Pocket 3 webcam with Skype on Mac os
2115 19 2023-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone had any luck connecting to the Pocket 3 in webcam mode via Skype on a mac?

So far, it shows up perfectly (and looks amazing) in Zoom and Google Meet, but no luck in Skype or Microsoft Teams.
I've also tried accessing through Camo Studio, but no luck there either.

Mac OS Ventura

2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please tell us more about the issue you encounter when you connect the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 on your Mac using Skype? After you connect the device to your computer using a USB cable, the device will go into USB mode then tap Webcam to enter Webcam mode and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays a Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Please note that if the computer software does not provide the option to select the camera or video source, it indicates that the software does not support the webcam functionality. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-22
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-22 23:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please tell us more about the issue you encounter when you connect the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 on your Mac using Skype? After you connect the device to your computer using a USB cable, the device will go into USB mode then tap Webcam to enter Webcam mode and the device will function as a webcam input device. The bottom of the screen displays a Webcam. Press the shutter/record button to start recording. Please note that if the computer software does not provide the option to select the camera or video source, it indicates that the software does not support the webcam functionality. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for the response!   Yes, I connect to a USB cable, and then I tap Webcam mode.  Both Skype and Teams (and Camo) shows the Pocket 3 as a webcam video source, but when I select it, the screen goes black.  I am, however, able to use it in Zoom and Google Meet.  
Any help would be much appreciated, as I bought it primarily for webcam use and typically use Skype with the company I work for.
Thank you.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dznyc Posted at 11-23 06:12
Thank you for the response!   Yes, I connect to a USB cable, and then I tap Webcam mode.  Both Skype and Teams (and Camo) shows the Pocket 3 as a webcam video source, but when I select it, the screen goes black.  I am, however, able to use it in Zoom and Google Meet.  
Any help would be much appreciated, as I bought it primarily for webcam use and typically use Skype with the company I work for.
Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. If you could provide us a short video showing the issue, that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-24
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-24 00:09
Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. If you could provide us a short video showing the issue, that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I'll see if I can film a video, but it's simply that the camera shows up as a selectable option in Skype, Camo, Teams...but once selected, the picture is black and no video is transmitted.

In Zoom or FaceTime, the camera shows up for selection the same way, but once selected the video works as expected.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dznyc Posted at 11-25 05:49
I'll see if I can film a video, but it's simply that the camera shows up as a selectable option in Skype, Camo, Teams...but once selected, the picture is black and no video is transmitted.

In Zoom or FaceTime, the camera shows up for selection the same way, but once selected the video works as expected.

Thank you for your response. Please note that if the computer software does not provide the option to select the camera or video source, it indicates that the software does not support the webcam functionality. We will forward this to the relevant team once you send the operation video showing the issue. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-27
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 02:41
Thank you for your response. Please note that if the computer software does not provide the option to select the camera or video source, it indicates that the software does not support the webcam functionality. We will forward this to the relevant team once you send the operation video showing the issue. Thank you for your cooperation.
Thank you. And just to clarify, all of the software I mentioned does indeed show the pocket 3 as a video source, and allows you to select it.  

In Skype, Camo and Teams, once the pocket 3 is selected as video source, the screen turns black and there’s no picture.  
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dznyc Posted at 11-27 03:11
Thank you. And just to clarify, all of the software I mentioned does indeed show the pocket 3 as a video source, and allows you to select it.  

In Skype, Camo and Teams, once the pocket 3 is selected as video source, the screen turns black and there’s no picture.

This feedback of yours will noted. Please upload the video once available and attach the link here so we can check it. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-11-29
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-29 02:11
This feedback of yours will noted. Please upload the video once available and attach the link here so we can check it. We appreciate your understanding.

I wanted to add a very interesting update.  
I've discovered that when I launch Quicktime, select a "new movie recording", suddenly the other software (Skype, Camo and Teams) all begin transmitting video!
Unfortunately, if I quit QuickTime, it immediately goes out again.
So somehow, the issue (or solution?) is tied to Quicktime possibly?
Maybe this helps.

Mac OS 13.6.1, QuickTime Player version 10.5
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dznyc Posted at 11-30 05:44
I wanted to add a very interesting update.  
I've discovered that when I launch Quicktime, select a "new movie recording", suddenly the other software (Skype, Camo and Teams) all begin transmitting video!
Unfortunately, if I quit QuickTime, it immediately goes out again.

Hello. We appreciate you for sharing this information. We have noted this feedback of yours and will confirm once tested. Please let us know if the video (with the issue) is now available so we can also validate this on our end. We will surely provide you with an accurate resolution once checked. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-12-4
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

I've uploaded a video, hope this helps.

2023-12-4
Use props
joddbln
New

Germany

dznyc Posted at 12-4 05:14
I've uploaded a video, hope this helps.
Pocket3 Webcam issue 12-4-23

We face the same problem, which is kind of annoying, as we as broadcasting company use skype for Live Connection. With Zoom everything works fine. Skype only detects the OP3 als camera source, but produces pure black. Even with that "quicktime dtour" ist's only horizontal stripes, but no picture.
The Studio Computer is a mac studio M2 with Sonoma, Skype for Mac newest version.
2023-12-18
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

joddbln Posted at 12-18 07:01
We face the same problem, which is kind of annoying, as we as broadcasting company use skype for Live Connection. With Zoom everything works fine. Skype only detects the OP3 als camera source, but produces pure black. Even with that "quicktime dtour" ist's only horizontal stripes, but no picture.
The Studio Computer is a mac studio M2 with Sonoma, Skype for Mac newest version.

OBS does seem to be working throughout all apps for me.  I'd still prefer native support, and hopefully that's coming soon, but for now this is a pretty solid option on my system.
2023-12-19
Use props
Scendre
lvl.1

France

I have exactly the same problem as dznyc and that's pretty annoying as I bought that camera specifically to use it as a webcam to stream with OBS
1-15 08:35
Use props
djiuser_Ew5n4fHUU86N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83629 ft
Finland

I have exactly the same problem in Teams, and I'll add https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d I've started.  
Additionally, I can confirm that the Quicktime trick works for me, but in Teams, the preview appears significantly zoomed in.
1-17 05:06
Use props
dznyc
lvl.2

United States

I’ve ended up switching to OBS Studio software as a front end for using the P3 on Skype/teams/zoom etc, and would definitely recommend it for now.  It’s a better work around than the QuickTime fix, but still not perfect.  Really hoping DJI updates the web cam capabilities soon!
1-17 05:13
Use props
Faelan
New

Belgium

dznyc Posted at 1-17 05:13
I’ve ended up switching to OBS Studio software as a front end for using the P3 on Skype/teams/zoom etc, and would definitely recommend it for now.  It’s a better work around than the QuickTime fix, but still not perfect.  Really hoping DJI updates the web cam capabilities soon!

Same problem for me (DJI Pocket 3 with last firmware + IMac) ! Works with Zoom, FaceTime and Messenger. But black screen in Skype....  Please correct the problem asap ;-)
2-4 11:44
Use props
Alex21512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51329 ft
Russia

Same issue. QT trick doesn't work.
2-6 02:06
Use props
willy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91440 ft
Poland

On a MacBook Pro, M1 processor, Sonoma, I have tried the OBS and the QuickTime approach. In both cases, the Pocket 3 is working ok for a few minutes and then it disconnects. I need to physically disconnect the USB cable and reconnect to have the video back. I have tried with the battery extension and with the shorter extension. I have seen repeated failures both on Zoom and Google Meet.
2-7 08:31
Use props
djiuser_k9lGzPYyYjyM
New

United States

I don’t own a pocket 3 yet but thinking about it seriously. I saw this post and I was curious if this issue is fixed. One suggestion not knowing how the webcam mode works on the pocket 3 but  with a mirrorless camera you have to start the recording for the camera to work after connecting to the Mac via usb, is it possible that you have to push the recording button for the pocket 3 to work as well? What does not make sense is that it is working in zoom and Google meet but not in Skype and Teams which both are MS products.
3-15 21:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules