1514 11 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

Just checking if this is normal...
If I use the joystick to rotate the Pocket 3 gimbal to the left, it gets to about 60 degrees and then stops with the message "Gimbal endpoints reached". Does everyone else have this happen?
2023-11-21
Use props
MR G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65436 ft
United States

Mine said that a few times while I was shooting video at the Las Vegas Grand Prix last weekend.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 19:51
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, Here is the link to the video which shows the message "Gimbal endpoints reached". As you can see, the pan left using the joystick stops at about 60 degrees. If you then try to pan right with the camera (not the joystick) the gimbal automatically tries to resist and pan further to the left to smooth out any movement, and at that point the message is displayed.

Pocket3_Gimbal_Endpoints_Reached

2023-11-22
Use props
nerodimarte79
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-22 06:02
Hi, Here is the link to the video which shows the message "Gimbal endpoints reached". As you can see, the pan left using the joystick stops at about 60 degrees. If you then try to pan right with the camera (not the joystick) the gimbal automatically tries to resist and pan further to the left to smooth out any movement, and at that point the message is displayed.

Mine has exactly the same behaviour
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

nerodimarte79 Posted at 11-22 06:28
Mine has exactly the same behaviour

Many thanks for the confirmation. I have been researching this a bit more and it appears that there is a limit on the movement of the gimbal pan (i.e. it can't do a 360 degree rotation). The same applies to the the Pocket 2, although I never noticed it!

It's something that all users need to bear in mind, if for example you are creating a motion time-lapse and hope to pan to the left - you will need to ensure you have sufficient travel in the gimbal by starting the gimbal from the right and use the position of the camera body to get the pan travel you need.
2023-11-22
Use props
nerodimarte79
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-22 06:39
Many thanks for the confirmation. I have been researching this a bit more and it appears that there is a limit on the movement of the gimbal pan (i.e. it can't do a 360 degree rotation). The same applies to the the Pocket 2, although I never noticed it!

It's something that all users need to bear in mind, if for example you are creating a motion time-lapse and hope to pan to the left - you will need to ensure you have sufficient travel in the gimbal by starting the gimbal from the right and use the position of the camera body to get the pan travel you need.

Indeed it doesn't cover 360°. In forward position, panning towards left it has 45-50° of available rotation. All the other degrees are on the right where the rotation towards selfie mode happens, for a total of 270°, more or less. So, as you said, it's something to keep in mind in several cases.
2023-11-22
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here - and yes, as explained above, unfortunately the gimbal doesn't have a full 360degree pan. Hence bear the 'dead zone' in mind when shooting.
2023-11-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When I made a video about the lockable gimbal lock on the Pocket 2, I mentioned that you have to walk round anticlockwise to get yourself into the frsme, due to this lopsided behaviour.  I believe that the limits on the Pocket 3 are slighty less than on the 2.
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-22 06:02

Thank you for your response. This is normal, please refer to the image below. Thank you.
2023-11-24
Use props
BlairAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-24 03:12
Thank you for your response. This is normal, please refer to the image below. Thank you.
[view_image]

The supplied figures are quite odd. Are you certain that the mechanical range isn't misquoted? The chart you supplied states Roll Mechanical range is 220° to 63°, yet the useable range is only 45° x 45° - that is a huge amount of unuseable range! Can you kindly confrm the quoted range is correct and not a typo or misquoted range? Thank you
SmartSelect_20231125_005041_Chrome.jpg
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BlairAir Posted at 11-24 22:02
The supplied figures are quite odd. Are you certain that the mechanical range isn't misquoted? The chart you supplied states Roll Mechanical range is 220° to 63°, yet the useable range is only 45° x 45° - that is a huge amount of unuseable range! Can you kindly confrm the quoted range is correct and not a typo or misquoted range? Thank you

Hi there. Thank you for your response. Please check the specification I posted above, it shows a controllable range of -45° to 45°. The one that you mentioned is the mechanical range. Please note that mechanical range means the gimbal hardware can reach to that, but you can only control at -45° to 45°. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules