Transmission problems
683 10 2023-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95dfc046
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1752142 ft

Hi
Eventually started flying the Avata, but image tranmission starts to breakdown or block at 200 metres. I live in Australia so I don't need the FCC hack, firmware is updated, I have tried changing modes but no good, is there anything else i can do? I am using goggles v2 with stumpy antennas because i want to try everything
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the issue happens in a different location? Make sure that the flight environment is open and clear, and whether there is any interference (such as a communication base station, a transmission line tower, and so on). Kindly please refer to the proper remote controller orientation to gain a better signal. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-23
Use props
fans95dfc046
lvl.2

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-23 03:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the issue happens in a different location? Make sure that the flight environment is open and clear, and whether there is any interference (such as a communication base station, a transmission line tower, and so on). Kindly please refer to the proper remote controller orientation to gain a better signal. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
[view_image]

Hi
Thank you for your email, I have tried it the beach and it happened again. So my understanding is that I have to be sitting directly  in line with drone for it to be fly without being blocked?  I couldn't send it down a creek going around obstacles, even though I can see it in the goggles?
Thank you
2023-11-23
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans95dfc046 Posted at 11-23 14:31
Hi
Thank you for your email, I have tried it the beach and it happened again. So my understanding is that I have to be sitting directly  in line with drone for it to be fly without being blocked?  I couldn't send it down a creek going around obstacles, even though I can see it in the goggles?
Thank you

Normally you should have no problem flying behind yourself, a normal house, a few trees, maybe a bridge. But flying down a creek can be dangerous if you get behind a bend and rocks.
Maybe post a video of what you see in the goggles.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans95dfc046 Posted at 11-23 14:31
Hi
Thank you

You are most welcome. Yes, please refer to the image above for the proper remote controller antenna orientation and see if it gives you a better signal. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-24
Use props
fans95dfc046
lvl.2

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-24 00:26
You are most welcome. Yes, please refer to the image above for the proper remote controller antenna orientation and see if it gives you a better signal. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi,
Are there better antennas that I can put on the goggles to get better coverage?

I have changed location  but still get problems even though it doesn't affect video to much.

Thanks again
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans95dfc046 Posted at 11-25 19:53
Hi,
Are there better antennas that I can put on the goggles to get better coverage?

Thank you for your response. We do not recommend any antenna extender as we cannot guarantee the stability of the said accessory when attached to the unit. Thank you.
2023-11-27
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

In Australia myself.  I've also got transmission problems.  Is that 200 metre range with clear line-of-sight?  I get a lot more than that without obstacles in the way, but when I get down low - with trees and terrain, it's rubbish - much worse than my P4Pv2 (Ocusync 2.0!).  It feels like the transmission frequency is stuck on 5.8 Ghz (not switching to 2.4 Ghz) and is under-powered to boot.  I've sent the drone back to DJI to look at, and am having trouble convincing them that there's something wrong with it.  
2023-12-14
Use props
fans95dfc046
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, I have gone for different antenna, TrueRc, to see that makes a difference I will think about putting the transmission on to 2.8 manually in the goggles. It's not line of sight..trees and everything else....I just watch for any red lines and just go up. I bought it so I could go into the bush and down creek beds. Have you heard of the Drone Mask which can be used with the Air 2S? Should be interesting...
2023-12-14
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

fans95dfc046 Posted at 12-14 13:08
Hi, I have gone for different antenna, TrueRc, to see that makes a difference I will think about putting the transmission on to 2.8 manually in the goggles. It's not line of sight..trees and everything else....I just watch for any red lines and just go up. I bought it so I could go into the bush and down creek beds. Have you heard of the Drone Mask which can be used with the Air 2S? Should be interesting...

I'm thinking your drone is faulty, as is mine, but let us know how that goes.
Can you select 2.8 GHz manually in the goggles?  That channel isn't available for manual selection on mine.
2023-12-14
Use props
fans95dfc046
lvl.2
Australia

Hi..I can change to 2.8 in the goggles..I put in the FCC hack which we don't need.. make sure your antenna on your controller is standing up right..
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules