stabilization in low light, wish DJI could fix that in a firmware.
Else they are really close.

Better stabilization, but ugly image ;-)
2023-11-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-29 04:41
And here is the low-light comparison. Absolutely no advantages on the insta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPZE0jaTFQ

Wow this is just terrible, all the footage of the action 4 in the background is complete mush it is just awful and id say unusable.
2023-11-29
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm intrigued with what the Ace Pro can do. I do like the AI, low light, and lossless zoom capabilties. The ability to pause video while recording and use the shutter for screenshots while taking video are other bonuses, along with the flip screen. If it had 10-bit color and LOG color profiles, I'd pick one up, but I guess that is what the Ace Pro 2 is for.
2023-11-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules