931 21 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3249649 ft
Hungary

Dear All,

Apologies if this topic was discussed, but I did not find the answer.

Does DJI have any plans to get the Air3 C2 certified in the EU at a later date?
It seems to me that the plane fulfils all the prerequisites for C2, but according to the new EU regulations, it is not possible to fly with a "C1" plane in the "A2" category, because the "C2" rating is required. I hope that later it might be possible to update the classification of the machine I just bought.

Many thanks and all the best,
Gergely
2023-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Air 3 comes with a C1 label which is less restrictive than C2.

https://www.cined.com/dji-air-3- ... 0credit%3A%20CineD-,DJI%20Air%203%20comes%20with%20a%20C1%20label%20in%20Europe,it%20comes%20to%20drone%20regulations.
2023-11-22
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

Thank you very much, yeah, I'm stupid...
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GergelyKiss Posted at 11-22 03:39
Thank you very much, yeah, I'm stupid...

No worries.   
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. We're sorry that we have no information relative to this query. May we confirm the purpose of this certificate for us to coordinate the situation with our relevant team?
2023-11-23
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello,

It was a misunderstanding from my point of view, please disregard it.

All the best,
Gergely
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GergelyKiss Posted at 11-23 03:41
Hello,

It was a misunderstanding from my point of view, please disregard it.

Thank you for your clarification. Please feel free to reach us anytime. Cheers!
2023-11-23
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

Dear All,

I re-checked this and it seems it is true what I mentioned above.
I understand the C1 regulation is "better" than "C2", but not for everybody. I have a certificate to be able to fly a drone under "A2" which means, I can fly close to people.

I have this wonderful Air 3 machine, which is totally capable and fulfils the "C2" prerequisite since I'm able to enable a low-speed flight mode that can be activated at any time, where the maximum horizontal speed is 3 m/s.

This is the regulation:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/drones-regulatory-framework-background/open-category-civil-drones

This is the summary:

So, I can understand, that not all people would need this "C2", and they not want to apply for "C2" to Air 3, because not all people have an A2 certificate where they can work under "A2", but for me it is important, and this Mavic Air 3 is perfect for me - which I just purchased. I don't want to lose the opportunity to operate this drone under A2 circumstances.
Is there any potential solution for those people, who would like to fly in "A2" with Mavic Air 3 for later? Do DJI plan to potentially activate the "C2" for those, who would work like that with this drone?

Much appreciated your answer!

All the best,
Gergely

2023-11-30
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 18:49
Thank you for your clarification. Please feel free to reach us anytime. Cheers!

Hello,

I just found out that my question was valid, so would you be kind to review my last comment and let me know if there is any potential later for this?

Much appreciated for all your help,
Gergely
2023-11-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

GergelyKiss Posted at 11-30 22:33
Dear All,

Read official statement, not garbage schematics.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal- ... =CELEX%3A32019R0947

C2 is more restrictive than C1.
You should not think in certification C but in scenario A.
A1 is much more permissive than A2. So C1 and C0 are to be preferred..

2023-12-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

1.JPG

A1 :
-Close to people
-Above people  
-Not over assemblies of people
A2 :
-Close to people
-Not Above people  
-Not over assemblies of people

Atvertā kategorija – CAA

2023-12-1
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

Dear LV_Forestry,

Thank you, but this is also telling that what I told you - sorry, I am just an engineer and not a lawyer - , so apologies if I misunderstood something, but it looks like this to me:

Subcategory A1:
for unmanned aircraft referred to in point (5)(d), be conducted in such a way that a remote pilot of the unmanned aircraft does not overfly assemblies of people and reasonably expects that no uninvolved person will be overflown. In the event of unexpected overflight of uninvolved persons, the remote pilot shall reduce as much as possible the time during which the unmanned aircraft overflies those persons;

(5)
be performed with an unmanned aircraft that:
(d)
is marked as class C1 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 2 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification and geo-awareness systems.

Subcategory A2:
be conducted in such a way that the unmanned aircraft does not overfly uninvolved persons and the UAS operations take place at a safe horizontal distance of at least 30 metres from them; the remote pilot may reduce the horizontal safety distance down to a minimum of 5 metres from uninvolved persons when operating an unmanned aircraft with an active low speed mode function and after evaluation of the situation regarding:
(3)
be performed with an unmanned aircraft which is marked as class C2 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 3 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945, and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification and geo-awareness systems.

So, if I try to interpret the legal text, this can be the same as what the schematic shows that only a C2 drone can operate under A2 - close to people due to C2 has more strict regulations - as you mentioned - that C1 or C0. By the way, the only difference between C1 and C2 regulations is that sentence:
- they have a low-speed flight mode that can be activated by the pilot at any time, where the maximum horizontal speed is 3 m/s (except for fixed-wing UAs)

Many thanks and all the best,
Gergely
2023-12-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

GergelyKiss Posted at 12-1 00:48
Dear LV_Forestry,

Thank you, but this is also telling that what I told you - sorry, I am just an engineer and not a lawyer - , so apologies if I misunderstood something, but it looks like this to me:

Once again Air 3 is C1 therefore qualified for A1.
A2 is for heavier drone which doesn't stick to C0 or C1. So with your C1 drone you can do everything that can be done under A2 and even more. So, no need to over classified a drone. Please re-read regulations.
2023-12-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

GergelyKiss Posted at 12-1 00:48
Dear LV_Forestry,

Once again Air 3 is C1 therefore qualified for A1.
A2 is for heavier drone which doesn't stick to C0 or C1. So with your C1 drone you can do everything that can be done under A2 and even more. So, no need to over classified a drone. Please re-read regulations.
2023-12-1
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

I understood what you wrote down, but I do not see it in the regulations, anyhow, if this is the case - I can do a flight under A2 with Mavic Air 3, where I can get closer to people, I'm OK with it.

I just do not see it written down, because it is the sentence for A2:
"be performed with an unmanned aircraft which is marked as class C2 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 3 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945, and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification and geo-awareness systems."

If I write this and I were allowed to operate a C1 drone under A2 conditions I would include the "least" word like this: "... which is marked as class C2 at least ..." or I would phrase it like that: " ... which is marked as class C2, C1 or C0 ... ".

Regarding A2, I can fly closer to people - this is clear, and I need to do the proper exam for an A2 license - which I have.

Anyhow, I'm fully trusting what you tell me, just this is not clearly written down - for me at least -.

Thank you very much! Have a good day.

2023-12-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

GergelyKiss Posted at 12-1 02:27
I understood what you wrote down, but I do not see it in the regulations, anyhow, if this is the case - I can do a flight under A2 with Mavic Air 3, where I can get closer to people, I'm OK with it.

I just do not see it written down, because it is the sentence for A2:

There is nothing more I can do for you.  

You have a C1 drone which allows you to fly near people in accordance with provisions A1 2019/947.  

If you really want to do A2 for some mystical reason, buy an M3 enterprise and you will be satisfied.
2023-12-1
Use props
GergelyKiss
lvl.1
Hungary

Got it, thank you! appreciate your help, I'm happy now. No, definitely I do not want that.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GergelyKiss Posted at 11-30 22:33
Dear All,

Thank you for your follow-up query. We do appreciate your feedback and insight regarding this matter. Rest assured that we'll pass it on to our relevant team for awareness. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2023-12-2
Use props
Sky7even
New

Poland

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I'm not a young pilot. I agree with your statement, but I have to say that the graphic is also incomplete because there is nothing about the low speed scenario allowing the drone to be within 5m of people and it has a serious error because despite the low quality I see 50m distance there instead of 30m (UAS.OPEN.030 Operations with uav in subcategory A2). I emphasize this because the problem is more complex and broad. EASA has created crappy graphics and many schools have relied on them without further consideration. This has caused misunderstandings and perhaps wrong purchasing decisions. I remember very well when I was studying at the drone academy preparing for the nsts exam that the instructors told us the same thing, giving us the wrong impression about the A2 category, instead of thinking logically about mass and kinetic energy, because ultimately this is the most important key to all the differences. I also own an AIR 3 and I'm happy because it's in C1, but very close to C2 if you consider MTOM.  

3-24 00:20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sky7even Posted at 3-24 00:20
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I'm not a young pilot. I agree with your statement, but I have to say that the graphic is also incomplete because there is nothing about the low speed scenario allowing the drone to be within 5m of people and it has a serious error because despite the low quality I see 50m distance there instead of 30m (UAS.OPEN.030 Operations with uav in subcategory A2). I emphasize this because the problem is more complex and broad. EASA has created crappy graphics and many schools have relied on them without further consideration. This has caused misunderstandings and perhaps wrong purchasing decisions. I remember very well when I was studying at the drone academy preparing for the nsts exam that the instructors told us the same thing, giving us the wrong impression about the A2 category, instead of thinking logically about mass and kinetic energy, because ultimately this is the most important key to all the differences. I also own an AIR 3 and I'm happy because it's in C1, but very close to C2 if you consider MTOM.

There are no mistakes.  These are screenshots from the Latvian CAA website which are only valid as of the date they were taken.  Since, the European regulations have been completely applied in January 2024 and the image updated:

https://droni.caa.gov.lv/darbibas-kategorijas/atverta-kategorija/

3-24 00:50
Use props
Sky7even
New

Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-24 00:50
There are no mistakes.  These are screenshots from the Latvian CAA website which are only valid as of the date they were taken.  Since, the European regulations have been completely applied in January 2024 and the image updated:

https://droni.caa.gov.lv/darbibas-kategorijas/atverta-kategorija/

ok, now it is actually 30m, I wonder if by deciding on a funnel-shaped no-fly space this time they wanted to refer to the 1:1 rule? In my opinion, this is a perfect example of the fact that graphics are just graphics and can only be used to get an initial idea of the principle and you still end up having to read the statutes
3-24 01:32
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sky7even Posted at 3-24 01:32
ok, now it is actually 30m, I wonder if by deciding on a funnel-shaped no-fly space this time they wanted to refer to the 1:1 rule? In my opinion, this is a perfect example of the fact that graphics are just graphics and can only be used to get an initial idea of the principle and you still end up having to read the statutes
[view_image]

The rule is rather simple and well illustrated.
-1:1 within the limit of 30m minimum on the horizontal plane
-120m maximum on the vertical plane.

Exemple :
At 60m AGL, not more than 60m from people
At 30m AGL not more than 30m from people
At 29m AGL, not more than 30m from people
3-24 02:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules